PDA

View Full Version : If the Heat wins another championship this season

ChrisRichards
12-27-2011, 09:15 PM
and Wade is awarded another Finals MVP. In your honest and unbias opinion, does this put Wade ahead of Kobe in terms of ranking of all time?

I understand that Kobe will end up with more career points and other accolades like All Star MVP's and useless NBA Defense selections but if you look deeper, Wade would have a better career PPG, FG%, RPG, BPG, APG, SPG, PeR and TS% (Both Regular and Post Season). Wade also owns one of the best NBA Finals performance in history. Kobe's best was 2008 when he was good (45% FG and PeR of 24.5)

I know the media would vote Kobe because he's much more Iconic because he's a Laker but basketball purists and/or people who knows basketball knows damn well that Wade is the second best SG after Jordan.

Do you agree?

DMC
12-27-2011, 09:17 PM
I agree you're a dumbass.

Killakobe81
12-27-2011, 09:20 PM
If the Heat win even with Wade being more "clutch" it will be more about Lebron than Wade just like it was more about Wade than shaq the first time around ...

Jelloisjigglin
12-27-2011, 09:20 PM

This.

Giuseppe
12-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Wade lollygagged after '06.

His regrets are his own.

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 09:26 PM
http://www.halfbaked.net/playoff_sig.png

:lmao

Baron Davιs
12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Roflcopter^

ChrisRichards
12-27-2011, 09:38 PM

Dmc, I know you can do better. If you disagree at the very least, explain why you disagree.

If the Heat win even with Wade being more "clutch" it will be more about Lebron than Wade just like it was more about Wade than shaq the first time around ...
I don't think Lebron will be the better player in the Finals this season. Perhaps next year, but I think Wade will carry Bosh and Bron one more season before finally passing the torch to Lebron.

My thing with Kobe's success is he always plays worst at the biggest stage.

His career Finals averages

24.7 PPG 5.2 RPG 5.0 APG 1.75 SPG 0.89 BPG 323-784 FG 41.1%

What's worst is Kobe has a career 4th Qtr FG average of 24% in the Finals. This just shows you how horrible of a closer Kobe is during his 7 trips to the Finals.

I have a problem with that. He won his first three by riding Shaq's coattails. The second two were supposedly his proof that he can win without Shaq, while partially true, Kobe relied on Pau Gasol in the Finals to bail him out again.

I know people are going by pure volume but I think Wade winning two Finals/ Final MVP awards while putting up an overall better performance in the Finals should catapult Wade ahead of Kobe in rankings.

I mean, if we're going by the amount of championships won as the only factor, then why is Bill Russell not considered the GOAT.

ChrisRichards
12-27-2011, 09:40 PM
http://www.halfbaked.net/playoff_sig.png

:lmao

Eh, So we're 1-1 in the Finals. The Heat can win a few more. Dallas window has closed. Enjoy Lamar Odom and Vince Carter.

Giuseppe
12-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Dmc, I know you can do better. If you disagree at the very least, explain why you disagree.

I don't think Lebron will be the better player in the Finals this season. Perhaps next year, but I think Wade will carry Bosh and Bron one more season before finally passing the torch to Lebron.

My thing with Kobe's success is he always plays worst at the biggest stage.

His career Finals averages

24.7 PPG 5.2 RPG 5.0 APG 1.75 SPG 0.89 BPG 323-784 FG 41.1%

What's worst is Kobe has a career 4th Qtr FG average of 24% in the Finals. This just shows you how horrible of a closer Kobe is during his 7 trips to the Finals.

I have a problem with that. He won his first three by riding Shaq's coattails. The second two were supposedly his proof that he can win without Shaq, while partially true, Kobe relied on Pau Gasol in the Finals to bail him out again.

I know people are going by pure volume but I think Wade winning two Finals/ Final MVP awards while putting up an overall better performance in the Finals should catapult Wade ahead of Kobe in rankings.

I mean, if we're going by the amount of championships won as the only factor, then why is Bill Russell not considered the GOAT.

Boiled down:::

Kobe: 5

Wa......the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

LnGrrrR
12-27-2011, 09:44 PM
lol fail thread

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Eh, So we're 1-1 in the Finals. The Heat can win a few more. Dallas window has closed. Enjoy Lamar Odom and Vince Carter.

8OiI1YqQdyc

Killakobe81
12-27-2011, 09:46 PM
CR you doth protest too much ...

Wade is a beast but he's not gonna surpass Kobe. By teaming up Wade gave up any shot at Kobe, Lebron any shot at MJ.

Lebron may surpass Kobe though ...

ChrisRichards
12-27-2011, 09:49 PM
CR you doth protest too much ...

