PDA

View Full Version : Chandler: I saw Mavs' struggles coming

Mel_13
12-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Some people may be surprised by the defending champion Dallas Mavericks' 0-2 start.

Knicks center Tyson Chandler isn't one of them.

"I kind of seen it coming," he said.

Chandler -- the Mavs' starting center last season -- says the way Dallas approached free agency was a bad sign.

"I'm not saying that they don't have the pieces there [to compete for a title]. I obviously think very highly of those guys," Chandler said. "But I say that because they offered everybody one-year deals, so they knew nobody was going to necessarily accept that. So you're basically telling all the players in the locker room, 'We're playing for free agency next year after a [year after winning a] championship.'"

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/8630/chandler-i-saw-mavs-struggles-coming

TE
12-27-2011, 05:47 PM
They don't have big brother Tyson to bail em out on defense anymore. Who didn't see the Mavs struggle coming?

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 05:49 PM
kinda funny that he's so asshurt about a business decision the Mavericks made when he made a business decision of his own to go to the Knicks. If he really loved playing in Dallas that much he'd have just taken a one year deal and that would be that. But he didn't, so he's just as guilty as Cuban of sacrificing a title defense for the future.

Just talk about how great you loved winning a title and shut the fuck up about the rest, faggot.

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Can't really blame the nlgga, dude just wanted a long term security contract cause he be injury prone tbh

Exactly. He got what he wanted and the Mavs got what they wanted. All his extra talk just shows he's fucking butthurt about a business decision the Mavs made, when he's just as guilty.

mavsfan1000
12-27-2011, 06:02 PM
And we see the Knicks not winning either. Fuck you Chandler.

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Damn i'm getting sick of hearing this nikka speak and Mavs fans in general bringing him
up every time we struggle... this fool two seasons ago was a nobody... Mavs took a chance and maxed him out imo. Then he wouldn't take a 1 year deal for $20 million?? Cry me a river trick bitch.

DMC
12-27-2011, 06:03 PM
TC made the right move. Cuban probably did too, but it won't be apparent to anyone other than his accountants.

InRareForm
12-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Mavs fans maddddd

Scrub
12-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Role player butthurt over being offered 20mil for 1 season :monkey

Trainwreck2100
12-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Exactly. He got what he wanted and the Mavs got what they wanted. All his extra talk just shows he's fucking butthurt about a business decision the Mavs made, when he's just as guilty.

I really doubt the mavs got what they wanted, they probably didn't want to look like rape victims their first two times out.

MmP
Although Im sick of Tyson being a FA star (it's Tyson Chandler we're talking people) the man has a point. When you give 1year deals it affects your players mentality on the court.

monosylab1k
Mavs fans maddddd

http://www.cbsnews.com/i/tim/2011/06/12/dallas_115951009_620x350.jpg

and this picture isn't 4 years old :lmao

InRareForm
12-27-2011, 06:09 PM
and this picture isn't 4 years old :lmao

and this picture isn't worth 4 titles either :downspin:

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 06:15 PM

:lmao 4 years ago

InRareForm
12-27-2011, 06:18 PM
your flash in the pan will soon be 4 years ago

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 06:20 PM
your flash in the pan will soon be 4 years ago

:lmao 4 years ago

Trainwreck2100
12-27-2011, 06:21 PM
it wasn't a flash in the pan it was a collision of the right forces meeting at the right time. causing a kind of falsh. I don't know what you'd call it though.

mavs>spurs
12-27-2011, 06:23 PM
lol spur fan talking about fluke titles

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 06:24 PM
lol spur fan talking about fluke titles

No no no, it takes a true Champion to beat an 8 seed after a fifty game season, the Nets, and a shitty Cavs team with one legit NBA player!

Trainwreck2100
12-27-2011, 06:25 PM
No no no, it takes a true Champion to beat an 8 seed after a fifty game season, the Nets, and a shitty Cavs team with one legit NBA player!

Don't lie and say you expected JJ Barea to not play like shit last year.

