PDA

View Full Version : Baseline Bums

Nathan89
12-29-2011, 01:42 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFLX0ksSS0byVDHy0BIhKt2QIEO7IDh aMs3_bWjz4NqYwJmVuJNA

I sat in the Baseline Bums section tonight and they were great. The were both good people and good fans. For one, they are a loud bunch of fans throughout the entire game. Secondly, they seemed knowledgeable about the players. D. Green got called for a foul and one of the ladies said "oh, it's on Danny". Knowing all the players names impressed me. They were rooting till the very end. I wish all the fans in the stadium were like them. We would have the best and loudest fans in professional sports. I guess some of their greatness comes from sitting next to the same people consistently.

Bum Traditions:

1. Don't sit till the Spurs Score.
2. Stand for the last two minutes of the half.
3. High-fives whenever the Spurs hit a three-pointer.

In the pregame I saw Kawhi practicing his corner 3. Either I didn't notice him shooting or I caught him late but he hit 1-5 while I was watching. Splitter was practicing with Sean Marks during the pregame. At first he was doing some layups using the reverse layups using the rim as protection(what he often does in games). After that he practiced his right handed hook shot. He was hitting most of them but as does everybody in practice. Nonetheless it was nice to see him working on it and making them.

My favorite play of the night-

Tiago stole the ball and passed it off to someone. He ran the fast break for a layup.

Another nice defensive performance from the Spurs. At the end of the game I was hoping to keep the Clippers under 90pts. A lot better than the 100+ I was accustomed to last year. I hope they can keep this defense up because I love it.

:flag: