PDA

View Full Version : Skip Calls Mavs title "a fluke" ... on First Take

Killakobe81
12-27-2011, 12:34 PM
I disagree but man that is disrespectful. I hope Marion is watching. I agree with Jemele ...she blames Cuban.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-27-2011, 12:36 PM
The way Marion's played so far he looks like he couldn't care less :lol

Giuseppe
12-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Only pussies & assholes qualify NBA Titles.

Killakobe81
12-27-2011, 12:38 PM
The way Marion's played so far he looks like he couldn't care less :lol

He is the one that says the Mavs are not getting their "due" :lol

Skip: "defending champs ... fluke! Lebron holds up his end as Robin ...Miami sweeps!" :lmao

Killakobe81
12-27-2011, 12:39 PM

I think Bayless is both, cully.

On a serious note this guy's obsession with Lebron (hating) and Tebow (knob slobbing) is pathetic.

Giuseppe
12-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Skip: "defending champs ... fluke! >>>If<<< Lebron holds up his end as Robin ...Miami sweeps!" :lmao

The chickenshit made damn sure he didn't say "If."

DaDakota
12-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Mavs had a lot of turnover, their chemistry is gone and they actually got older.....

They are a one and done team, but good for them that they got their one.

DD

Killakobe81
12-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Mavs had a lot of turnover, their chemistry is gone and they actually got older.....

They are a one and done team, but good for them that they got their one.

DD

Absolutely. Getting one is what matters. But to me they should of went the Rockets route and add a star to Dirk and the core ...If they keep Chandler and add Odom or even Dwill that makes sense. Like the rox added Drexler to the Dream ...

I just don't get their moves as a defending champs. Chandler and JJB were not old vets like GP or Alonzo when the Heat won it all. But hey hopefully they get a star but if they don't get a ring with the new core ...they will regret blowing the chance they had at this one ...

Findog
12-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Absolutely. Getting one is what matters. But to me they should of went the Rockets route and add a star to Dirk and the core ...If they keep Chandler and add Odom or even Dwill that makes sense. Like the rox added Drexler to the Dream ...

I just don't get their moves as a defending champs. Chandler and JJB were not old vets like GP or Alonzo when the Heat won it all. But hey hopefully they get a star but if they don't get a ring with the new core ...they will regret blowing the chance they had at this one ...

Cuban is betting all on the FA market of 2012. He wants to clear cap space and make a run at either D12 or Deron Williams. Personally, I think both of those guys are a long shot and he should have amnestied Haywood and resigned Chandler.

We turned over a 1/3 of our roster, lost our second-most important player, and didn't have enough of an adequate training camp or preseason schedule to develop an identity and chemistry.

The title was not a fluke, and neither is this start.

mavsfan1000
12-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Fuck Skip. I hate that bastard.

Ghazi
12-27-2011, 01:09 PM
We were the best team for the entire season last year..

Just like the Celtics were hte best team ALL season in 2008... they were 1 and done but does anyone dare call them a fluke?

Or the 2004 Pistons?

There are no fluke champions, except for the 2006 Heat.

You cannot fluke your way into winning 4 best of 7 series in the NBA.

mavsfan1000
12-27-2011, 01:11 PM

Just like the Celtics were hte best team ALL season in 2008... they were 1 and done but does anyone dare call them a fluke?

Or the 2004 Pistons?

Even the fluke Heat found a way to get it done. Gotta give them credit for taking advantage of the situation they got. (friendly whistles)

Killakobe81
12-27-2011, 01:13 PM

Or the 2004 Pistons?

Agree 100% ... Except on Heat they may be the weakest champion since 1980 ... but theirs was not a fluke either ...

Ghazi
12-27-2011, 01:21 PM
ANyway, a year older + loss of Chandler + integrating a lot of new players.

We're not as badas we looked.

I still estimate 38-40 wins... which isn't that good, but still.

Roddy Beaubois
12-27-2011, 01:22 PM
If anyone actually thinks that Skip believes anything that he says, you are fucking retarded.
It pisses me off how well his shtick works on the general public.

Giuseppe
12-27-2011, 01:49 PM
If anyone actually thinks that Skip believes anything that he says, you are fucking retarded.

Hell, it might not even be his opine. The editor may have assigned him that "opine."

JayTheClown
12-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Cuban is betting all on the FA market of 2012. He wants to clear cap space and make a run at either D12 or Deron Williams. Personally, I think both of those guys are a long shot and he should have amnestied Haywood and resigned Chandler.

