PDA

View Full Version : So are you all off the wagon?

SilverPlayer
06-17-2005, 05:05 AM
Jeesus I've never imagined Spurs fans to be this manic about a game. I know it means so much to everyone, but hello try to be a little rational about this. The Spurs were no more dominated in the last two games than they dominated in the first two on their court. The Series is tied 2-2, the pivotal game 5 is a crucial win but its still not a must win. I think we have a hell of a chance to win this no matter what the score is when we get back to SA. Hands down when the Spurs play their game they are unstoppable. Right now the pressure is on, but not everything depended upon the last two games.

A true spurs fan in my mind right now, would be thinking about the fact that the Pistons still have to go through us on our court. They held serve. But they haven't won anything yet. They proved they could play. They proved they are a formidable opponent. But they haven't taken anything from us. They have to do it on our court. The Spurs earned that with their two victories, and if that hasn't shown you that they deserve to be here, you're out of your mind.

Spurs in 6. It goes through San Antonio.

ginobme
06-17-2005, 05:39 AM
I still have faith...but if they call the next game as they called last night, i dont know if the spurs are physcial enough to win, or at least they haven't showed it this series.

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 06:06 AM
I still have faith...but if they call the next game as they called last night, i dont know if the spurs are physcial enough to win, or at least they haven't showed it this series.

Careful blaming the refs. Everyone said how much the Pistons were crybabies for complaining about the refereeing job. It would be tremendously ironic if that was the voice coming out of the Spurs camp.

And good job to the original poster. Good luck trying to keep this messageboard in perspective for the next three days.

Slo spurs fan
06-17-2005, 06:47 AM
I donīt give a shit if they lose this championship. They are still the best, most humble and down to earth players for me.

Spurs forever!

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
06-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Not off the wagon at all. Pissed, frustrated, hell yeah, but the championship still runs THROUGH San Antonio and the SBC Center, and the Pistons ain't proven they can win there.

Nor is Game 5 a fait'd'compli. If the Spurs reach down and show some heart, they can beat these guys in the Palace.

Win or lose Sunday, the Spurs can still get it done.

BELIEVE.

ginobme
06-17-2005, 07:29 AM
Careful blaming the refs. Everyone said how much the Pistons were crybabies for complaining about the refereeing job. It would be tremendously ironic if that was the voice coming out of the Spurs camp.

And good job to the original poster. Good luck trying to keep this messageboard in perspective for the next three days.

I wasnt trying to blame the refs, they're just allowing more contact than they did in san antonio, hence, a more physical game. The spurs havent started crying about the refs, no need for the fans to start. And the spurs will have trouble playing a physical team as proven last night, and the two losses in seattle.

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 07:35 AM
But did anyone notice the total lack of fair calls the Spurs were getting last night...I mean if your gonna let people hack on each other that's one thing...but to let one team get away with some real physical play...and totally not extend the curtousy to the other is well....just f*cked up...to better explain my point...can anyone find a picture of Tim getting raked by Ben and another of Nazr tapping McDice on the elbow from like 4 feet away...I mean what the sh!t...

ginobme
06-17-2005, 07:38 AM
They were able to hack because duncan is holding the ball to long and his moves seem really slow. He needs to catch make one move and shoot like he did in the first few seconds of the game.

bigzak25
06-17-2005, 07:44 AM
spurs didn't wake up til the 3rd qtr, and by that time? all they could do was trade baskets...Props to the Pistons for dropping the hammer.

there was a lid on the Spurs side, how many shots were halfway down and popped back out? and when ben is hitting fadeaways on the other end? that about does it.

One more to go in motown. Lets hope the pistons relax a bit. I'll take homecourt.

ginobme
06-17-2005, 07:46 AM
yeah ben was shooting a little out of his range last night and hitting nuthin but but net. A few shots did pop out for us but it was just that kind of game..detroit played a great game bottom line.

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 08:10 AM
not me...been on the wagon since '74....ain't jumpin' off now!

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 08:12 AM
not me...been on the wagon since '74....ain't jumpin' off now!

Damn, you're old. You got me beat. :elephant

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 08:13 AM
well, I was 4 when I went to my first game.

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 08:15 AM
well, I was 4 when I went to my first game.

I became a Piston fan in 1987, and after Larry Bird stole that inbound pass, it's a wonder I stayed. 1987 may make me seem like a beginnings of a bandwagon, but I was 10. About right for me.

We're getting old, man.

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 08:16 AM
my first game was a Spurs-Pacers ABA playoff game.....needless to say, I learned some new words that day! :)

GrandeDavid
06-17-2005, 08:16 AM
If I could withstand years of Houston Astros, Houston Oilers (and now Houston Texans) letdowns, I think I can stand an ass drubbing in the NBA Finals by the Spurs. At least they are there! And the series is 2-2, I'm sure the Spurs are aware of that fact.

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 08:18 AM
^^^^very true.

If Dave can survive the Oilers meltdown to Buffalo, he can take this! :)

GrandeDavid
06-17-2005, 08:22 AM
^:lol

Mike, the Spurs can definitely come back from this, but they need to treat Game 5 as almost a fist fight. The Spurs must start whacking the Pistons hard. Laying them on the floor. Win or lose, they need to show some Spur pride. And some fans need to stop jumping wagon. Btw, where's WaltonBuysMeOff?

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 08:24 AM
agreed. Detroit has done a great job of taking this series away from the Spurs. San Antonio needs to take it back.

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 08:34 AM
If I could withstand years of Houston Astros, Houston Oilers (and now Houston Texans) letdowns, I think I can stand an ass drubbing in the NBA Finals by the Spurs. At least they are there! And the series is 2-2, I'm sure the Spurs are aware of that fact.

Completely understood. I'm a Detroit Tigers and Lions fan.

angel_luv
06-17-2005, 08:38 AM
"But we are not those who shrink back and are destroyed , but those who believe and are saved." (Heb. 10:39)

Pure Gospel, baby!

This series is ours! Go Spurs Go! See you at the parade!

Ishta
06-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Last night was ugly...no other adjective can describe it better than that....BUT, this team that has gone through a lot this year will remember who they are dig down and pull out a victory on Sunday..No doubt about it..
SPURS IN 6
GO SPURS GO

Hook Dem
06-17-2005, 08:45 AM
I became a Piston fan in 1987, and after Larry Bird stole that inbound pass, it's a wonder I stayed. 1987 may make me seem like a beginnings of a bandwagon, but I was 10. About right for me.

We're getting old, man.
Old???? :lol :lol :lol Been a Spurs fan since '74. Seen a lot of shit but I ain't never seen an ass whoopin like last night!!!! That sucks.....but I just keep on being a fan cause I have pride. By the way, I was 34 years old in '74. This series has become a war now and Custer took a real blow last night. If I remember correctly, Custer was avenged in the end! :lol

blaze89
06-17-2005, 08:50 AM
If Dave can survive the Oilers meltdown to Buffalo, he can take this! :)

The city of Houston didn't survive the Oilers 92 and 93 meltdowns.

TMSKILZ
06-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Not off the wagon, but DET simply made an adjustment taken out of the Fakerz series last yr, after we whooped them in the 1st two games, the Fakerz made it a point to gaurd the pick-n-roll hard & crowd the paint & force us to beat them with our shooting, which we couldn't nail & started chucking up tons of 3's.

Samething happening now with this series. We're making more shots, but it's like the min with miss one, DET gets the REB & race down the other side for a easy score & what seems like a foul call for a 3 pt play.

Our transition DEF is nonexistant, & manu has been taken out of this series so far & TD is struggling for every pt. Add to that the DET bench really providing a spark for them.