DPG21920
12-27-2011, 06:31 PM
WoW

Roddy Beaubois
12-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Your one word shtick has me in stitches DPG.

DPG21920
12-27-2011, 06:40 PM
y

DMC
12-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Never seen a fluke championship. Fluke wins maybe, but not fluke titles.

Roddy Beaubois
12-27-2011, 06:44 PM
kinda funny that he's so asshurt about a business decision the Mavericks made when he made a business decision of his own to go to the Knicks. If he really loved playing in Dallas that much he'd have just taken a one year deal and that would be that. But he didn't, so he's just as guilty as Cuban of sacrificing a title defense for the future.

Just talk about how great you loved winning a title and shut the fuck up about the rest, faggot.

It would have been possibly the stupidest financial move in NBA history if Chandler took a one year deal. His stock will never be higher and this is his one chance to cash in big. If Cubes matched the Knicks deal no one would have said a word against it. There's a difference.

I don't necessarily disagree with Cubans decision. Chandler had a fantastic year last year, and he looked great on Christmas, but he is still a big man with a injury history. Giving him a long contract is a gamble in itself. With Cuban making all these uncharacteristic financial moves (esp the DEN one), it seems he knows more about his chances with Dwight than he lets on. And if we land D12 all is forgiven, of course.

Roddy Beaubois
12-27-2011, 06:47 PM
btw we do us mav fans officially start the overthetop Dwight to the Mavs shtick? The Lebron one was hilarious in summer 2010. Let me know, Ghaz.

DPG21920
12-27-2011, 06:51 PM
I outlined why it's a risky strategy in-depth and how keeping Tyson, even with the same contract as he got from NY could have easily accomplished his same goals with less risk. Mono isn't making any sense and what Tyson did is nothing like what Cubes did except for the fact they were both basketball related items. One move was retarded and one was not.

Even if the Mavs land Dwight (which I agree will make Cubes look very smart), Tyson's move was still a good one.

FkLA
12-27-2011, 06:52 PM
mavfags think they have a shot at dwight :lol

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 06:53 PM
It would have been possibly the stupidest financial move in NBA history if Chandler took a one year deal. His stock will never be higher and this is his one chance to cash in big. If Cubes matched the Knicks deal no one would have said a word against it.

Never said anything that disagrees with it. I'm saying Chandler is upset the Mavericks didn't make him a better offer and he's lashing out. That's hypocritical because if he truly wanted to stay in Dallas and defend the title, he had an offer there to do it. He's an NBA player, it's not like he was going to have to apply for food stamps over how bad the Mavs offer was. He made a business decision, just like Mark Cuban made a business decision. End of story.

mavs>spurs
12-27-2011, 06:54 PM
:lol be@ner who sucks at 2k

FkLA
12-27-2011, 06:54 PM
yall are ungrateful too, w/o big daddy tyson protecting him that overrated soft 7 ft vagina never gets over the hump

mavs>spurs
12-27-2011, 06:55 PM
how many humps can a 5'4 girly voiced be@ner get over?

Roddy Beaubois
12-27-2011, 06:55 PM
without a center better than shitbag dampier, Dirk can't win a championship!

ok

FkLA
12-27-2011, 07:05 PM
white boy accountant listening to south park bean3r :lol

DMC
12-27-2011, 07:08 PM
I outlined why it's a risky strategy in-depth and how keeping Tyson, even with the same contract as he got from NY could have easily accomplished his same goals with less risk. Mono isn't making any sense and what Tyson did is nothing like what Cubes did except for the fact they were both basketball related items. One move wasn't retarded and one was not.

Even if the Mavs land Dwight (which I agree will make Cubes look very smart), Tyson's move was still a good one.