We turned over a 1/3 of our roster, lost our second-most important player, and didn't have enough of an adequate training camp or preseason schedule to develop an identity and chemistry.

The title was not a fluke, and neither is this start.

I dont think Deron is a long shot at all. If (and I understand that is a big "if") he does reach FA then I believe the Mavs have the best chance to sign him. I do agree with you on D12, he is New Jersey bound.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-27-2011, 02:12 PM
No way D12 is jersey bound if Deron leaves.

mavsfan1000
12-27-2011, 02:46 PM
The worst think you could do to Skip is not watch his show. That will hopefully get rid of him. He is a Stephen A. Smith wannabe.

pass1st
12-27-2011, 02:54 PM
No way D12 is jersey bound if Deron leaves.

Magic would never let D12 walk, he will sign to the team he is traded to if it's Knicks,LAL,Nets

z0sa
12-27-2011, 03:02 PM
The Mavs title was absolutely not a fluke. I don't see how any true NBA fan could look at the teams they beat, especially semi finals and beyond, and not be duly impressed.

However, I do think it may be the best example ever as to why bigs - and size in general - are just far more important than guards in the NBA. Tyson Chandler was a huge piece defensively and his ability to finish over and around players when set up properly will not be easily replaced, no matter if Dirk's jumper is still like a layup or not.

Kai
12-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Literally starting a thread over something Skip Bayless said...

BUMP
12-27-2011, 04:16 PM
We need Nash to fortify Dirk again

Cuban letting him go was a huge mistake.

DJ Mbenga
12-27-2011, 04:23 PM
they were one and done if they kept everyone . Cuban made a nice business decision

Giuseppe
12-27-2011, 04:24 PM
We need Nash to fortify Dirk again

Cuban letting him go was a huge mistake.

He never fortified Dirk to begin with. That's why Cuban ran him off. & it turned out Cuban was justified in that act. Nash has never delivered squat, diddly style here.

BUMP
12-27-2011, 04:27 PM
He never fortified Dirk to begin with. That's why Cuban ran him off. & it turned out Cuban was justified in that act. Nash has never delivered squat, diddly style here.

But Nash won MVP by fortifying the Suns to 60 win seasons in a similar fashion of fortifying the Mavs to the playoffs. It's just too bad he was surrouned by that black man, Amare Stoudemire. Running him off was genius

Giuseppe
12-27-2011, 04:33 PM
But Nash won MVP by fortifying the Suns to 60 win seasons in a similar fashion of fortifying the Mavs to the playoffs. It's just too bad he was surrouned by that black man, Amare Stoudemire. Running him off was genius

I don't do MVP, BUMP. It don't mean anything. Doesn't stand for anything. It and 4 smackers will get you a Venti at the bucks, Star style.

I do Titles, daddy, NBA style. That's all I do.

BUMP
12-27-2011, 04:35 PM
You're underestimating the amount of fortification that Nash was able to bestow between the two teams though

Mel_13
12-27-2011, 05:40 PM

So does that make Phil a pussy, an asshole, or both?

InRareForm
12-27-2011, 06:05 PM
mavs fans madddd

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Skip Bayless doing Skip Bayless... no surprises here.

Pelicans78
12-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Amare should have won the MVP instead of Nash.

Deuce Bigalow
12-27-2011, 07:00 PM

Or the 2004 Pistons?

lol dumbass

Red Hawk #21
12-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Look for the Mavs to pick it up in a few weeks and everyone will be hailing them once again...

DMC
12-27-2011, 07:04 PM
I don't do MVP, BUMP. It don't mean anything. Doesn't stand for anything. It and 4 smackers will get you a Venti at the bucks, Star style.

I do Titles, daddy, NBA style. That's all I do.
You can get a Venti for 2 if you aren't a pussy who drinks fancy coffee.

Giuseppe
12-27-2011, 07:33 PM
You can get a Venti for 2 if you aren't a pussy who drinks fancy coffee.

:rolleyesD, gettin' his anal on.

Stalin
12-27-2011, 07:45 PM
one and done? didn't see that coming, mavfan logic had me won over, tbh

FkLA
12-27-2011, 07:52 PM
skip tells it how it is tbh mavs simply got lucky with lebrons huge choke

he also picked spurs to come out of west :tu

Jodelo
12-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Skip is five months late. I told you cock suckers they were a fluke back in June. They might not win a game this year.

No Naruto on right now?

DMC
12-27-2011, 09:14 PM
:rolleyesD, gettin' his anal on.
The tail has been pinned on the donkey...

Let us proceed.