PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a legit midseason trade that will lead to Championship

Fabbs
12-30-2011, 10:26 AM
VGM was commenting on another thread

Rox traded for Drexler midseason. Guess that means the Mavs would have to trade for Kobe midseason to ring again.

While Kome isn't as good as Drexler, he could definitely put some juice in the Mavs depleted system. That's just one idea.

However on this thread, for the purposes of ruling out scams aka Laker trades, lets just stick to legit trades. Who might switch teams before the trade deadline and propel their new team to the title?

Girasuck
12-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Al Jefferson

DMC
12-30-2011, 11:23 AM
I don't think so, unless it's D12 to LA. Nothing else would really tilt the scales away from the powers that be.

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 11:36 AM
I don't think so, unless it's D12 to LA. Nothing else would really tilt the scales away from the powers that be.

I think the Lakers could man the paint with what we got..we got a legit Big 3....B&WB - Bynum and the White Boys is what we'll call them...we don't need Dwight now :lol

VBM
12-30-2011, 11:47 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0b/Mo_Williams.jpg/220px-Mo_Williams.jpg

DMC
12-30-2011, 12:17 PM
I think the Lakers could man the paint with what we got..we got a legit Big 3....B&WB - Bynum and the White Boys is what we'll call them...we don't need Dwight now :lol
Bookmarked

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Bookmarked

doesn't mean I wouldn't trade straight up for D12 though...Bynum for D12 straight up is the only way I pull the trigger...

stretch
12-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Honestly, the Lakers really don't need Dwight. He really won't provide much more than they already have with the duo of Bynum and Gasol.

The Lakers lack depth and role players. Getting a superstar while giving away a star player, picks, and a role player or two will only hurt them. They need to try to find a way to get some good role players in there, because losing the ultimate role player (Odom) is what has hurt them the most.

InRareForm
12-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Dwight to LA is 10% chance at title. Current Lakers roster ~10-20% chance

jacobdrj
12-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Dallas would have to do something drastic: A trade for some kind of legit presence inside... Dalembert should have gone to Dallas... Don't get that one...

I think, maybe, if some contender can pry DeMarcus Cousins away from the Kings, maybe Boston or Orlando, that could spell trouble for the opposition... Not likely though...

TBH, the Pacers look like a VERY good team. They have a LOT of balance. I don't know yet what they NEED but they sure look solid...

JamStone
12-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Lakers would be better off going after a PG than Dwight. It's interesting that the Lakers signed Josh McRoberts because that's the guy the Memphis Grizzlies wanted in exchange for O.J. Mayo last year. He's actually played pretty well for the Lakers, but would the Lakers ship him (whenever they are allowed to trade him) to the Grizzlies for Mayo to upgrade their PG position? Seems like Mayo has fallen completely out of favor in Memphis. He's no pure PG but he can handle the ball, defend, and shoot. I'd like the Lakers chances more with a PG upgrade than flipping Bynum for D12.

jacobdrj
01-02-2012, 09:48 AM
I think, maybe, if some contender can pry DeMarcus Cousins away from the Kings, maybe Boston or Orlando, that could spell trouble for the opposition... Not likely though...

I guess I hit the nail on the head with this one after all...