You might want to clarify.

mavs>spurs
12-27-2011, 07:09 PM
accountant

all i know is it has a better ring to it than "south texas be@ner trash" :lmao

FkLA
12-27-2011, 07:09 PM
without a center to hold his hand on defense, dirk cant win!

ok

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-27-2011, 07:16 PM
:lol be@ner who sucks at 2k

2k smack again... get new material faggot

FkLA
12-27-2011, 07:18 PM
all i know is it has a better ring to it than "south texas be@ner trash" :lmao

white boy accountant :lol

DPG21920
12-27-2011, 07:21 PM
ok

Nice one word shtick brah

Roddy Beaubois
:lol all dirk needed was the Bobcats second string center and no allstars. Duncan needed an allstar SG and PG.

:lol dirk=goat

Roddy Beaubois
thx

DPG21920
12-27-2011, 07:22 PM
:lol all dirk needed was the Bobcats second string center and no allstars. Duncan needed an allstar SG and PG.

:lol dirk=goat

BadTakes

Roddy Beaubois
12-27-2011, 07:29 PM
BadTakes

^ you had plenty of 'em last May and continued them into June.

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Aye yo fkla, 41 n YH, when we gettin det league started

You know I'm down..... waiting on that bottom bitch tyson

DPG21920
12-27-2011, 07:39 PM
^ you had plenty of 'em last May and continued them into June.

:rolleyes

thispego
12-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Mono :cry

FkLA
12-27-2011, 07:46 PM
He just got dat shit yesterday. I'll make a thread when da time come man you know what good niqqa

count me in nlgga

ElNono
12-27-2011, 07:46 PM
He didn't see the guy that's coaching the team he signed up with?

Proxy
12-27-2011, 07:55 PM

You're being a bitch. Cuban fucked it up. How many dumbass owners have successfully destroyed a championship team the following year in the history of the NBA? Only one, and you guys better land Howard or Dirk becomes a joke again and Cuban gets exposed for all of his shortcomings.

This is why your organization is a joke... your owner is a moron and it rubs off on the rest of the Maverick franchise. It's apparent when we see stupid ass nigs like you posting stupid ass shit, trash talking the player that was solely responsible for putting you over the top and giving you size and defensive presence in the paint. You owe Tyson every bit of support, because if it wasn't for him being on the team, there's no chance you contend last year.

Have fun sucking ass with a washed up ballhog VC and idiot buthurt Kardashian.

Bill_Brasky
12-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Lol mavfan overreacting....

Roddy Beaubois
12-27-2011, 08:21 PM
You're being a bitch. Cuban fucked it up. How many dumbass owners have successfully destroyed a championship team the following year in the history of the NBA? Only one, and you guys better land Howard or Dirk becomes a joke again and Cuban gets exposed for all of his shortcomings.

This is why your organization is a joke... your owner is a moron and it rubs off on the rest of the Maverick franchise. It's apparent when we see stupid ass nigs like you posting stupid ass shit, trash talking the player that was solely responsible for putting you over the top and giving you size and defensive presence in the paint. You owe Tyson every bit of support, because if it wasn't for him being on the team, there's no chance you contend last year.

:lol classic gnsf right here

mavs>spurs
12-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Aye yo fkla, 41 n YH, when we gettin det league started

I'm not playing in a league with those 2 fuckfaces. They both suck ass anyway.

FkLA
12-27-2011, 08:46 PM
pussy white boy is scared :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-27-2011, 09:09 PM

:lmao wow what a gray post

mavs>spurs
12-27-2011, 09:43 PM
pussy white boy is scared :lol

dude you blow dick i'd rather open up the spots for more challenging less annoying players

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 09:53 PM
This is why your organization is a joke

:lmao your organization hasn't won shit in 4 years, you gave a bullshit contract to Richard Fucking Jefferson, then you didn't amnesty his ass when you had the chance, and you got beat by an 8 seed.

Mavs are the defending champs.

Game Over I Win.

ElNono
12-27-2011, 09:58 PM

Whose troll is this, tbh? Outstanding job, IMO.

Killakobe81
12-27-2011, 10:25 PM
•An unforgiving John Hollinger returns with his PER Diem column and declares the Mavericks definitely won’t repeat. (Insider)
(courtesy ESPN True Hoop)

Well the good news is that ...he didnt pick the Mavs LAST year either ...

IF you have Insider click here (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story?page=PERDiem-111227&_slug_=dallas-mavericks-trouble&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fstory%3fpage%3dPERDiem-111227%26_slug_%3ddallas-mavericks-trouble)

Giuseppe
12-27-2011, 10:36 PM
:lmao your organization hasn't won shit in 4 years, you gave a bullshit contract to Richard Fucking Jefferson, then you didn't amnesty his ass when you had the chance, and you got beat by an 8 seed.

Mavs are the defending champs.

Game Over I Win.

I've never seen Mono this fortified of a Tuesday evenin'.

jjktkk
12-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Mav fans know there will be no repeat this year, but expect Howard, and/or Dwill signing in 2012.

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 10:37 PM
I've never seen Mono this fortified of a Tuesday evenin'.

You're the Nash to my Hedo.

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Slow down there faggot. You girls blew up your team before you even got a chance to defend the title. I guess thats one way of getting that mark off yao back. Boooooyaaaa!!!

and you like Naruto.

I win.

DAF86
12-27-2011, 11:05 PM
If the Mavs are really going hard after Howard they might as well tank this season and get a good rookie to make the team even more tempting.

ducks
12-27-2011, 11:41 PM
kidd is to old
chandler made dirk d ok
jason kidd first game -27
enough said
no point guard in dallas trade for wolves 60

TheChillFactor
12-28-2011, 08:45 AM
a lot of mavs butthurt in this thread tbh

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-28-2011, 09:47 AM
If the Mavs are really going hard after Howard they might as well tank this season and get a good rookie to make the team even more tempting.
Tbh Dirk/Howard up front with Drummond off the bench for the last 3-4 years of Dirk's career then taking over at PF would be pretty tempting for Howard.

DisAsTerBot
12-28-2011, 09:54 AM
dude you blow dick i'd rather open up the spots for more challenging less annoying players

damn, YH sucks ass in 2k. We need some better comp up in here. Only me and lincoln got skills in here. Jermaine could stomp all these fools. If you didnt' make the finals you sucks balls. period.

Trill Clinton
12-28-2011, 10:14 AM
I don't see where he was salty. he just spoke the truth and said what everybody else has been saying.

Obstructed_View
12-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Every time he opens his mouth I'm a little more sure that the Mavs did the right thing letting his ass go.

BUMP
12-28-2011, 10:41 AM

San Antonio, hands down. End of story. I feel sorry for anyone that has to work in that "city" they call Dallas (if you wanna call that hellhole a city). All you need to do is go to a game at the AAC and then you'll seriously wonder why they included that piece of trash in the great state of Texas

MavFan6488
12-28-2011, 10:57 AM
cuban did the right thing. chandler is a injury-prone role player. i still can't believe the knicks paying him 58 million the next 4 years..

he was one of the most overrated free-agents in league history, knicks will find out soon enough..

SpurCharger
12-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I find It Hilarious That Mav Fans Are Trying to Act like Its Ok, That They Let Probably The top 3 Defensive Big In The Game Walk, Because Cuban Didnt wanna Pay The One Guy Who Put Them Over The Hump..... I dont Blame Chandler for Leaving, We look At it As A Sport, But to them Its A Job/Career. I would Have taken the Long Term As Well..... Face It, Cuban Messed up.....
As A Spurs Fan I Can Admit when The Team Messes up, Like Letting Stephen Jackson Go. Letting Luis Scola Go, And Bringing In Dick Jefferson.....
Sounds like Some Mavs Fans are in Denile.....
Mavs Will Be A 6 or 7 seed This year....

Giuseppe
12-28-2011, 11:09 AM
I don't see where he was salty. he just spoke the truth and said what everybody else has been saying.

"everybody" was "us" on Boards.

Media will tell "him" when to call out the dogs. Media controls the vertical. Media controls the horizontal.

