PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan 1997-2012 - He Made His Time Count

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 10:59 AM
No question about it now... Kobe over Duncan in hindsight...to have this view doesn't mean you're disloyal Spur fan...it means you're a realist.

Listen...Kobe came into the league before Duncan and is still competing at an exceptionally high level with these young cats out there...this is no small feat especially considering he's playing the hardest position on the floor which is the 2 guard position...

At this time I want to say some encouraging words to Spur fan and I mean it...

"The beginning is always kind of scary, then ending sad but the middle is what count and what you should make stick."

and Duncan did that..he made the middle count...He won four titles playing alongside all-star ( Bible Thumber) David Robinson; he played with the Latin American version of Kobe Bryant in Manu, and he played with another all-star and finals MVP in Tony Parker, and he played with one of the greatest defensive players the NBA has ever seen in Bruce Bowen...

He's had great talent and multiple all-stars with him along the way it should be noted...but he made his time count...

Tim Duncan 1997-2012

DMC
12-30-2011, 11:21 AM
"The beginning is always kind of scary, then ending sad but the middle is what count and what you should make stick."

That's exactly what I was whispering in your ear while I was penetrating your balloon knot.

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 11:31 AM

That's exactly what I was whispering in your ear while I was penetrating your balloon knot.

very immature DMC...that's not you at all

Killakobe81
12-30-2011, 12:06 PM
No question about it now... Kobe over Duncan in hindsight...to have this view doesn't mean you're disloyal Spur fan...it means you're a realist.

Listen...Kobe came into the league before Duncan and is still competing at an exceptionally high level with these young cats out there...this is no small feat especially considering he's playing the hardest position on the floor which is the 2 guard position...

and Duncan did that..he made the middle count...He won four titles playing alongside all-star ( Bible Thumber) David Robinson; he played with the Latin American version of Kobe Bryant in Manu, and he played with another all-star and finals MVP in Tony Parker, and he played with one of the greatest defensive players the NBA has ever seen in Bruce Bowen...

He's had great talent and multiple all-stars with him along the way it should be noted...but he made his time count...

Tim Duncan 1997-2012

Great point. Nothing but respect for Manu. He is the latin or poor man's Kobe Bryant. Yes Manu is bit more pass first and was never the athlete Kobe was ...but he had sneaky hops and quicks and every bit the competitor Kobe was. His only knocks were injury and a tendency to commit wild turnovers. Kobe's biggest kocks are ego and shot selection.

As for Tim, again nothing but respect. He won anytime (before 2008) that prime Shaq Kobe, Wade or wasn't ready he took full advantage and won a His consistency, high skill-set and mastery of basketball fundamentals is something any basketball purist should admire. In fact he along with McHale should put together a DVD on post-play because they proved you do not need Hakeem type athleticism to master the low block.

Last note I still believe duncan has few vintage playoff games left. Last couple years I thought he had a geat playoff "run" left ... but now I dont he could sustain that over multiple series. But would not be shocked if duncan pulls out a couple 20 and 15 games this playoffs.

Not quite ready to bury him just yet ...

but The Kobe debate is crazy. I eneded that 2 seasons ago. Dont see how you can look at the last 4 seasons and STILL say Ducnan should have a higher place in NBA history. I thought it was close but duncan was ahead in 2007. Now Kobe is ahead not by a HUGE margin, but clearly ahead IMHO.

tlongII
12-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Kobe is probably one of the best second banana's that has ever played the game. :tu

DMC
12-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Kobe is probably one of the best second banana's that has ever played the game. :tu
Don't say banana, you could send him over the edge.

Killakobe81

Hey t-Long, nice start in Portland :toast
.... I will enjoy your posts until the Blazers lose in the first round ...again :lol

DPG21920
Killa you are in the extreme minority that would rank Kobe higher all-time.

DMC
12-30-2011, 12:15 PM
As far as impact to the team and franchise, there are few in NBA history who come close to Tim Duncan.

Killakobe81
12-30-2011, 12:17 PM

On this forum, sure.
Trust me most legit rankings (Player polls, GM's, national publications) that have Duncan higher were taken at least 2 seasons ago. I can find plenty that have Kobe higher just like you can find plenty that have Tim. Part of what I am saying is based on where they "end up" ...

