PDA

View Full Version : girl with dragon tattoo.

TE
12-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Badass movie, has anyone else watched it?

Ronney Mara :hat

silverblk mystix
12-28-2011, 12:13 AM
the original one...yes...

the hollywood version....won't waste my time or money...

BlackSwordsMan
12-28-2011, 12:48 AM
4cc with incredible insight on a subject like always.

How is this different from the svedish versions anyone know? I would DL it but NBC sent me a letter saying they caught me dling some of their movies so I'd rather not push my luck.

Oscar DeLa
12-28-2011, 01:13 AM
I dont know what it is, but in the Svedish version the girl has sweeter tits, definitely jelqworthy

MannyIsGod
12-28-2011, 04:31 AM
Never sat down and watched the original version but the American version was good. I own the Swedish version (sister kept a red box version too long and ended up giving it to me) but I always forget and never watched it. I'll have to watch it and compare the two.

I don't know how much they changed the story in the original but they left out some really important aspects in the American version.

leemajors
12-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Never sat down and watched the original version but the American version was good. I own the Swedish version (sister kept a red box version too long and ended up giving it to me) but I always forget and never watched it. I'll have to watch it and compare the two.

I don't know how much they changed the story in the original but they left out some really important aspects in the American version.

If I remember correctly it was pretty faithful, but honestly the book stands out in my mind better than the movie so I couldn't say for sure.

Fabbs
12-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Nobody has seen both?

Me just the Sweedish.
It was good.
Manny you won't understand it. But i will help.

monosylab1k
12-28-2011, 10:12 AM

:lmao

what did I tell everyone the popular douchey opinion would be about this movie?

Fincher is only a director at the top of his game, maybe the best director in the world at the moment, but clearly his version of the movie will suck, right?

silverblk mystix
12-28-2011, 10:53 AM
:lmao

what did I tell everyone the popular douchey opinion would be about this movie?

Fincher is only a director at the top of his game, maybe the best director in the world at the moment, but clearly his version of the movie will suck, right?

He is so great that he feels the need to make a re-make of a Swedish movie....

amazing talent....:sleep

hater
12-28-2011, 10:57 AM
wait what are you guys talking about?

The new one with the James Bond guy is actually with the original actress, so how would that be a remake?

original one was bad ass, 2nd part was pretty good. I think this new one is the 3rd part, not a remake

Spurminator
12-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I think Fincher made it a better movie than it otherwise would have been. Mara was good too. But the story itself was pretty meh. I haven't read the books and probably won't.

B- overall.

hater
12-28-2011, 11:01 AM
oh shit nevermind, this one is a remake.

it's gonna suck compared to the originals. That swedish chick is what made the movie

silverblk mystix
12-28-2011, 11:58 AM
oh shit nevermind, this one is a remake.

it's gonna suck compared to the originals. That swedish chick is what made the movie

This.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Ya the few scenes i watched of the original, the skinny lesbo punk hacker chick was more believable than the previews of this one i see. Cuz i think the swedish chick is geuinely ugly...whereas they took a hot chick and tried to make her ugly for the american version.

Dark Gable
12-28-2011, 02:27 PM
I've already watched the foreign one and it was great.

IronMaxipad
12-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Any comparisons to the original one yet? I've only seen the sweedish version which was good. I didn't like the sequels though.

MannyIsGod
12-28-2011, 03:37 PM
lol so everyone who doesn't like it hasn't even seen it?

silverblk mystix
12-28-2011, 04:40 PM

ummm...yeah that about sums it up!

but the new one sucks...I tell ya' :lol

cheguevara
12-28-2011, 04:52 PM

hollywood remakes of international films always suck ass. why should this be any different?

here are a few:
- the vanishing remake - sucked
- femme nikita remake - sucked
- diabolique remake - sucked
- open your eyes(vanilla sky) remake - sucked
- nightwatch remake - sucked
- italian job remake - sucked
- wicker man remake - sucked dick
- rec(quarantine) remake - sucked donkey balls

and on and on and on :downspin:

BTW I heard hollywood gona make a remake of the movie Oldboy. Starring Wil Smith :lmao :lmao

leemajors
12-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Don't forget one of the worst of all - City of Angels, made from Wings of Desire. Not agreeing they suck universally, but this one was godawful.

Spurminator
12-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo isn't a remake of a movie. It's an American film based on a book, one which happened to have a movie made about it in another country already.

Fabbs
12-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Cuz i think the swedish chick is geuinely ugly....
ugly?
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/101014/noomi-rapace_240.jpg

Can't_Be_Faded

"hot chick"
http://www.elle.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/sandbox/new-school-head-of-the-class/rooney-mara/5797498-1-eng-US/Rooney-Mara.jpg
dunno about that comparison.

Panel?

SpursNextRomanEmpire
12-29-2011, 12:09 AM
I liked it, a lot. Fincher is great.

BlackSwordsMan
12-29-2011, 02:30 AM
what a fucked up lot of people
has no one seen both you assholes

MannyIsGod
12-29-2011, 03:34 AM
I'll watch the Swedish version on Netflix and report back.

Southwest Texas Fan
12-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Saw both films and they are both great. If I had to choose I would choose the the Swedish version but the new one is great as well.

BlackSwordsMan
12-30-2011, 01:36 AM
Saw both films and they are both great. If I had to choose I would choose the the Swedish version but the new one is great as well.

was it as a brutal when that one dude did that one thing to that one girl with that rope on the bed imo?

Fabbs
12-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Beautious report, thank you.
Now did you see Sweedish 1 2 and 3?
Or just 1?

leemajors
12-30-2011, 10:38 AM
I haven't seen the US one, but Daniel Craig isn't exactly who I had in mind when I read the book. The Swedish version casting of Blomkvist actually looked like a middle aged journalist imo.

vander
12-31-2011, 06:58 PM

neither, that book was meant to be a book, more than any other book I've ever read, those characters and places had be created in/by your own imagination. no actress can be Lisbeth Salander, no actor Mikael Blomkvist.

also, don't waste your time on books 2 and 3, they just get more absurd and cheapen the whole thing

AussieFanKurt
01-01-2012, 06:53 AM

Bender
01-01-2012, 11:54 AM
being a big fan of the book trilogy, I'm tempted to get the blu-ray extended editions swedish trilogy box set.

It's supposed to fill in a lot of holes from the original swedish films, have more characters from the books, etc.

I saw the american movie last week.