Media.

Trill Clinton
12-28-2011, 11:59 AM
"everybody" was "us" on Boards.

Media will tell "him" when to call out the dogs. Media controls the vertical. Media controls the horizontal.

Media.

Can you put this in layman's terms, plz?

mavsfan1000
12-28-2011, 12:01 PM
cuban did the right thing. chandler is a injury-prone role player. i still can't believe the knicks paying him 58 million the next 4 years..

he was one of the most overrated free-agents in league history, knicks will find out soon enough..
Good point. Heck we got Sean freakin' Williams. We are good.

Giuseppe
12-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Can you put this in layman's terms, plz?

When (Media) is ready to cast Cuban down for the Chandler Fiasco they'll let "us"/the public know and then it'll be official. Chandler himself jumping the gun like this is not appreciated by Media. They weren't ready to condemn Cuban quite yet. "We"/ST members knew a shit sandwich the moment it happened. I went first in the condemnation, and then was quickly followed by the rank & file when the twin slaughters took place.

Media wanted to ride the Mavs Bandwagon awhile longer. An example is the cacophony ensuing after Kupchak ran Odom off for a toaster. But, its hands off for Cuban and Chandler. Media will get around to it, but, on their schedule---not on the members of ST schedule.

Trill Clinton
12-28-2011, 12:38 PM
When (Media) is ready to cast Cuban down for the Chandler Fiasco they'll let "us"/the public know and then it'll be official. Chandler himself jumping the gun like this is not appreciated by Media. They weren't ready to condemn Cuban quite yet. "We"/ST members knew a shit sandwich the moment it happened. I went first in the condemnation, and then was quickly followed by the rank & file when the twin slaughters took place.

Media wanted to ride the Mavs Bandwagon awhile longer. An example is the cacophony ensuing after Kupchak ran Odom off for a toaster. But, its hands off for Cuban and Chandler. Media will get around to it, but, on their schedule---not on the members of ST schedule.

:lol alright

LkrFan
12-28-2011, 04:22 PM

:rolleyes Tyson is spot on. Cubes is a dumbass. You guys are getting what you deserve. :downspin:

LkrFan
12-28-2011, 04:23 PM
And we see the Knicks not winning either. Fuck you Chandler.

Knicks 1-0
Mavs? :lmao

DMC
12-28-2011, 04:24 PM

Boiled down::: "I set the trend"

LkrFan
12-28-2011, 04:25 PM

:lol he can't :downspin: that shit if he tried. :lol

LkrFan
12-28-2011, 04:34 PM

Proxy with goods! :lol

:lmao @ monostat! :downspin:

Giuseppe
12-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Boiled down::: "I set the trend"

I did. And when I did everybody either disagreed, or, ran away. Not until the slaughter X 2 did you all jump on my wagon.

z0sa
12-28-2011, 05:05 PM
After what Tyson - and the title he helped bring - meant for that team, I can see why he was pissed at a one year deal. Mavs should be looking to win it all at any cost but Cuban got the title and now he's not as feisty.

DMC
12-28-2011, 05:09 PM
I did. And when I did everybody either disagreed, or, ran away. Not until the slaughter X 2 did you all jump on my wagon.
That the same wagon that Hedo and Nash ride?

JamStone
12-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Probably better off just shutting the fuck up, but it doesn't mean what he said doesn't hold some merit. What he said actually does make sense. Even if there's the other agenda behind it, i.e. creating the flexibility to go after D12 or D-Will next summer, I do think it suggests the Mavs are willing to give themselves less than the best shot to repeat. Whether they can land one of those top FAs next summer will ultimately decide how prudent and/or insightful that decision was. Can they really afford risking wasting a season at Dirk's age? We'll see.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-28-2011, 07:38 PM
That the same wagon that Hedo and Nash ride?
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Giuseppe
12-28-2011, 07:39 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Oh, yeah, that's just a knee slapper.:rolleyes

Mav-elous Man
12-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Chandler is replaceable. Better than average but replaceable.

