PDA

View Full Version : 2008-13 Spurs vs 2005-10 Phoenix Suns. Better 6 yr run?

Fabbs
12-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Glitzy #1 seed(s).
Division title(s).
Or just simply a cluster of mostly 54-55+ win seasons.
All leading to ouster in the playoffs.

I've got news for ya mister, Greg Pop has 4 of em.
Yep, Greg "CIA" Pop has led the Spurs to 4 in a row.
Can he make it to 6?
Discuss.

jjktkk
12-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Your better better off bumping your pop sucks thread, instead of starting another shitty thread tbh.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg163/scaled.php?server=163&filename=raplphwiggumcartoon.png&res=medium

The_Worlds_finest
12-27-2011, 09:40 PM
gotdamn your stupid

Fabbs
12-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Getting rid of bigs and Bruce Bowen and replacing them with soft homos like Mike Finley, Dick and Bonner got and continues to get me excited. I support Pop!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/14/Ralph_Wiggum.png/212px-Ralph_Wiggum.png

Fabbs
12-27-2011, 10:09 PM
i want to see 6 straight years of playoff ouster. How many is 6?

Bill_Brasky
12-27-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm a spoiled brat who thinks winning rings is easy.

Fabbs
12-27-2011, 10:28 PM
i like soft homos too.

jjktkk
12-27-2011, 10:31 PM
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4348/ralphwiggum2ballboy.png

Fabbs
12-27-2011, 10:42 PM
but I've been Pops balls boi for 4 years and counting.
:lmao

jjktkk
12-27-2011, 10:54 PM
My mom told me I can be a NBA coach someday.

benefactor
12-28-2011, 07:29 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say no team wins 50 games this year.

Oh...and you can add the Magic, Pistons, Kings, Jazz, Bucks, Nuggets and Mavericks to your list of teams that have strung together at least four 50+ win seasons with a playoff ouster...since your very small brain seems to think this is a rather rare occurence.

TDMVPDPOY
12-28-2011, 08:01 AM
08-13 worst era of spurs bullshit basketball

went away from dictating the game with our big frontline, to adjusting small ball = lame

in those years the lakers went big while we went small...they picked up 2, while we still livin in the past with 4...

Fabbs
12-28-2011, 09:59 AM

Oh...and you can add the Magic, Pistons, Kings, Jazz, Bucks, Nuggets and Mavericks to your list of teams that have strung together at least four 50+ win seasons with a playoff ouster...since your very small brain seems to think this is a rather rare occurence.
You strive for mediocrity.
I'm well aware of what other mostly loser orgs have done.
Dallas couldn't get past Pop with Nellie (wow what an accomplishment Popped). It took a rookie coach to end the streak. :lmao Along with the beginning of small balls and Pops faggotry love for soft no Defense SF/PF combos in the 2006 playoffs.
Magic wgaf what a loser Van Grunty coach couldn't do.
Kings did win the title in 2002.
Bucks never had the roster Pooped had to work with.
Nor did any other team.

You're stuck in mediocre worship.
Free you mind.

Fabbs
12-28-2011, 10:00 AM

went away from dictating the game with our big frontline, to adjusting small ball = lame

in those years the lakers went big while we went small...they picked up 2, while we still livin in the past with 4...
:toast
Some people get it.

benefactor
12-28-2011, 10:14 AM
You strive for mediocrity.
I'm well aware of what other mostly loser orgs have done.
Dallas couldn't get past Pop with Nellie (wow what an accomplishment Popped). It took a rookie coach to end the streak. :lmao Along with the beginning of small balls and Pops faggotry love for soft no Defense SF/PF combos in the 2006 playoffs.
Magic wgaf what a loser Van Grunty coach couldn't do.
Kings did win the title in 2002.
Bucks never had the roster Pooped had to work with.
Nor did any other team.

You're stuck in mediocre worship.
Free you mind.

your very small brain
I stand affirmed.

*cue Ralphie pic with random, unfunny comment*

BUMP
12-28-2011, 11:36 AM
http://bundy.bear.tripod.com/pics/coolralph.gif

I think beating the same dead horse for years will eventually change everything!

Fabbs
12-28-2011, 11:48 AM
I pose as a Mavs troll. I'm glad to see what Popped has become.

jjktkk
12-28-2011, 01:15 PM

How young are you? Damn spoiled Spurs fan. Try going back to the pre admiral days.

Fabbs
12-29-2011, 10:24 AM
I stand affirmed.

*cue Ralphie pic with random, unfunny comment*
^^ this post doesn't even rise to the level of Ralphie pic with comment.
Altho......"I affirmed me" is very Ralphie of you. :lol

Fabbs
12-29-2011, 10:26 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/14/Ralph_Wiggum.png/212px-Ralph_Wiggum.png
I affirm Me.

TDMVPDPOY
12-29-2011, 11:15 AM
How young are you? Damn spoiled Spurs fan. Try going back to the pre admiral days.

prime admiral days were not wasted, he had alot of good games and was dealt with what he had, he cant help if he played through shit coaches and joke ass players...all of that you can blame for being a small market team and mismanagement...other then that he did have solid seasons..

now with the spurs 08-13 you went away from what was working for you that got you 4 rings, cause of one shit season playoff series against the mavs smallball bullshit, you go get rid of our service centers for small ball crap in the next 5 years which clearly isnt working....holt decided to open his wallets, yet we continue to surround the big3 with shit and instead of addressing the problems, all they did was patch it up for the time being....

Fabbs
06-08-2012, 06:09 PM

Hows 5 years in a row of 50+ and another glitzy #1 leading to a playoff flameout matchup historically?

Goin for 6!

Fabbs
06-08-2012, 06:13 PM
I think the ref burn in this years playoff run takes some of the shine of Pops 5 year run.

Then again, playing Splitter 1 minute and the goofball lineup changes.
Naw, Pop gets to count this on the 5-going-for-6 streak!

Fabbs
04-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Preview today of Clash of the Titans.
Mike D'Anotoni standing in the way of Pop going for 6!

Could it, will it be a 1st Round matchup??
Will CIA Pop tank todays 81st reg season Laker-Spurs matchup in another brilliant display of headgamey strategy?
When will Pop unleash the red headed terror?

The better 6 year run battle nears a climax.

King
04-14-2013, 03:25 PM
prime admiral days were not wasted, he had alot of good games and was dealt with what he had, he cant help if he played through shit coaches and joke ass players...all of that you can blame for being a small market team and mismanagement...other then that he did have solid seasons..

now with the spurs 08-13 you went away from what was working for you that got you 4 rings, cause of one shit season playoff series against the mavs smallball bullshit, you go get rid of our service centers for small ball crap in the next 5 years which clearly isnt working....holt decided to open his wallets, yet we continue to surround the big3 with shit and instead of addressing the problems, all they did was patch it up for the time being....

I agree, they never should have gone away from having one of the top ten players in the history of the league in his prime. Whoever in the FO made the decision to let him get older really dropped the ball.