PDA

View Full Version : Your 2012 MVP pick

ChrisRichards
12-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Right now it looks like Lebron's on his 3rd regular season MVP trophy. I'm really impressed with Lebron's body of work. He lost a few pounds and worked on his shooting. His jumper went from good to excellent this year, to a point where you just can't leave this guy open anymore beyond 15 feet. Rose is off to another great start, wonder if he'll finish with a better stat/season record than last year. Durant is balling and may actually lead OKC with the best record out west. CP3 is leading the Clippers and perhaps finish with a Top 3 seed and give the Clips with the best win improvement this year. Melo is the best scorer in the game but tbh with you the Knicks looks worse this year. Perhaps Kobe can continue his good play this year but even with a great individual season, I don;t think the Lakers are good enough to finish above the 4th spot in the WC.

IMO we have

Lebron
Rose
Durant
Chris Paul
Melo
Kobe

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 11:54 AM
P's & A's, CR.

DMC
12-31-2011, 12:01 PM
I pick that we will have at least 20 more "Your Picks for 2012" threads.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-31-2011, 12:04 PM
:lol it's hilarious that Lakers fans for some reason hate the award that's only been given to Kobe once

It's also funny their view of finals MVP in 2008 and earlier was WAY different than it is now.

DMC
12-31-2011, 12:08 PM
:lol it's hilarious that Lakers fans for some reason hate the award that's only been given to Kobe once

It's also funny their view of finals MVP in 2008 and earlier was WAY different than it is now.
But expected.

Certain types of people gravitate towards certain types of teams.

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 12:10 PM

It's a dust collector, a paper weight, a pretty, a door stop.

The Spisak Manifesto:::

1. make the playoffs
2. win the last game you play

There is nothing else.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-31-2011, 12:11 PM
If Kobe had more than 1 MVP you wouldn't have that opinion. You're a proven hypocrite who does whatever he can and creates double standards to prop Kobe up.

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 12:12 PM
If Kobe had more than 1 MVP you wouldn't have that opinion. You're a proven hypocrite who does whatever he can and creates double standards to prop Kobe up.

I don't do MVPs.

It's my religion.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-31-2011, 12:13 PM
If Kobe had more than 1, or had more MVPs than MJ, you'd being "doing MVPs" like nobodies business.

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 12:15 PM
If Kobe had more than 1, or had more MVPs than MJ, you'd being "doing MVPs" like nobodies business.

I don't do MVPs.

It's my religion.

cobbler
12-31-2011, 12:17 PM
Subjective voted on trinkets or banquet fodder and nothing more. About as valuable as CR's word.

Only one thing counts and thats the title.

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 12:18 PM
Subjective voted on trinkets or banquet fodder and nothing more. About as valuable as CR's word.

That's it. And that's all.

Killakobe81
12-31-2011, 01:33 PM
Kobe's MVPs or lack of don't have shit to do with it. Kobe may have been robbed of 1, but the award lost its way when Karl and David Robinson won them no offense to either Guy, and when Nash won back2back I was done. Even Kobe's mean little. MJ is the one who got docked on the award. He should have at least 2 more. And I don't even care that much for MJ but that's the damn truth...

Killakobe81
12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Oh and it's a 4 man race Durant, Lebron, Rose and Howard no one else is winning it sans injury ...

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 01:45 PM
^Yer killing me here, Killa. How many fuckin' times have I beseeched you to act like somebody.

GD it!!!

ChrisRichards
12-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Kobe needs another MVP award to lock that Top 10 GOAT players list.

ChrisRichards
12-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Oh and it's a 4 man race Durant, Lebron, Rose and Howard no one else is winning it sans injury ...
Serious?

IronMexican
12-31-2011, 01:51 PM
Andrew Bynum

ChrisRichards
12-31-2011, 01:51 PM

Are you seriously telling us the regular season MVP award is worthless?

Killakobe81
12-31-2011, 01:54 PM
^Yer killing me here, Killa. How many fuckin' times have I beseeched you to act like somebody.

GD it!!!

Wtf u talking about? You have an issue with me stumping for MJ? Or me saying I hate the award? Either way I don't do crews I don't crawl and I am my own man. You don't like something I post either reply why, ignore it ...but don't coach me I'm like a young Kobe ill figure shit out on my own ....:rollin

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Lakerfan claims it has nothing to do with Kobe only having 1 why they think it's a worthless award when that's the reason why they think it's a worthless award :lol

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 01:57 PM

Did Artest snatch the life right out of Paul Pierce on the evening of June 17th, 2010?

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Wtf u talking about? You have an issue with me stumping for MJ? Or me saying I hate the award? Either way I don't do crews I don't crawl and I am my own man. You don't like something I post either reply why, ignore it ...but don't coach me I'm like a young Kobe ill figure shit out on my own ....:rollin

Skin that smokewagon and go to work.

DPG21920
12-31-2011, 01:58 PM
lol trying to sound smart by saying something like the award means nothing because Robinson got it. On a spurs board.

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Lakerfan claims it has nothing to do with Kobe only having 1 why they think it's a worthless award when that's the reason why they think it's a worthless award :lol

Only pussies & assholes do MVPs.

Giuseppe
On a spurs board.

It's the NBA Forum, dad.

Killakobe81
Serious?

Don't think he will win but he has finished top 3 iirc past 2 years and if he gets traded and that team wins as well he will get votes. Besides advanced stat guys love him, media too not saying I'd vote this way just saying how media votes historically ...Paul will get media love but wont win cuz of clips record ...

DPG21920
12-31-2011, 02:01 PM
So then Laker fans will readily accept Horry is better than Kobe as long as we accept Kobe is better than Tim. Deal.

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 02:02 PM
So then Laker fans will readily accept Horry is better than Kobe as long as we accept Kobe is better than Tim. Deal.

Fine with me.

DPG21920
12-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Good. We have a deal then.

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Don't think he will win but he has finished top 3 iirc past 2 years and if he gets traded and that team wins as well he will get votes. Besides advanced stat guys love him, media too not saying I'd vote this way just saying how media votes historically ...Paul will get media love but wont win cuz of clips record ...

Look at ya^a whole gd paragraph over this fuckin' nonsense.:bang

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 02:04 PM
Good. We have a deal then.

You gd rights. And I'd better never catch you castigating me on the 5-4 Kobe over the shit bag Duncan again.

Consider yerself duly warning, squirt.

DPG21920
12-31-2011, 02:07 PM
I dont make deals with the inmates. Eat it.

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 02:09 PM
I dont make deals with the inmates. Eat it.

That's what I thought:::

Crawl, motherfucker. Crawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Killakobe81
12-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Serious?

lol trying to sound smart by saying something like the award means nothing because Robinson got it. On a spurs board.

Ok DPG, I'm your huckleberry ... what does my post have to do with me sounding smart? If you admire my post, just say so. If not reply why not. I used Robinson as an example cuz tbh he was the lebron prototype the advance stats lovechild Before hollinger etc made it mainstream. I'm not trying to troll he was a great player, but unlike Lebron I never thought David was the best player in the league in any one season same with Nash same with rose. But based on the way the media votes I get why rose won his.I still think Nash and David's were runner up years at best. I get MVP is subjective and criteria is interpreted but they should at least be ina strong argument for best player. Malone was never that to me either

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 02:13 PM
^
Look at ya^a whole gd paragraph over this fuckin' nonsense.:bang

Killakobe81
12-31-2011, 02:13 PM

:rollin

ChrisRichards
12-31-2011, 02:16 PM

Dwight is playing uninspired this year. Magic will end up with a worst record I believe.

Ok DPG, I'm your huckleberry ... what does my post have to do with me sounding smart? If you admire my post, just say so. If not reply why not. I used Robinson as an example cuz tbh he was the lebron prototype the advance stats lovechild Before hollinger etc made it mainstream. I'm not trying to troll he was a great player, but unlike Lebron I never thought David was the best player in the league in any one season same with Nash same with rose. But based on the way the media votes I get why rose won his.I still think Nash and David's were runner up years at best. I get MVP is subjective and criteria is interpreted but they should at least be ina strong argument for best player. Malone was never that to me either

I seriously think D Robinson deserved that MVP award. He absolutely destroyed the league that year until Olajuwon exposed him. But Hakeem is that good, he toyed with a prime Shaq too.

Killakobe81
12-31-2011, 02:18 PM
^

Again, I post on whatever the fuc I want dok and dpg threw the bait I was bored so I bit a paragraph too much 4 u don't read it

DPG21920
12-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Dwight has two 20-rebound games in a row. If that's uninspired LA needs to give up Pau & Bynum ASAP

Giuseppe
Again, I post on whatever the fuc I want dok and dog threw the bait I was bored so I bit a paragraph too much 4 u don't read it

- "Careful."

- "John Coffee" - "The Green Mile"

Giuseppe
Dwight has two 20-rebound games in a row. If that's uninspired LA needs to give up Pau & Bynum ASAP

Pass.

DPG21920
12-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Pass.

Is what you screamed in the bathroom to yer old bowels.

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Is what you screamed in the bathroom to yer old bowels.

:rolleyes

ChrisRichards
12-31-2011, 02:25 PM
:rollin@ passing for a Superstar.

DPG21920
12-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Shredded Wheat. You're welcome.

Trill Clinton
12-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Kevin Durant got this.

Killakobe81
12-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Dwight is playing uninspired this year. Magic will end up with a worst record I believe.

I seriously think D Robinson deserved that MVP award. He absolutely destroyed the league that year until Olajuwon exposed him. But Hakeem is that good, he toyed with a prime Shaq too.

Admiral had a great year and he was an elite defender was more deserving than Nash and his matador defense but I still feel he was lacking but even if you say he deserved I just used him as the example of when the best player stopped winning the award MJ was gone most of that year but i think MJ, pippen(debatable) hakeem were all better than David so not saying he shouldn't have won best on Win-loss or stats just saying 4th best player shouldn't win I think Shaq and penny were candidates as well.

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 02:31 PM
Admiral had a great year and he was an elite defender was more deserving than Nash and his matador defense but I still feel he was lacking but even if you say he deserved I just used him as the example of when the best player stopped winning the award MJ was gone most of that year buying think MJ, pippen(debatable) hakeem were all better than David so not saying he shouldn't have won best on Win-loss or stats just saying 4th best player shouldn't win I think Shaq and penny were candidates as well.

:bang

midnightpulp
12-31-2011, 02:43 PM
Subjective voted on trinkets or banquet fodder and nothing more. About as valuable as CR's, Kool's and Luva's word.

Glad to finally see you acknowledge your Laker brothers in this regard.

endrity
12-31-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't agree with it but the storyline is setting up well for Durant.

Giuseppe
12-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Glad to finally see you acknowledge your Laker brothers in this regard.

Crawl, motherfucker. Crawl!!!!!!!!!