lefty
12-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaamn

Spursnlego
12-29-2011, 12:29 AM
Yes sirrr!

G-Dawgg
12-29-2011, 04:16 AM
I like Dejuan on this team...its nice to see somebody scoring in the interior for us. He's been really effective in the paint and seems to find ways to score regardless of his lack of height..props to him.

chazley
12-29-2011, 04:48 AM
Fortunately I'm one of the few to see this before the season started.

pookenstein
12-29-2011, 05:34 AM
If we continue to play like this I'm pretty much OK with the roster. No big trades or aqcuisitions necessary. Except for a fifth big. MBenga or Ajinca anyone?

mystargtr34
12-29-2011, 06:38 AM
One thing thats surprised me has been JA's ball handling and passing.. i always thought of him more as a pure scorer.. but hes shown some nice playmaking skills. If he keeps playing like this Pop can afford to leave Manu in the SL and JA can have a bigger role as the main guy off the bench.. a lite version of James Harden.. or old Manu.

Danny.Zhu
12-29-2011, 08:21 AM
that's the same spirit here at the beginning of season 10-11 if i recall correctly

Imp23
12-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Our bench does look good but we still need to find someone else to take Bonners minutes. Tiago is really stepping up.

dbestpro
12-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Our number 5 big will show himself with the return of Neal. Neal will get more time at SG, Anderson more time at SF and Leonard more time at PF. This is how they will solve the 5th big issue.

TDMVPDPOY
12-29-2011, 10:38 AM
our bench depth wise is to stacked on the perimeter, i wish we had gotten some bigs from the pacers who are stacked and most of the time they are playin 4 guys on the court all above 6'8.....

rascal
12-29-2011, 10:53 AM
The spurs have a couple of really good young players in Blair, Leonard and Anderson.

cheguevara
12-29-2011, 10:54 AM
our bench depth wise is to stacked on the perimeter, i wish we had gotten some bigs from the pacers who are stacked and most of the time they are playin 4 guys on the court all above 6'8.....

agree. Unfortunately we might have to trade Neal for a bigman

lefty
12-29-2011, 10:56 AM
One thing thats surprised me has been JA's ball handling and passing.. i always thought of him more as a pure scorer.. but hes shown some nice playmaking skills. If he keeps playing like this Pop can afford to leave Manu in the SL and JA can have a bigger role as the main guy off the bench.. a lite version of James Harden.. or old Manu.
Same here

rascal
12-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Minn has Beasley, Derrick Williams and Love.
They have to make playing time for Williams so Beasley is the one to target.

They need more help at sg/sf and have enough bigs.

TDMVPDPOY
12-29-2011, 11:05 AM

wtf u want beasely he posts up meaningless stats....

TDMVPDPOY
12-29-2011, 11:07 AM
agree. Unfortunately we might have to trade Neal for a bigman

too think they let troy murphy and mcroberts walked...fkn lame...ive been watchin a few of their games...if they get it all together they be a very dangerous team with the mismatches, PAUL GEORGE that guy is a fkn gun after adding a 3pt range to his game....

if the spurs need length, how come they not looking at anthony magic randolf...

Mel_13
12-29-2011, 11:18 AM

Let's put aside the fact that Beasley is their starting SF, doesn't play defense, and rebounds like Bonner. Let's also put aside the fact that Minny has enough wing players on their roster.

Then let's assume that the Spurs would actually want Beasley, his microscopic BBIQ and his penchant for poor decision making in his personal life.

Ignore all that and just tell me one thing. What combination of Spur assets do you propose to trade for Beasley and his 6.3M contract? And don't play the "it's not my job to come up with such things" card. You proposed targeting Beasley. Now identify the assets you would part with to match that salary.

This should be good...

MaNu4Tres
12-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Let's put aside the fact that Beasley is their starting SF, doesn't play defense, and rebounds like Bonner. Let's also put aside the fact that Minny has enough wing players on their roster.

Then let's assume that the Spurs would actually want Beasley, his microscopic BBIQ and his penchant for poor decision making in his personal life.

Ignore all that and just tell me one thing. What combination of Spur assets do you propose to trade for Beasley and his 6.3M contract? And don't play the "it's not my job to come up with such things" card. You proposed targeting Beasley. Now identify the assets you would part with to match that salary.

This should be good...

Mornin' Mel

:wakeup

Quality post sir..:tu

xellos88330
12-29-2011, 12:50 PM
I am loving the activity from the bench. I hope it continues when Neal is healthy.

Spurtacus
12-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Bench looks great and Neal has yet to step on the court. FO knew what they were doing by shipping Hill off for Leonard. Backcourt is deep. I still believe we need to add another big.

Did the lockout change roster size? I noticed the Spurs only have 13 players on the roster. I thought 15 was max.

Fireball
12-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Bench looks great and Neal has yet to step on the court. FO knew what they were doing by shipping Hill off for Leonard. Backcourt is deep. I still believe we need to add another big.

Did the lockout change roster size? I noticed the Spurs only have 13 players on the roster. I thought 15 was max.

Yeah but the Spurs obviously want to save as much money as possible, so they did not even sign a fifth big like Lawal for the minimum ...

Proxy
12-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Like everyone has already stated: We need another big. Just one more tall guy... one more so that playing time for Bonner becomes an option instead of a necessity to rest the others. Of these first two games, runs are made on us while he's out on the floor (obviously). If he isn't going 4-4 beyond the arc, then he's useless as a defender.

I know, I know... just stating the obvious that we've all known for years. Glad to see Splitter shutting up the critics finally, and JA and Leonard giving us quality defense and no turnovers.

rascal
12-29-2011, 03:59 PM

This should be good...

Enough wing players?

They have at PF/C
Love, Beasley, Milicic, D. Williams,Pekovic,B. Miller,A Randolph

They are starting Beasley, Milicic and Love and trying to find minutes for Derrick Williams. They need to move one of their bigs for a wing player.
They also have 3 good pgs Ridnour, Rubio and Barea

DAF86
12-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Just say it rascal, you know you want to: "Beasley for M..."

Mel_13
12-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Enough wing players?

They have at PF/C
Love, Beasley, Milicic, D. Williams,Pekovic,B. Miller,A Randolph

They are starting Beasley, Milicic and Love and trying to find minutes for Derrick Williams. They need to move one of their bigs for a wing player.
They also have 3 good pgs Ridnour, Rubio and Barea

Typical failed rascal post.

I already said we could accept your faulty premises. The question remains:

Ignore all that and just tell me one thing. What combination of Spur assets do you propose to trade for Beasley and his 6.3M contract?

We're waiting...

rascal
12-29-2011, 04:14 PM

Not M but I would make a package for Derrick Williams that includes M if M were to be traded to Minn.

Mel_13
12-29-2011, 04:15 PM

:lol

That's the corner he's painted himself into, but he realizes that "Manu for Beasley" is just too stupid to actually propose.

Mel_13
12-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Not M but I would make a package for Derrick Williams that includes M if M were to be traded to Minn.

:lmao

rascal
12-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Typical failed rascal post.

I already said we could accept your faulty premises. The question remains:

Ignore all that and just tell me one thing. What combination of Spur assets do you propose to trade for Beasley and his 6.3M contract?

We're waiting...

You can wait all you want, because you will say failed post no matter what.

You failed in your post by saying Minn has enough wing players. I listed all Minn bigs and they are loaded on the frontline, not so at the wing positions so that would be the team to target in a trade.

DAF86
12-29-2011, 04:18 PM

Yeah, I have no doubt you would, considering that you used to want to trade Manu for expiring contracts and once we had an argument about who was better: RJ or Manu.

Mel_13
12-29-2011, 04:21 PM
You can wait all you want, because you will say failed post no matter what.

You failed in your post by saying Minn has enough wing players. I listed all Minn bigs and they are loaded on the frontline, not so at the wing position so that would be the team to target in a trade.

Beasley is their starting SF. You can list him with their bigs all you like, it won't change the position he plays. If Williams is a PF, then Beasley isn't in his way.

All of which is just noise anyway. You realize that there is no reasonable package for Beasley that actually improves the Spurs, but you won't say it. That's ok because everyone that's read this thread realizes how ridiculous your take is.

rascal
12-29-2011, 04:22 PM

I don't see what is so funny.
Not saying Minn would want to trade Derrick Williams as you are assuming but if M was traded there Williams would have to come back to SA.