But hey I won't bash Duncan here to uplift Kobe. Just take comfort there is a place that you visit regular that does MOSTLY agree with you.
Which makes sense since this is a Spurs site ...:lol

Killakobe81
12-30-2011, 12:18 PM

Really? EXTREME minority?!:rollin

Fpoonsie
12-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Lulz. Stealing BR's shtick, and doing it worse.

That's like making an even shittier version of Pepsi Clear.

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 12:29 PM

Duncan put in his work...just not enough to topple Kobe's body

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 12:31 PM
As far as impact to the team and franchise, there are few in NBA history who come close to Tim Duncan.

Keep the market and city in perspective DMC...remember Kobe was a 2nd option in LA during the first 2 titles and Duncan was the first in SA...Kobe was more effective as 2nd option than Duncan as 1st in their respective markets...

KobeOwnsDuncan
12-30-2011, 12:40 PM

Few are more overrated.

Killakobe81
12-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Franchise impact I agree. Duncan changed a losing franchise and led them to 4 titles ... Kobe went to a glamour franchise that has won BEFORE Kobe and will probably win AFTER as well ...

I think this is why ....I won't say Duncan is overrated ...but his ranking is slightly inflated ... he putthe Spurs on championship map.

timvp
12-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Bra it's still 2011, I wouldn't assume he makes it to 2012 quite yet.

21_Blessings
12-30-2011, 12:57 PM
More like 1997-2008

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Bra it's still 2011, I wouldn't assume he makes it to 2012 quite yet.

I agree and I know all to well the pitfalls of putting the carriage before the horse but he'll finish it out..I think he should get his money even though he isn't worth it at this point...the reason why...now don't get mad at me TIMVP...but the reason why is that just as the Spurs tanked to get him they're having to deal with his tanking to go out...it's rather comical to me...:lmao

Mark in Austin
12-30-2011, 01:02 PM
he played with the Latin American version of Kobe Bryant in Manu,

Actually the more accurate comparison would be Wade.

ElNono
12-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Who are you trying to convince? Yourself?

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Actually the more accurate comparison would be Wade.

perhaps since Wade is a beta version of Kobe..or Kobe lite as I like to say...:lol

DeadlyDynasty
12-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Tim's just along for the paycheck now, he really has nothing left to offer them on the court...he's earned that right though after bringing 4 rings to a previously irrelevant franchise.

DMC
12-30-2011, 01:42 PM
A small market player is never going to get the accolades a big market guy does, simply because of the overall success of the team that's based on factors in which the smaller market is at a huge disadvantage (the least not being media coverage btw).

Kobe in SA in 1997, they probably don't get a ring at all tbh. No good players would want to come play just because they have a decent shooting guard.

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 01:43 PM
I'snt he averaging like 5 and 3 now...whoa it may be better to bench him...it's like sending a clown back out after the circus has officially ended and fans are exiting...

DMC
12-30-2011, 01:44 PM
I'snt he averaging like 5 and 3 now...whoa it may be better to bench him...it's like sending a clown back out after the circus has officially ended and fans are exiting...
Nah, he's just living up to his agreement, his contract, unlike some others.

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 01:45 PM
A small market player is never going to get the accolades a big market guy does, simply because of the overall success of the team that's based on factors in which the smaller market is at a huge disadvantage (the least not being media coverage btw).

Kobe in SA in 1997, they probably don't get a ring at all tbh. No good players would want to come play just because they have a decent shooting guard.

Uhh Yeah no shit Sherlock...not even the Spurs got a ring in 97 with Duncan...it was Kobe's 2nd year and was still almost a rookie...

DMC
12-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Uhh Yeah no shit Sherlock...not even the Spurs got a ring in 97 with Duncan...it was Kobe's 2nd year and was still almost a rookie...
No waterhead, if Kobe went to the Spurs instead of LA, Spurs don't ring. Shaq would not have come to SA and Robinson and Kobe wouldn't have meshed well enough to get it done.

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 01:48 PM
No waterhead, if Kobe went to the Spurs instead of LA, Spurs don't ring. Shaq would not have come to SA and Robinson and Kobe wouldn't have meshed well enough to get it done.

come to think of it...the crystal ball says you're right :lmao

DMC
12-30-2011, 01:49 PM
come to think of it...the crystal ball says you're right :lmao
Crystal ball is for the future, not hypothetical situations, waterhead.

