PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Stats Spurs vr Rockets

YODA
12-30-2011, 12:13 AM
I was busy with a radio show, so I missed most of the game, but by looking at the stats, these are things that were the most interesting.

2 asst-# of assists TP had this game playing one more min then he played in last nights game versus Clippers, where he had 9 assts. Cut off the head of the snake and see what happens to rest of team.

8 rebounds- the number of offensive rebounds Blair had tonight, which helped the Spurs team take over 8 mores total shot then Houston. Nice stat, but what good does 8 extra shots do for a team that shoots 37.6% and 11.8% from 3 pt range.

1 basket Number of shots Tim made in entire game, while missing 7 other shots. Didnt even play the second half. Only playing 26 min last night, should have been fresh tonight, but in 15 min, he looked DEAD.

7 freethrows- the number of Extra freethrows the Spurs took over the Rockets. Almost half of the freethrows were taken by Bair. Manu and RG only shot 1 FT. TD was 2/2 and TP was 0/1. If none of these players are driving when were not shooting well, it will be a long season. We need our gaurds and fowards to be driving alot more when our team is not shooting well.

9 assists- The number of team assists the houston Rockets had MORE then the SPurs. 21 to 12 in favor of Houston.

I wasnt able to see thiis game closely, but the stats look like alot of the team took the night off with a half ass attempt at playing.

DMC
12-30-2011, 01:40 AM
I was busy with a radio show, so I missed most of the game, but by looking at the stats, these are things that were the most interesting.

2 asst-# of assists TP had this game playing one more min then he played in last nights game versus Clippers, where he had 9 assts. Cut off the head of the snake and see what happens to rest of team.

Hard to get assists when people aren't hitting shots. You cannot blame that on the passer, at least not always.

8 rebounds- the number of offensive rebounds Blair had tonight, which helped the Spurs team take over 8 mores total shot then Houston. Nice stat, but what good does 8 extra shots do for a team that shoots 37.6% and 11.8% from 3 pt range.

It does great. You cannot have your cake on assists and eat it too on missed shots.

Offensive boards are always good.

1 basket Number of shots Tim made in entire game, while missing 7 other shots. Didnt even play the second half. Only playing 26 min last night, should have been fresh tonight, but in 15 min, he looked DEAD.

Ergo the assist totals. A lot of that was that he just stands around after he gets the ball and, while in the past he would eventually up fake and go glass, he seems to not know what he wants to do now.

7 freethrows- the number of Extra freethrows the Spurs took over the Rockets. Almost half of the freethrows were taken by Bair. Manu and RG only shot 1 FT. TD was 2/2 and TP was 0/1. If none of these players are driving when were not shooting well, it will be a long season. We need our gaurds and fowards to be driving alot more when our team is not shooting well.

Manu drove several times. He didn't get fouled, or it wasn't called. Lack of FTs doesn't always mean no one is driving to the rim.

Blair took the FTs because he was in the game all the time and he was the focal point most of the night as no one else wanted the rock.

9 assists- The number of team assists the houston Rockets had MORE then the SPurs. 21 to 12 in favor of Houston.

Shooting percentage answers all of that. No need to look elsewhere. It's a formula, very simple: pass + made shot = assist.

I wasnt able to see thiis game closely, but the stats look like alot of the team took the night off with a half ass attempt at playing.
That conclusion is partly true, but they mostly had shitty shooting. Defense wasn't that bad actually, Houston was on fire from outside and you want them taking those long range shots. That same shit got LA in trouble when they started clanking them.

It happens.