Mel_13
12-29-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't see what is so funny.
Not saying Minn would want to trade Derrick Williams as you are assuming but if M was traded there Williams would have to come back to SA.

Moving goalposts.
Changing topic.
Typical rascal.

Just answer the question that your post raised:

What combination of Spur assets do you propose to trade for Beasley and his 6.3M contract?

rascal
12-29-2011, 04:25 PM

Beasley is their starting SF. You can list him with their bigs all you like, it won't change the position he plays. If Williams is a PF, then Beasley isn't in his way.

All of which is just noise anyway. You realize that there is no reasonable package for Beasley that actually improves the Spurs, but you won't say it. That's ok because everyone that's read this thread realizes how ridiculous your take is.

Beasley is not a sf.
Like I said they are starting 3 frontline type of players because they don't have a typical starting option at sf.

rascal
12-29-2011, 04:30 PM

Moving goalposts.
Changing topic.
Typical rascal.

Just answer the question that your post raised:

What combination of Spur assets do you propose to trade for Beasley and his 6.3M contract?

Rubio and Jefferson would be a nice open court tandem. Jefferson could thrive with a passing open court pg like Rubio.

Min is a good trade target since their roster is loaded with bigs.

Mel_13
12-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Beasley is not a sf.
Like I said they are starting 3 frontline type of players because they don't have a typical starting option at sf.

He is their starting SF. They do have other options, including the #4 pick in the 2010 draft. As well as Martell Webster once he's healthy.

Again, all irrelevant to the question at hand:

bbarry
12-29-2011, 04:32 PM
staaaaaaacked

Mel_13
12-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Rubio and Jefferson would be a nice open court tandem. Jefferson could thrive with a passing open court pg like Rubio.

Min is a good trade target since their roster is loaded with bigs.

Please, even you aren't that devoid of common sense to think that Minnesota would take on RJ's contract.

If that's the best you can do, just quit while you're not too far behind.

NASpurs
01-05-2012, 01:03 AM
I'm feeling good about the bench and the young prospects this year. The starters are the guys who have me worried though.

Sean Cagney
01-05-2012, 01:20 AM
I'm feeling good about the bench and the young prospects this year. The starters are the guys who have me worried though.

Yes SAD BUT TRUE!

Splits
01-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Danny Green needs a haiku:

I will be
The next Bruce Bowen
I won't shoot

Manufan909
01-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Danny Green needs a haiku:

I will be
The next Bruce Bowen
I won't shoot

Wasn't he 3-4 though? If he's aggressive in looking for the ball, and isn't abysmal from the field (ie: JA) or a black hole I'm fine with him taking more shots. The Spurs have their most fearless, as well as greatest shooter back in Neal, but with Manu out there will be shots for Green. Hope he can stay in the rotation when Manu is back, but Pop will have a hard time finding PT for 6 guys. Once the Spurs are fully healthy, I hope Ford averages less minutes than both Green and Anderson... Unless James never returns to last seasons form.:(

If all the guards deserve minutes, than Pop might have to "gasp" play small ball more by switching Leonard to 4 a bit so Anderson can get a good chunk of minutes backing up RJ. In a perfect world, Leonard will affect Bonner's PT the most, but we all know Blair and Splitter will be affected as well. I'm not satisfied with them playing 24 and 22 min respectively, so I'll be pissed if they both hover around 21 min. Both are making it obvious they deserve around 25+ min a night, so I hope Pop reduces Bonner's time even further (and as long as the Red Rocket doesn't starting shooting 45% or better from range again, that'll definitely happen).

TJastal
01-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Wasn't he 3-4 though? If he's aggressive in looking for the ball, and isn't abysmal from the field (ie: JA) or a black hole I'm fine with him taking more shots. The Spurs have their most fearless, as well as greatest shooter back in Neal, but with Manu out there will be shots for Green. Hope he can stay in the rotation when Manu is back, but Pop will have a hard time finding PT for 6 guys. Once the Spurs are fully healthy, I hope Ford averages less minutes than both Green and Anderson... Unless James never returns to last seasons form.:(

Seems to me Ford isn't going to lose any minutes to anybody, first off because he's the only true backup point guard on the roster besides Joseph. And secondly he's playing at a high level atm.

It will be one of Anderson or Green who will be the odd man out. And judging by last night's performance, Green may have just won himself Anderson's spot in the rotation.

If Green continues to play like he did the other night, Anderson will be riding pine the rest of the season.

8FOR!3
01-05-2012, 11:56 AM
With the schedule the way it is this year, I'm sure there's plenty of playing time to go around for Green AND Anderson.

venitian navigator
01-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Please, even you aren't that devoid of common sense to think that Minnesota would take on RJ's contract.

If that's the best you can do, just quit while you're not too far behind.

I also doubt that Minnesota could be intereted in RJ contract and I highly doubt that Beasley will ever be in SA till Pop is coaching...
That said, it's a point that RJ is, till now, one of the players in out team playing very good...and that this could be the best moment to trade him (if we are confident he's that today he already reached the top for the season).

However, a package of Baesley + Pekovic for him could interest Minny for some reasons.
The first one is that next season they should pay Beasley...and probably Beasley is not the player you'd like to invest a lot of money, when you already have a player that's his copy in a rookie contract.
Second is that Pekovic, one of the player paid the most from Minny, simply is not playing at all...just because of the abundance of bigs that Minny have and prefer to play before him ('mostly 'cause, imho, they are a better fit with the kind of up tempo game they're playing).
Third, RJ is a healty veteran known for being a more than decent person...and his style of play is just what the doctor ordered for mr. Rubio.

For S.A. the benefit could be :
1) a real weapon (also if difficult to manage) at the power forward that could higly benefit from a good environment with the right veterans;
2) a more than decent big , very good at rebounding, that just need minutes to show he can play at good level and at a decent price;
3) the chance to get rid of RJ contract now that some young gun (Green, Leonard, Anderson) need and deserve minutes for emerging in the same role .

TJastal
01-05-2012, 12:09 PM
With the schedule the way it is this year, I'm sure there's plenty of playing time to go around for Green AND Anderson.

Sure, if you want KL to have virtually no minutes, then you can have both play equally. And you gotta figure this was Neal's first game back, only playing 16 minutes. He's gonna be playing 25-30 in another few weeks so that will be even less minutes to go around.

Once Pop figures out what he wants, one of JA or DG will be getting the majority of the minutes, most likely in the starting lineup. And the other is going to find himself playing about as much as Hairston used to play.

Seventyniner
01-05-2012, 12:19 PM
I'll hold out a tiny hope for RJ + JA for Varejao + Sessions (or maybe Parker). This would reduce the Cavs' future salary obligations because Varejao is only owed $1.5M less than RJ over the length of their contracts, and gives the Cavs a nice young backcourt piece for the future. It obviously fills a huge need for the Spurs too, while reducing the logjam at the wing. Ginobili/Neal/Leonard/Green is good enough at the 2/3 spots, especially if it means getting Varejao.

DaBears
01-05-2012, 12:59 PM
I believe that the only chance the SPURS have to survive without batman(manu) is to push and run the ball every time down the court.. Without someone to break down the offense and make plays for others spurs will struggle in half court sets, because SPURS dont have a play maker or a knock down shooter other than NEAL..

jgome21
01-05-2012, 01:01 PM
The Spurs have always had a solid bench. The biggest issue are our bigs. DeJuans been playing great, but he needs to keep that up the entire season. I hate it when we settle for too many threes, so Blair needs to keep giving us those points in the paint. We just need another big to defend the rim besides TD and Splitter. Too bad we dont have Ian anymore.

DaBears
01-05-2012, 01:01 PM
I love that fact that RJ is shooting lights out... Last year he started out blazing as well but he wasn't shooting like this...

TJastal
01-05-2012, 01:03 PM
The Spurs have always had a solid bench. The biggest issue are our bigs. DeJuans been playing great, but he needs to keep that up the entire season. I hate it when we settle for too many threes, so Blair needs to keep giving us those points in the paint. We just need another big to defend the rim besides TD and Splitter. Too bad we dont have Ian anymore.

If only Bonner could take a page from "The Custodian" Brian Cardinal he might start becoming more useful.

