PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Piston Fans

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 06:02 AM
Now's the time to show your worth.

This is the San Antonio Spurs messageboard. If you have been on here the entire time, bask in your glory. Talk the talk, walk the walk.

But please, remember.. we TIED the series. We're not up, we're not down. We're even. Keep it in perspective. It's now a 3 game series, and two of them are in the arena where we got spanked not once, but twice. This series is FAR from over, and FAR from us having the upper hand. Don't bite off more than you can chew.

And if you're Piston fan that has less than 10 posts on this board, we know why you're here. Please don't do it. Do not turn this into your own "HA! WE OWNED YOU!" page. These are good people. And this is a good team we're playing. Not only do I not want you to JINX us, there's been enough trash talk after game 3 to embarass Charles Barkley.

If you want to say "I told you so", do it. But don't forget, there's THREE GAMES LEFT, and NOTHING IS OVER.

Be proud of your team for coming back with advertisity. But don't forget, the Spurs aren't exactly the Lakers. If the boys in blue decide to rest on their laurels, that's all they're going to have.

Oh.. and one small request from the Spurs fans that rubbed it in my face that it was going to be "Spurs In Five". It would be a good time for you to admit that you have a worthy opponent on your hands. You know who you are.

Pistons < Spurs
06-17-2005, 06:43 AM
Nothing to celebrate yet. This series has only just begun. These next few games should be good ones.

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 07:04 AM
It's going to be an interesting day on these boards, though. I just hope people keep it in perspective, but it's already obvious that this isn't going to happen, on both sides.

fraga
06-17-2005, 07:18 AM
Well, you should be glad...your guys beat us like we stole something...

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Well, you should be glad...your guys beat us like we stole something...

Don't get me wrong, I'm doing cartwheels in the street. But it's a CONTROLLED cartwheel. You don't get a trophy for tying a series at two. We may have the momenteum, but you had it after game 2. What changed?

Just the location.

Even if we win game 5 in Detroit, we have to close in San Antonio. If we take this series, and this year into consideration, we haven't done that yet. I'm not going to be one of these fans that talk all the smack. I'll celebrate the wins, and analyze the losses.

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-17-2005, 07:38 AM
I did a private happy dance last night. It was the first game out of the series I've been able to watch, so I have refrained from commenting on the other games as I could not speak intelligently. I've been labled a bandwagoner for this, but oh, well.
Nothing but nothing was going SA's way last night. We've all been there and know just how bad that sucks. All Detroit has done is showed up (finally!) and tied the series. I want to see these teams play when they've both brought their A game.

HULKAROCK
06-17-2005, 08:08 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm doing cartwheels in the street. But it's a CONTROLLED cartwheel. You don't get a trophy for tying a series at two. We may have the momenteum, but you had it after game 2. What changed?

Just the location.

Even if we win game 5 in Detroit, we have to close in San Antonio. If we take this series, and this year into consideration, we haven't done that yet. I'm not going to be one of these fans that talk all the smack. I'll celebrate the wins, and analyze the losses.

We won gm 7 in Miami.. I would say that was a big close this year. Different team, I know but still winning in S/A has been done. Last night was the Spurs worst defeat. That's saying something.

violentkitten
06-17-2005, 09:07 AM
piston fan acts like they won something. you guys staved off going down 3-1. congrats.

desflood
06-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Face it vk, they beat the crap out of us :lol Much more basketball left, though. I'd like to see both teams play well at the same time. So far, it's been a simple beating in every game. How 'bout some competition, dammit!

PistonFreak
06-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Any Detroit Pistons fan that has watched this team for the last 4 years and really understands it, knows one thing.......NO WAY, NOOOOO WAYYYYY in hell will the Pistons EVER walk out of the Palace on Sunday, the last game of the year at the Palace, and leave those fans at a loss. It just won't happen. If anyone has seen this team give everythng they have the last two games to avoid going down 3-0 or 3-1 has to understand what is going to happen on Sunday.

smeagol
06-17-2005, 09:41 AM
How stupid some Spurs fans that were buying brooms after game 2 must feel.

Props to the starter of this thread and the other level-headed DET fans.

VK or MB or whoever you are, you are still an idiot.

Pistonfreak, don't get overconfident. Your team is not unbeatable.

bdubya
06-17-2005, 09:54 AM
I'm not going to talk much of anything until the Pistons win one in the SBC center.

Okay, I might talk about 4 turnovers and 102 pts. against the league's "best" ;) defense.... SWEET!

JamStone
06-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Bask in what???? It's 2-2.

I would rather celebrate after the Pistons win 4 games in this series. I don't want to celebrate after just avoiding getting swept or getting beat in 5 games.

Definitely happy about the win, but far from celebrating or "basking in glory." And, I hope the Pistons players feel the same way. No time to let up now. GAME 5 is a MUST WIN for both teams.

violentkitten
06-17-2005, 10:07 AM
game 5 is a must win for detroit. actually, detroit needs another game as well in detroit to win this series.

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-17-2005, 10:09 AM
game 5 is a must win for detroit. actually, detroit needs another game as well in detroit to win this series.

Will you be hacking up that furball anytime soon, or do we have to ride out the next three games?

ALVAREZ6
06-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Game 5 is a must win for both teams.

I will guarantee you that the winner of game 5 goes on and wins the finals.

Do you actually think the Spurs could win two striaght after being killed in 3 consecutive games???

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Yes ^

violentkitten
06-17-2005, 10:13 AM
smeagol, you're still a bitch.

fuck yes the spurs will take any game that's played in san antonio. if you motherfuckers dont believe that get out of my sight.

Jimcs50
06-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Congrats to the champs for coming off the ropes again.

This Heavy weight fight looks like it might go 15 rounds.

I hope Game 5 is a nail biter, like the Phoenix series.

combs84
06-17-2005, 10:37 AM
There is no reason to get excited because we tied the series 2-2, what to be excited about is the way they did it.

Like I told you guys when we were down 2-0, this team plays their best when their backs are against the wall. However, this is a championship team as well, and if they go back to SA up 3-2 and smell blood and another trophy, I wish you the best of luck.

Saying that, its far from over, things go from night to day in the basketball world from game to game. I am just pissed I have to wait until Sunday Night to see another game.

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 10:38 AM
smeagol, you're still a bitch.

fuck yes the spurs will take any game that's played in san antonio. if you motherfuckers dont believe that get out of my sight.

Posts like this make me laugh. It's good to see both teams have fans like this. Even the CEO's of the world need garbagemen.

violentkitten
06-17-2005, 10:40 AM
yeah, teams needs fans such as yourself who will troll around the internets.

combs84
06-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Has it been discussed to ban ViolentKitten before or no?

violentkitten
06-17-2005, 10:44 AM
piston fan cant stand the truth so he wants me banned.

you little :baby you cant stand it when you are correctly labelled as a bandwagoner.

DarkReign
06-17-2005, 10:46 AM
My first post because I never found this forum. I have read alot of what peeps have posted and am amazed at the courtesy and respect BOTH sides have shown.

You Spurs fans probably dont understand what happens to our forums when the Pistons play Indiana. Its ugly... (maybe you guys do understand...one word....Lakers)

Hey, you guys know what? This series is TIED. Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Pistons were atrocious in Games 1&2. Game 1, Spurs werent exactly playing their A-game either, but yet the Pistons were only 5 down going into the 4th. Then the Spurs pulled away in the 4th. Game 2 was a display of domination from beginning to end. They held home court just as a championship team should.

Spurs were atrocious in Games 3&4. Game 3, Pistons werent exactly playing their A-game either, and it showed in that the Spurs were up by 1 at half. Then the Pistons pulled away in the 4th. Game 4 was a display of domination from beginning to end. They are holding homecourt just as a championship team should.

Thats it. Thats this series in a micro-chasm. See the trend?

Brent Barry had 15 points in game 3. Cant count on that everyday.

Lindsey Hunter had 17 points in game 4. Cant count on that everyday either.

I could list, and list, and LIST all the parallels of this series until everyone is sick.

Bottom line....the series is tied....I would say that the pressure is still very much on the Pistons to win game 5....I would also say the winner of game 5 wins the series (big friggin stretch there, eh? lol).

If the Spurs win Sunday, hey, youre the better team. You still have to beat us once in your building which I think would be inevitable.

If the Pistons win on Sunday, then I think this is over in 6. The beating the Pistons took in SA doesnt really compare (in my opinion) to the beating that SA is taking at the Palace.

Last night was....marvelous/atrocious (depending on PoV). The look on the faces of the SA players was a look I would never want to see on my teams face. This is still a series, but SA is really looking for answers.

OK....now to my homer-ism.

For all the parallels I stated earlier, these teams are very, very different in one fundamental way.

Something the Spurs-fans might not know about the Pistons. They are completely unpredictable. They play their absolute best when their (cliche' coming) "backs are against the wall". They always have. They trailed in both the Indiana series and the Miami series. Talk about injuries all you want. 3 straight trips to the Eastern Conference Finals. 2 straight trips to the NBA Finals. 1 championship. Unpredictable maybe...but consistent in a very comfounding way.

The Spurs are a championship team that just flat-out beats teams they are supposed to. They play their best from a position of power. They are always favored and they always win when they are favored. See the trend? SA has never lost in the 1st round since TD was drafted. 4 trips to the Western Conference Finals. 3 NBA Finals. 2 championships in 7 years. Very impressive. Very consistent in a predictable way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuff said. My opinion? The Pistons win because of the intangibles. The Spurs lack intangibles. They are going to win IF their 3-headed offense beats you. No other way.

The Pistons can beat in any number of ways. Who do you lock down on in a Pistons uniform to control the game? Pick one player you eliminate offensivley for the Pistons that will completely remove offensive effectiveness. There isnt one.

The only way the Pistons lose is if they kill themselves by going thru their famous offensive funks. If they sputter in game 5....well.....its gonna be a long summer.

Thats my take. Pistons win if they eliminate their propensity for offensive droughts. Spurs win if they dont. Its that simple.

Because Manu is hurt or the Pistons have figured him out...or a combination of both....Im not sure.

We'll see Sunday. Which ever way it goes.....What a weird-a$$ series, huh? Who woulda thuk it? LOL

GGs Spurs. May the best team win.

spur219
If the Spurs continue to play like pussies then the Pistons should win the whole thing.

combs84
Righttt, I am a bandwagoner. I could give 2 shits what you think. And have no reason to justify that, so I won't.

But when you are cursing at us and following every Pistons fan around the board and trolling them and NOT bringing anything to the discussion, I think a banning is a fair consideration.

violentkitten
06-17-2005, 10:48 AM
if piston fan didnt spam this forum with their nonsense i wouldnt go off on piston fan

unlike you, you poor :baby i havent asked for piston fan to be banned

now sac up and shut the fuck up

combs84
06-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Good First Post Dark Reign, I agree with a lot of what ya said, and actually even read most of it :).

WDTB, Does ViolentKitten have a certain Nightstalker from p.com feeling to him, or is it just me?

DarkReign
06-17-2005, 10:51 AM
yeah, teams needs fans such as yourself who will troll around the internets.

Wow! I didnt know President George W. Bush was a Spurs fan.

"...go onto your internets."
- GWB, Presidential debates in '04

smeagol
06-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Has it been discussed to ban ViolentKitten before or no?
This forum is not about banning.

VK is an idiot.

When he started posting he would go in the chat room and try to disrupt everything with his stupid remarks.

He has calmed down quite a bit since those days, but he is still an idiot.

violentkitten
06-17-2005, 10:56 AM
hey smeagol, when is golden boy going to show up again?

fucking dumbass

bigjohnstudd
06-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Pistons beat the Spurts like they owed them money!! And no banning of anybody.We got free speech and were all just clowning around is all. Lighten up fellow Pistons fans.

FCBarca
06-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Look.

1) Manu is Manu...He's not MJ and he doesn't deserve all the calls that seem to go his way like MJ did but he's not done by any means...The last two games are no more an indication of this series than the first two games were, that goes for both the Spurs and Manu...He'll be back...He's a champion and I would never underestimate the Argentine (Just wish he wouldn't 'dive' so much).

2) Like Spurs fans are probably telling themselves, as bad as the last two losses were, there's still Game 5 and then games back in San Antonio where they don't lose in the Finals much less to the Pistons...If you're a Spurs fan, there isn't too much reason to draw closer to the ledge, yet.

3) Games have been blowouts, so IMHO, this series is just starting now...A 3 game series where we'll see the true mettle of these teams...Officiating will be tighter on both ends and games will be closer...The first 4 games, the winners forced their will on the other and never had a response from the other...From here on in, no one will lay down.

4) As a Piston fan, I'm encouraged by Chauncey Billups and his play and Rip Hamilton's lack of play...Chauncey has exerted his will and put his stamp on each and every game in this series reflecting his MVP role...On the flip side, Detroit has won with little contribution or impact from Rip on the offensive end...Detroit is winning without Rip being the focal point of the offense...Sooner or later, he will break out and that will bode well for Detroit.

Apart from that, it's a 3 game series and I am no more overconfident of a Championship today than I was after beating Miami in Game 7...Lotta respect for the Spurs...You catch the post game new conference of them?...How can you not respect Popp and them?

bigjohnstudd
06-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Tim Duncan looked like a Crispy Creme last night...Glazed!! Or his mom's forgot to pick him up after school. And whats with the leg rub from pops?

Dex
06-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Good show WayDowntown, Pistons>Spurs, and all the other sociable, intelligible Pistons fans that have come about. Grace in winning is more admirable than even grace in losing.

smeagol
06-17-2005, 11:12 AM
hey smeagol, when is golden boy going to show up again?

fucking dumbass
Golden boy is the reason why we did not go fishing back in May, you imbecile.

SoundTheToll
06-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Yeah, the Pistons won.

Now we MUST win Game 5. If the Pistons win Game 5 then I give them a 60% chance to win the series. But that's it. The Spurs still control this series, even though its tied.

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Good show WayDowntown, Pistons>Spurs, and all the other sociable, intelligible Pistons fans that have come about. Grace in winning is more admirable than even grace in losing.

Thank you. I'm going to forward this to my wife. She won't believe that I'm sociable and intelligible. She's got to believe me now! :elephant

Dex
06-17-2005, 11:19 AM
"But honey, I read it on the internet!"

:lol

No problem. I think we all appreciate it.

After last night, enough of us are probably close enough to the edge of the proverbial cliff without having a gang of Pistons Trolls tooting their horns.

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 11:36 AM
"But honey, I read it on the internet!"

:lol

No problem. I think we all appreciate it.

After last night, enough of us are probably close enough to the edge of the proverbial cliff without having a gang of Pistons Trolls tooting their horns.

Totally understood. Remember who's fans were down 2-0 right from the get-go. The fan reaction can be done so many ways. The problem is, when you're online, you can take two angles. One, type it out, reread it, and if you sound like an asshole, delete it. Or, two, type it out, reread it, and if you sound like an asshole, who cares, I don't know any of you anyway.

I choose the first.

Stons4Life
06-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Manu? Tony?

Where are those two buttheads?

Where's Timmy?

Rip Hamilton for Finals MVP.

rolbaza
06-17-2005, 12:14 PM
So if I understand this... the Pistons no longer have their backs against the wall. Is the Piston characteristic to relax? I can't remember the last time the Spurs (and Timmy) had back to back bad games. All this means Game 5 show be the game we've been all waiting for. I see the Spurs by 6.

BTW Tiger just teed off. Par on the 1st hole