Wade is a beast but he's not gonna surpass Kobe. By teaming up Wade gave up any shot at Kobe, Lebron any shot at MJ.

Lebron may surpass Kobe though ...

I see double standards. So Kobe can team up with Shaq but Wade is penalized by teaming up with another Superstar?

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 09:50 PM
I see double standards. So Kobe can team up with Shaq but Wade is penalized by teaming up with another Superstar?

Kobe was brought into that situation. Kobe didn't asskiss Shaq into signing with his team. Kobe was just fine going it without Shaq, but he wasn't going to turn down the help.

Meanwhile, Wade knew he could never recreate his 2006 magic and begged LeBron to come bail him out.

Killakobe81
12-27-2011, 09:54 PM

No I am not penalizing, just saying he wasnt gonna catch him regardless ...but Lebron taking the Leap and leading the heat to a title doesnt jump him over Kobe.

If the heat won the title Wade would of been Finals MVP last year but Lebron was the dominant player on that team. That is why they lost last year when James failed in the clutch. Heat won't win no matter what Wade does if Lebron disappears ...

Spur_Fanatic
12-27-2011, 09:55 PM
To asnwer OP, no. He'll need more rings than just 1 more. If he, let's say, wins 4 more, and a few of those by himself, he may surpass Kobe.

Killakobe81
12-27-2011, 09:58 PM
To asnwer OP, no. He'll need more rings than just 1 more. If he, let's say, wins 4 more, and a few of those by himself, he may surpass Kobe.

I would accept this as well ...I guess I spoke too absolute. But to original question ...no. But he could still surpas him I guess ...

And dont get me wrong I enjoy Wade's "game" more than Lebon's ... but Lebron has something Wade (and Kobe) doesnt ...GOD blessed him with some UNIQUE physical gifts and if he puts it all together he will be greater than both ...easily.

Giuseppe
12-27-2011, 10:03 PM
he may surpass Kobe.

Until then, I want him to go back and get his fuckin' shine box.

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 10:05 PM
btw Wade does some incredible stuff on the floor, but anybody with a fucking brain can see that Kobe is so much more skilled than Wade it's not even funny. Almost everything Wade does is based off his athleticism, while Kobe has learned not to rely on that. Wade is your classic dumb jock who just dominates cuz he's faster and stronger than everybody, while Kobe is generally the smartest guy on the court every time he plays.

jjktkk
12-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Do you agree?

No.

ChrisRichards
12-27-2011, 10:12 PM
btw Wade does some incredible stuff on the floor, but anybody with a brain can see that Kobe is so much more skilled than Wade it's not even funny. Almost everything Wade does is based off his athleticism, while Kobe has learned not to rely on that. Wade is your classic dumb jock who just dominates cuz he's faster and stronger than everybody, while Kobe is generally the smartest guy on the court every time he plays.
This post is so wrong on sooo many levels. A Mavs fan of all people should know how good Wade was in 2006.

I give the shooting to Kobe, but Wade is the better defender, playmaker, rebounder and more efficient scorer.

Lebron a dumb jock, perhaps, but Wade is easily right there in Jordan and Kobe's league when it comes to fundamentals.

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 10:17 PM
This post is so wrong on sooo many levels. A Mavs fan of all people should know how good Wade was in 2006.

I give the shooting to Kobe, but Wade is the better defender, playmaker, rebounder and more efficient scorer.

Lebron a dumb jock, perhaps, but Wade is easily right there in Jordan and Kobe's league when it comes to fundamentals.

:lmao What exactly is fundamental about throwing your body towards the rim and praying you get a whistle?

ChrisRichards
12-27-2011, 10:27 PM
I won't beat the dead horse Mono. Wade wouldve punished the Mavs just like he did Detroit in the ECF and there's nothing you guys can do to stop him. You guys couldn't stop him last year either, unfortunately Lebron checked out. Wade was just in the zone 2006. Its hard to blame Wade here. Riley saw the Mavs handicap and he took advantage of it. Blame the refs not Wade.

pass1st
12-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Hos FG% is higher because it doesn't count against you when you get a whistle.

monosylab1k
12-27-2011, 10:29 PM
I won't beat the dead horse Mono. Wade wouldve punished the Mavs just like he did Detroit in the ECF and there's nothing you guys can do to stop him. You guys couldn't stop him last year either, unfortunately Lebron checked out. Wade was just in the zone 2006. Its hard to blame Wade here. Riley saw the Mavs handicap and he took advantage of it. Blame the refs not Wade.

In other words, you admit 06 was a fluke and that Wade's success in the NBA is predicated on what the refs call, not on his own personal abilities.

Thanks.