DaBears
01-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Agreed we need to establish a game down low, but with undersized BIGS & over the hill PF (Duncan) whom is my favorite spur, is no longer able to score at will.. He showed that last night and in previous game, where he couldn't get past his defender on a baseline spin, or on his slow trot across the middle of the paint to try to through up and forced jump hook.. His game should strickly be for rebounding and shooting from the top of the key.. Those areas are his greatest strengths at this point in his career..

lefty
01-13-2012, 11:34 PM
ElNono (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054)
FTL

Team: San Antonio Spurs
SpursTalk Cash: $7800

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif Det bench
With the exception of "The Gary Neal PG Experiment" and Ginger, I thought they've been playing great... even better than the starters for stretches...

It's been happening for a few games now too... feels good to have a bench you're not afraid to go to... will it last?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/post_new.gif Today, 11:02 PM #2 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5574498&postcount=2) Brazil (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466)
Veteran

SpursTalk Cash: $2250

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: Det bench
it is working well at home, the big issue is on the road...

---

You may just have to shut up and accept the fact the boring old Spurs are better than you.

[/URL]

[URL="http://www.sport24.com/evenements/diaporamas/best-of-sexy-2011/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders#grid_4"] (http://www.sport24.com/evenements/diaporamas/best-of-sexy-2011/arizona-cardinals-cheerleaders#grid_4)

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/post_new.gif Today, 11:02 PM #3 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5574501&postcount=3) slick'81 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17261)
OH YOU LIKE IT!!!

SpursTalk Cash: $6000

big3-green,tiago, neal

THANKS-JIMO

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/post_new.gif Today, 11:03 PM #4 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5574509&postcount=4) silverblk mystix (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18982)
Believe.

SpursTalk Cash: $2000

Originally Posted by slick'81 http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5574501#post5574501)
big3-green,tiago, neal

green, tiago & leonard...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/post_new.gif Today, 11:07 PM #5 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5574525&postcount=5) Amuseddaysleeper (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=309)
Realistic Spurs Fan

SpursTalk Cash: $250

Originally Posted by Brazil http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5574498#post5574498)

Now GTFI!!

Today, 11:08 PM #6 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5574533&postcount=6) timtonymanu (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13654)
Bruuuuuuuuuuuucee!

SpursTalk Cash: $1400

Originally Posted by Brazil http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5574498#post5574498)

This. Until we start seeing this on the road, the team isn't going far. But it's nice to see anyway.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/post_new.gif Today, 11:20 PM #7 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5574577&postcount=7) angelbelow (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12813)
Here it comes.

SpursTalk Cash: $2000

Originally Posted by ElNono http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5574491#post5574491)
It's been happening for a few games now too... feels good to have a bench you're not afraid to go to... will it last?

No reason not to believe it will last.

If James Anderson could at least heat up and start hitting his shots at an acceptable rate, we'd be even deeper.

Manu Ginobili:

* Italian League Championship: 2001
* Italian Cup: 2001, 2002
* Euroleague Championship: 2001
* Americas Championship: 2001
* Indianapolis WC - Silver Medal: 2002
* NBA Championship: 2003, 2005, 2007
* Summer Olympic Games gold medal: 2004
* Summer Olympic Games bronze medal: 2008

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/post_new.gif Today, 11:29 PM #8 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5574623&postcount=8) manufan10 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15876)
Veteran

SpursTalk Cash: $2066

Originally Posted by angelbelow http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5574577#post5574577)
No reason not to believe it will last.

If James Anderson could at least heat up and start hitting his shots at an acceptable rate, we'd be even deeper.

It seems every time JA drives to the basket he turns the ball over. I don't understand what happened to him. He showed a lot of promise last year, and this year he's regressed so much.

ducks
01-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Daaaaaaaaaaamn

have to with manu being out

have to believe he will always be out atleast 20 -40 games a season

lefty
01-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Fuck yeah ....

lefty
01-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Bump

Loving this bench

Robz4000
01-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Signed. We can go far with these guys.

spurtech09
01-29-2012, 09:44 PM
neal,james anderson,and splitter played awesome

Sean Cagney
01-29-2012, 09:59 PM
It will take some time but hopefully we get it put together this year and make a little run with these younger guys. I like our bench alot. I hate some of the rotations though so I expect POP to mess with the lineups again.