PDA

View Full Version : live forever at the expense of

The_Worlds_finest
12-28-2011, 08:53 AM
hell and heaven fairytales aside, would you want to live forever at the expense of toiling away at meaning less work?

Drachen
12-28-2011, 09:02 AM
how much of my time is taken up by meaningless work. What is tying me to that job? If I quit, do I die? (I am not trying to be sarcastic, I am trying to frame an answer)

The_Worlds_finest
12-28-2011, 09:06 AM
my friend no worries, lets say 8 hours, 6 days a week.

You of course will live from now and until us humans go extinct.

so you dont technically live forever, so lets say live as long as our species will make it.

Drachen
12-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Ok, so there is time to pursue meaningful work in my off time then. Plus If I work at a company for, say 1000 years, just imagine the vacation and sick time I would have built up. By then, I could probably take 10 years off paid, and go feed the starving Americans (by then things might have cycled).

DMC
12-28-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't want to live forever regardless what I am doing.

I want to know there's a finite amount of time so I can deal with the fucking idiots and know neither I nor they will be around forever.

I don't want to watch my own kid/s die before I do. If you're a parent you understand that, if you're not a parent it probably seems disingenuous.

I don't want to watch generations of people come and go, to lose everyone I love over and over.

No thanks.

And I am an atheist.

Pick of Destiny
12-28-2011, 04:04 PM
No, I'd rather just come back as someone else or a cow or goat.