I hope you're not as stupid in real life as you portray yourself to be here.

pass1st
12-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Fair-weather fan coming back after two straight wins and rival getting shit on.

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Crystal ball is for the future, not hypothetical situations, waterhead.

I hope you're not as stupid in real life as you portray yourself to be here.

the crystal ball is for past, present, and future hypotheticals...that's why it's a crystal ball

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Fair-weather fan coming back after two straight wins and rival getting shit on.

god bless you

DMC
12-30-2011, 01:56 PM
the crystal ball is for past, present, and future hypotheticals...that's why it's a crystal ball
No waterhead, it's made of crystal. Nice tautology though. (waterhead runs off to look up tautology)

pass1st
12-30-2011, 02:01 PM
god bless you

The lord turned his back on you the moment of your conception

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 02:03 PM
No waterhead, it's made of crystal. Nice tautology though. (waterhead runs off to look up tautology)

no sir...the crystal ball says you're right :lol

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 02:04 PM

Tim Duncan 1997-2012

Lol. No it's not. Never has been.

pass1st
12-30-2011, 02:07 PM
C always the hardest. They banging bodies all game and heal much slower from their bruises.

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 02:12 PM
C always the hardest. They banging bodies all game and heal much slower from their bruises.

:tu

1. Center
2. Point Guard (could be 1b depending on the team's system)
3. Power Forward
4. Shooting Guard
5. Small Forward

DMC
12-30-2011, 02:15 PM
Debating Kevin's BB takes is like debating nuclear physics with, well... Kevin.

pass1st
12-30-2011, 02:16 PM
a LEGIT 2 guard, one that creates shots, is pretty hard tho

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 02:19 PM
:tu

1. Center
2. Point Guard (could be 1b depending on the team's system)
3. Power Forward
4. Shooting Guard
5. Small Forward

not according to Hakeem I will take his word over yours any day here's paer of the interview..full link at bottom....ohh and fyi pass1st :lol

MT: If you look at the Top 10 all-time scorers, Kobe and Jordan are the only guards other than Oscar Robertson, who’s now 10th. Kobe used the word “feisty” to describe how the “little guys” got in there.

Olajuwon: Well, the two guard is the toughest position, the most athletic position. The average two would be a superstar at the four or five position with the skill set. So, for someone to dominate at the most difficult, the hardest position, it’s just something else. Both what set Kobe and Michael apart was that they were too big for most 2’s, and too mobile for most 3’s, so they have the advantage over most everybody. Very, very seldom do you find a player that matches up with them. If they’re as tall, they don’t have the same athletic ability or skills. Of course, it’s not just about having those physical advantages.

The confidence and desire about their ability that they have, you can’t teach. It’s just a gift. That combination together? That’s a true leader that leads their team over and over to a championship. Individual accomplishments? Kobe is not worried about that, he just wants the championships. He’s a big picture guy. He’s playing to win, and when you play to win, everything else will follow. He’s scoring because he sees the opportunity to score.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/110129kobehakeem.html

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 02:30 PM
not according to Hakeem I will take his word over yours any day here's paer of the interview..full link at bottom....ohh and fyi pass1st :lol

MT: If you look at the Top 10 all-time scorers, Kobe and Jordan are the only guards other than Oscar Robertson, who’s now 10th. Kobe used the word “feisty” to describe how the “little guys” got in there.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/110129kobehakeem.html

One man's opinion does not equal fact. NBA players say hyperbolic shit all the time. The general consensus among basketball experts and fans has usually been the point guard position (although I personally consider Center to be a little tougher given the abuse they take in the post).

5 toughest positions to play in pro-sports

Which positions are the hardest to play in professional sports? Let's take a deeper look.

Here are the 5 toughest positions to play in the big four sports of hockey, basketball, football, and baseball in my estimation.

5. Point guard (NBA)-
Playing point guard in the NBA where every player is an amazing athlete is kind of like playing quarterback in the NFL at warp speed. The main difference is that the point guard doesn't have quite as much of an effect on the game as the NFL quarterback does and thus has less pressure on his shoulders. He also doesn't take as many hits with the same severity that an NFL quarterback does.

But that doesn't mean this position isn't extremely tough in its own right. The point guard has to make sure he keeps the other 4 players on the floor involved or else their games will suffer and they will lose confidence. Point guards have to be jet-quick but at the same time they have to be big enough so that the larger ones like Chauncey Billups and Baron Davis don't post them up all game. It's a tough way to make a living, that's for sure.

4. Shortstop (MLB)-
Typically, the best fielder on the team plays shortstop in MLB and for good reason: most of the balls are hit his way. The shortstop has to constantly be on top of the action and can't relax. A screaming line drive could hit him in the face at any time if he's not ready to react with lightning-fast reflexes.

Other difficulties include having to avoid being taken out by hard slides at second base and the pressure of having to produce big-time on the offensive end as well.

The shortstop gets a slight nod over the starting pitcher because he has to play every day.

3. Catcher (MLB)-
The catcher takes a lot of abuse under a 162-game season that many people don't realize. If someone hits a foul ball backwards it usually will glance off the catcher. Over time these hits add up to major bumps and bruises.

He also has to stay crouched in a squatting position throughout the entire game which is hard on the knees and back, and he has to be ready to leap up and make tough throws down to 2nd base at the drop of a hat.

2. Goalie (NHL)-
These guys have it rough in the NHL because of all the pressure that's placed on them. They are the last line of defense and the guy who can win or lose a game all on his own.
Goalies are well-padded but that doesn't mean they don't take their own fair share of hits both by players and the puck. The reflexes required for this position are off-the-charts and life is never easy for an NHL goalie, especially in the playoffs when one slip-up can equal a series defeat.

1. Quarterback (NFL)-
Sure, quarterbacks don't take the abuse that many other NFL players do on a consistent basis, but their job is by far the hardest on the field when you take all aspects of the position into account.

The quarterback has to process an incredible amount of information in a very short amount of time with the rush closing in on him each play. The penalty for a mistake is either a chorus of boos and shouts for the backup quarterback or perhaps worse, like getting flatted by a 245-pound linebacker running at full speed.

This is the big-money, high-stakes position; the most high-profile position sports to be exact, and the pressure that comes with that combined with the difficulties of the position are what makes NFL quarterback the toughest position in sports.

Read more: http://www.bukisa.com/articles/216543_ranking-the-5-toughest-positions-to-play-in-pro-sports#ixzz1i30fyd6F

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 02:34 PM
One man's opinion does not equal fact. NBA players say hyperbolic shit all the time. The general consensus among basketball experts and fans has usually been the point guard position (although I personally consider Center to be a little tougher given the abuse they take in the post).

judging by your standards a pretty silly response by you..I'm shocked that you'd have the audacity to compare the words and lack of personal expertise by some blogger to that of the NBA's all-time leading shot blocker and top 8 scorer..shame on you :lol

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Hakeem hit the nail on the head and he banged with the best of them...Banged way more against way more physical players than Duncan ever saw...and yet he still said 2-guard..listen to the experts midge and not some online groupies that you need to help prove a losing arguement

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Hakeem hit the nail on the head and he banged with the best of them...Banged way more against way more physical players than Duncan ever saw...and yet he still said 2-guard..listen to the experts midge and not some online groupies that you need to help prove a losing arguement

Learn how to take "NBA Expert" opinion with a grain of salt and come up with your ideas.

The NBA Logo Himself, Mr. Jerry West, Says LeBron Is A Better Player Than Kobe

http://www.faniq.com/article/LeBron-Is-A-Better-Player-Than-Kobe-Says-Jerry-West-1601234

Listen to the "experts."

(Although I agree with West when he said that.)

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 02:41 PM
judging by your standards a pretty silly response by you..I'm shocked that you'd have the audacity to compare the words and lack of personal expertise by some blogger to that of the NBA's all-time leading shot blocker and top 8 scorer..shame on you :lol

I consider the argument, not the source. And Hakeem is the only "NBA expert" I know of to declare the SG the toughest position to play. Almost every other expert will usually say PG or C.

But keep doing your confirmation bias thing, chimp :tu

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 02:43 PM

let me try to explain Hakeem's take...

the PG doesn't have to athletic or tough just a good facilitator...the 2 guard has to be athletic, tough, skilled, and a good facilitator...able to defend the point, 2 guard and small forward position if needed...you will rarely see a point asked to defend a 2...because out of the gate their smaller and can easily be taken to the post...