ducks
12-28-2011, 11:24 PM
really
name a ring without him you mavs won

Killakobe81
12-29-2011, 11:36 AM

Not I cully, I have been banging that drum here and at work (i work at Ren Tower downtown Dallas)

I won two lunch bets on the Mavs losing game 1, been saying it's reprehensible to not allow a team to defend it's title.

cheguevara
12-29-2011, 11:44 AM
you're being a bitch. Cuban fucked it up. How many dumbass owners have successfully destroyed a championship team the following year in the history of the nba? Only one, and you guys better land howard or dirk becomes a joke again and cuban gets exposed for all of his shortcomings.

This is why your organization is a joke... Your owner is a moron and it rubs off on the rest of the maverick franchise. It's apparent when we see stupid ass nigs like you posting stupid ass shit, trash talking the player that was solely responsible for putting you over the top and giving you size and defensive presence in the paint. You owe tyson every bit of support, because if it wasn't for him being on the team, there's no chance you contend last year.

Have fun sucking ass with a washed up ballhog vc and idiot buthurt kardashian.

crofl

Giuseppe
12-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Not I cully, I have been banging that drum here and at work (i work at Ren Tower downtown Dallas)

I won two lunch bets on the Mavs losing game 1, been saying it's reprehensible to not allow a team to defend it's title.

Fine. But, I was first.

DPG21920
07-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Some people may be surprised by the defending champion Dallas Mavericks' 0-2 start.

Knicks center Tyson Chandler isn't one of them.

"I kind of seen it coming," he said.

Chandler -- the Mavs' starting center last season -- says the way Dallas approached free agency was a bad sign.

"I'm not saying that they don't have the pieces there [to compete for a title]. I obviously think very highly of those guys," Chandler said. "But I say that because they offered everybody one-year deals, so they knew nobody was going to necessarily accept that. So you're basically telling all the players in the locker room, 'We're playing for free agency next year after a [year after winning a] championship.'"

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/8630/chandler-i-saw-mavs-struggles-coming

Damn, Tyson with a clear head about the situation.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-05-2012, 02:42 PM
:lol solid bump

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Btw DPG, do you think the Suns' deal for Dragic was fair? They'll be paying $7,500,000 a year unless he makes the all star team (and in the event that happens, then he'd obviously be worth the $8,500,000 salary he'd get).

TheMACHINE
07-05-2012, 02:45 PM

:lol

DPG21920
07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Btw DPG, do you think the Suns' deal for Dragic was fair? They'll be paying $7,500,000 a year unless he makes the all star team (and in the event that happens, then he'd obviously be worth the $8,500,000 salary he'd get).

Definitely - my opinon on the worth of guys like Dragic & Lin is that they are MLE players based on potential (21M for 4 years is the MLE now, so ~5M per year). Going to 30 is a little high, but I think decently fair for what he has shown.

When you start talking about 9M+ that is reserved on known guys or guys with really high upside (especially if they are younger). But with this market, 7.5M for Goran is pretty solid and is right in line with what the average player/starting PG is making.

Mel_13
07-06-2012, 06:59 PM
When asked about what happened to his former team the last week, ‪#Knicks‬ center Tyson Chandler said, “I’m a little stunned.” More to come.

“I kind of felt like it was going to be [like] that, honestly.

"If they weren’t able to land Deron Williams or Dwight [Howard] I knew there would be trouble down the road.””

Does TChandler feel sorry for Mavericks? “I feel sorry for Dirk (@swish41). Really for Dirk and the coaching staff."

“You go from winning a championship to kind of [where] it seems like you’re almost in a rebuilding stage.

Chandler says he feels bad for the ‪#Mavericks‬, but "especially for Dirk at this point in his career I really feel bad for him.”

https://twitter.com/Whyhub

LkrFan
07-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Dallas Mavs news ‏@dmn_mavericks
Tyson Chandler: 'I feel sorry for Dirk and the (Mavs') coaching staff'

:wow