The center doesn't have to do anything special except establish post and call for the ball...he faces double teams but only in the context of the low post box he's in...the 2 guard faces double and triple teams all over the court and has to work his way out of it or pass..the center's double's are far less complex and only require a quick kick-out to an open shooter...

Hakeem is right...the 2 guard is the NBA's ultimate position...that's why Lebron tries so hard at it...:rollin

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 02:46 PM
More from the experts:

Tex Winter, now 84 and the veteran of more than a half century of coaching, has serious misgivings about what the league has done.

Winter acknowledges the outgrowth of the new rules interpretation is the rise of the super dominant offensive player, led by Wade’s performance in the NBA Finals and Bryant’s string of 40-, 50, even 60-point games during the regular season.

“It’s brought all these 40-point scorers,” Winter said. “They can’t score 40 points unless they get 15-20 free throws.”

And that’s exactly what they were getting on their big nights.

“They should be protected, but not that much,” Winter said of the current generation of talented offensive players. “I don’t think that just touching a player should be a foul.”

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/articles/defense_lazenby.htm#ixzz1i35tSy1Y

lol basically saying Bryant's prolific scoring output was the result of favorable rule changes implemented to boost perimeter scoring.

And he's right. Any scoring records achieved by a perimeter player after the rule changes should have an asterisk near them.

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Learn how to take "NBA Expert" opinion with a grain of salt and come up with your ideas.

The NBA Logo Himself, Mr. Jerry West, Says LeBron Is A Better Player Than Kobe

http://www.faniq.com/article/LeBron-Is-A-Better-Player-Than-Kobe-Says-Jerry-West-1601234

Listen to the "experts."

(Although I agree with West when he said that.)

focus focus focus on the topic at hand...:lol

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 02:48 PM
focus focus focus on the topic at hand...:lol

The fact that expert opinion is fallible has everything to do with the topic at hand.

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 02:50 PM
More from the experts:

Tex Winter, now 84 and the veteran of more than a half century of coaching, has serious misgivings about what the league has done.

Winter acknowledges the outgrowth of the new rules interpretation is the rise of the super dominant offensive player, led by Wade’s performance in the NBA Finals and Bryant’s string of 40-, 50, even 60-point games during the regular season.

“It’s brought all these 40-point scorers,” Winter said. “They can’t score 40 points unless they get 15-20 free throws.”

And that’s exactly what they were getting on their big nights.

“They should be protected, but not that much,” Winter said of the current generation of talented offensive players. “I don’t think that just touching a player should be a foul.”

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/articles/defense_lazenby.htm#ixzz1i35tSy1Y

lol basically saying Bryant's prolific scoring output was the result of favorable rule changes implemented to boost perimeter scoring.

And he's right. Any scoring records achieved by a perimeter after the rule changes should have an asterisk near them.

Spin won't help either :lol....you're relying on everyone else's opinion except your own...trying to hard midge...

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 02:51 PM

the PG doesn't have to athletic or tough just a good facilitator...the 2 guard has to be athletic, tough, skilled, and a good facilitator...able to defend the point, 2 guard and small forward position if needed...you will rarely see a point asked to defend a 2...because out of the gate their smaller and can easily be taken to the post...

The center doesn't have to do anything special except establish post and call for the ball...he faces double teams but only in the context of the low post box he's in...the 2 guard faces double and triple teams all over the court and has to work his way out of it or pass..the center's double's are far less complex and only require a quick kick-out to an open shooter...

Hakeem is right...the 2 guard is the NBA's ultimate position...that's why Lebron tries so hard at it...:rollin

You're fuckin' retarded. Lebron plays the game more like a hybrid point guard/forward (similar to Magic) than a shooting guard. He's doesn't "need to try hard at it" considering he has the best SG in the league by his side.

Go fuckin' choke on a banana and stop trying to talk ball.

Koolaid_Man
The fact that expert opinion is fallible has everything to do with the topic at hand.

hmm..let's see...Hakeem or Midge...who will you side with...:lmao

Giuseppe
Any scoring records achieved by a perimeter player after the rule changes should have an asterisk near them.

Only pussies & assholes lodge asterisks.

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Spin won't help either :lol....you're relying on everyone else's opinion except your own...trying to hard midge...

Exactly what you're doing by invoking Hakeem's opinion.

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 02:52 PM

How 'bout them Browns!

Giuseppe
12-30-2011, 02:53 PM
How 'bout them Browns!

:rolleyes

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 02:55 PM
hmm..let's see...Hakeem or Midge...who will you side with...:lmao

(Since we all know you think Kobe is still better than Lebron) Kool or West, who will you side with...:lmao

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 02:56 PM
You're fuckin' retarded. Lebron plays the game more like a hybrid point guard/forward (similar to Magic) than a shooting guard. He's doesn't "need to try hard at it" considering he has the best SG in the league by his side.

Go fuckin' choke on a banana and stop trying to talk ball.

spin and anger won't help you either...you're now face to face with a Chimp and he has you in a tailspin :lol

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 02:58 PM
(Since we all know you think Kobe is still better than Lebron) Kool or West, who will you side with...:lmao

side with West...the argument for me is no longer who's better but about getting to 6...A prime Kobe shits all over a prime Lebron and well if you dont beleive me ask Timmy...

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 02:59 PM
spin and anger won't help you either...you're now face to face with a Chimp and he has you in a tailspin :lol

What spin? You made a false statement (that Lebron tries to be a shooting guard) and I called out your immense retardation.

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 03:02 PM
What spin? You made a false statement (that Lebron tries to be a shooting guard) and I called out your immense retardation.

because he does...he tries to be that in Cleveland and now in Miami you''re probably one of a few with blinders on that won't acknowledge the obvious...and I might add...it's the very reason he has no low post game...as small forward he should have one..but he doesn't in fact he went to Hakeem for help this past summer on his low post game...:lol

face it I know way more than you about this game...you're just an angry, average, middle of the road white guy...with the fat belly btw...:lol

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 03:03 PM
side with West...the argument for me is no longer who's better but about getting to 6...A prime Kobe shits all over a prime Lebron and well if you dont beleive me ask Timmy...

Not really.

Ask Timmy what? About Kobe's prime? He'll just respond "I was the better player."

There really isn’t any diplomatic way to this: Tim Duncan’s playoff performances essentially run circles over Kobe Bryant’s. Indeed, the Big Fundamental has five postseason performances that surpass Kobe Bryant’s best playoff run (2001-02, 2005-06, 2002-03, 2006-07, 2008-09) and also several other notable playoff performances. It’s not by accident that fans and people in the media shower Duncan with praise and peg him as the best power forward of all time; he has had an exceptional career.

Top Finals Performances of All Time:

Name Team Year PPG RPG APG FG% PER
Dwyane Wade Mia 2006 34.7 7.8 3.8 46.8 33.8
Tim Duncan SA 2003 24.2 17.0 5.3 49.5 32.0
Michael Jordan Chi 1991 31.2 6.6 11.4 55.8 31.5
Shaquille O'Neal LAL 2002 36.3 12.3 3.8 59.5 31.4
Shaquille O'Neal LAL 2000 38.0 16.7 2.3 61.1 31.1
Michael Jordan Chi 1998 33.5 4.0 2.3 42.7 30.8
Tim Duncan SA 1999 27.4 14.0 2.4 53.7 30.7
Dwyane Wade Mia 2011 26.5 7.0 5.2 54.6 30.2
Michael Jordan Chi 1997 32.3 7.0 6.0 45.6 29.5
Shaquille O'Neal LAL 2001 33.0 15.8 4.8 57.3 29.4

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Not really.

Ask Timmy what? About Kobe's prime? He'll just respond "I was the better player."

There really isn’t any diplomatic way to this: Tim Duncan’s playoff performances essentially run circles over Kobe Bryant’s. Indeed, the Big Fundamental has five postseason performances that surpass Kobe Bryant’s best playoff run (2001-02, 2005-06, 2002-03, 2006-07, 2008-09) and also several other notable playoff performances. It’s not by accident that fans and people in the media shower Duncan with praise and peg him as the best power forward of all time; he has had an exceptional career.

Top Finals Performances of All Time:

Name Team Year PPG RPG APG FG% PER
Dwyane Wade Mia 2006 34.7 7.8 3.8 46.8 33.8
Tim Duncan SA 2003 24.2 17.0 5.3 49.5 32.0
Michael Jordan Chi 1991 31.2 6.6 11.4 55.8 31.5
Shaquille O'Neal LAL 2002 36.3 12.3 3.8 59.5 31.4
Shaquille O'Neal LAL 2000 38.0 16.7 2.3 61.1 31.1
Michael Jordan Chi 1998 33.5 4.0 2.3 42.7 30.8
Tim Duncan SA 1999 27.4 14.0 2.4 53.7 30.7
Dwyane Wade Mia 2011 26.5 7.0 5.2 54.6 30.2
Michael Jordan Chi 1997 32.3 7.0 6.0 45.6 29.5
Shaquille O'Neal LAL 2001 33.0 15.8 4.8 57.3 29.4

more spin...I'm surprised this is usually not like you...fact remains Hakeem hit the nail on the head...if you can find me at least one other NBA player / expert that says another position is the hardest then I will call what they call in Blackjack... A Push :lol

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 03:13 PM
because he does...he tries to be that in Cleveland and now in Miami you''re probably one of a few with blinders on that won't acknowledge the obvious...and I might add...it's the very reason he has no low post game...as small forward he should have one..but he doesn't in fact he went to Hakeem for help this past summer on his low post game...:lol

face it I know way more than you about this game...you're just an angry, average, middle of the road white guy...with the fat belly btw...:lol

Since when is it requisite for a small forward (or even a power forward) to have a post game?

PFs and SFs with weak or no post games:

Chris Bosh: Weak post game
KG: Weak post game
Dirk: Weak post game
Blake Griffin: Weak post game
Amare: Weak post game
Dr. J: Weak post game
Grant Hill: No post game
Tracy McGrady: No post game
Shawn Marion: No post game
'Nique: No post game

Granted, it's a valuable skill to have, but not a must.

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 03:14 PM
correction...find me one on Hakeem's level that matters...I just find it precarious that all these players are flocking to Hakeem for advice on the low post game and yet his opinion is nothing but hyperbolic shit...you are a fine piece of work my friend...lol

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Since when is it requisite for a small forward (or even a power forward) to have a post game?

PFs and SFs with weak or no post games:

Chris Bosh: Weak post game
KG: Weak post game
Dirk: Weak post game
Blake Griffin: Weak post game
Amare: Weak post game
Dr. J: Weak post game
Grant Hill: No post game
Tracy McGrady: No post game
Shawn Marion: No post game
'Nique: No post game

Granted, it's a valuable skill to have, but not a must.

umm since the beginning of time :lol...

that's why of the aforementioned players there's only 2 or 3 titles between them...and Marion just got his off a fluke...:lol

pass1st
12-30-2011, 03:23 PM

Centers are always getting banged up and it takes longer for them to recover. A 2 guard might be the most skilled next to a non-scoring PG, but there is a reason why there are almost no good centers left in the NBA: not many people can take the abuse.

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 03:24 PM
correction...find me one on Hakeem's level that matters...I just find it precarious that all these players are flocking to Hakeem for advice on the low post game and yet his opinion is nothing but hyperbolic shit...you are a fine piece of work my friend...lol

Since when does having a specific skill make somebody an all-around expert?

Isiah Thomas: Great ballhandler, great distributor, could say he had a high on-court basketball I.Q., but was a total dumbass as a coach, scout, and GM. Just because Hakeem has a great post game doesn't mean he's an authority on basketball.

I disagree with him (as do most in the basketball world).

Dunc n Dave
12-30-2011, 03:44 PM
How does Hakeem's great post game make him an expert on the shooting guard position? He never played a second at shooting guard.

That's like getting QB tips from a left tackle. He could be all ALL WORLD left tackle, but that doesn't mean he has an expert opinion on QB skills.

midnightpulp
12-30-2011, 03:44 PM
How does Hakeem's great post game make him an expert on the shooting guard position? He never played a second at shooting guard.

That's like getting QB tips from a left tackle. He could be all ALL WORLD left tackle, but that doesn't mean he has an expert opinion on QB skills.

/thread

Koolaid_Man
12-30-2011, 06:17 PM

easy..it makes him an expert on the Center / PF position...and since he played with crappy guards PG's his whole career he's knows they're not worth shit...:lol

Sean Cagney
12-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Few are more overrated.

If you saw Tim when he was on top of his game you would not say he is overrated one bit :king:king. Kids will little hating ass kids though.

Your GOD Kobe or whoever played against Tim would tell you the same, book it.

ohmwrecker
12-30-2011, 09:11 PM

Which one is Phil Jackson?

Giuseppe
12-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Which one is Phil Jackson?

He's the asshole.