PDA

View Full Version : My simple Game 5 adjustment

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
06-17-2005, 07:18 AM
Start with a frontcourt of Tim, Rasho, and Big Dog.

ginobme
06-17-2005, 07:34 AM
and big dog guards who?? Prince? they'll isolate and prince will run right by him.

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
06-17-2005, 07:47 AM
and big dog guards who?? Prince? they'll isolate and prince will run right by him.
F***k Prince. He's not going to beat you, and you'll just have to have some help defense. Big Dog can play D for long enough to let the helpers come over.
It's the OFFENSE that concerns me right now, especially in the first several minutes of the game.

Detroit is packing the lane and preventing anything inside. Put in a shooter who can create a 12-14 foot jump shot, and draw the defense out a bit.

ginobme
06-17-2005, 07:55 AM
Okay so double prince, he passes out and with the way our rotations are going....no dice dude, i would like to see that line up at some point but not right off the bat

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 07:57 AM
F***k Prince. He's not going to beat you, and you'll just have to have some help defense. Big Dog can play D for long enough to let the helpers come over.

Not trying to talk smack, but you've got Prince on lockdown. No matter what else happens, it'd be foolish to just assume that Tayshaun wouldn't bust out if you put Robinson on him. He'll go back to his 20 point game in a hurry. I would be a big mistake to let the kid run free.

nacho estrada
06-17-2005, 08:07 AM
1 simple adjustment. Upfakes by our bigs, Tim especially. Detroit is so rabid on defense right now at home they will jump to block everything you put up. This would cause foul trouble and force substitutions.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-17-2005, 08:09 AM

Someone missed Big Dog packing Tayshaun twice in game 1.

ginobme
06-17-2005, 08:12 AM
Someone missed Big Dog packing Tayshaun twice in game 1.

some one is missing prince being held in check by the current players guarding him. Im not saying big dog cant guard at some point, but why start the game with trying to fix something that isn't broken???

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 08:13 AM
some one is missing prince being held in check by the current players guarding him. Im not saying big dog cant guard at some point, but why start the game with trying to fix something that isn't broken???

I agree with this. Just because you got two blocks, you can't hold Tayshaun down much longer. He WILL have a breakout game. Why mess with the equation that has stopped him so far?

ducks
06-17-2005, 08:14 AM
prince was not held in check in game 4

ducks
06-17-2005, 08:14 AM
I agree with this. Just because you got two blocks, you can't hold Tayshaun down much longer. He WILL have a breakout game. Why mess with the equation that has stopped him so far?
he looked much better tonight
prince still is overrated

spurster
06-17-2005, 08:16 AM
My simple Game 5 adjustment
Show up

ginobme
06-17-2005, 08:17 AM
they all looked better last night..even Hunter burned us.. he hasnt hit a shot all series long

SWC Bonfire
06-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Here's the gameplan:

http://www.firstaid4sport.co.uk/ProdImg/MU190701_1_Large.jpg

+

http://www.batterschoice.com/images/ms-190701.jpg

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 08:19 AM
prince still is overrated

Tell Reggie Miller that.

SouthernFried
06-17-2005, 08:29 AM
They are packing the lane. And we DO need to be hitting 12-18 footers.

Seems we have an inside game, or 3 point game. What we need right now, is that "in-between" game. Glenn Robinson, Manu, Devon...and mebbe Parker...all shooting the in-between 12-18 foot shots. And not trying to go into the heart of the defense every time. Force them to spread it.

Just like McDyes, Rip, and Hunter did to us last night.

ginobme
06-17-2005, 08:39 AM
They are packing the lane. And we DO need to be hitting 12-18 footers.

Seems we have an inside game, or 3 point game. What we need right now, is that "in-between" game. Glenn Robinson, Manu, Devon...and mebbe Parker...all shooting the in-between 12-18 foot shots. And not trying to go into the heart of the defense every time. Force them to spread it.

Just like McDyes, Rip, and Hunter did to us last night.

Hell yeah dude! Thats on the money but who of the three will be able to hit those shots. I like that brown got meaninful minutes and he should be given the chance to make those shots we need.

spur219
06-17-2005, 08:40 AM
The adjustment that the Spurs need to make is get some heart.

wildbill2u
06-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Start with a frontcourt of Tim, Rasho, and Big Dog.

Rasho played quite a bit last night and never tried to take that 12-15' shot. After being out so long, he's scared to shoot.

We are simply getting beat by frontline players who are quicker and playing harder. It's sad to see Tim lumber down court after a sprinting B. Wallace

And apparently, Rasheed is a much better shot than Tim at this point.

orhe
06-17-2005, 08:46 AM
lol holy shit!! that hunter guy he sucked
when he made that 11 points scoring streak it effectively killed our efforts
man the spurs got it going then... then hunter came!
holy cow!

Rick Von Braun
06-17-2005, 08:52 AM
Tim needs to be more aggressive in the paint. He is taller than most of his defenders, and he should use the large array of post moves characteristic from him. He has been playing very slow and predictable. In the worst case, being the aggressor will get the Pistons' frontcourt in foul trouble

When the Pistons pack the paint, and still defend aggressively in the perimeter with defenders moving fast to contest shots, the Spurs should move the ball. It is unacceptable for the PG to dribble the ball for 15+ seconds of the possesion. Move the ball, and do it fast to find cracks in the D.

I love Nazr aggresiveness, I really do, but some times he looks lost out there. For example, in the first play of game 4 he was standing outside of the 3 point line waiting for a pass. Nazr, you are NOT Robert Horry. You cannot shoot the 3 pointer. You get the ball, you are a horrid passer, the Pistons D does not honor your shot and they play the passing lines aggressively. You are playing into their hands. Don't you know this already?? Go back inside the 3pt line and set a screen or something. Ginobili had to tell him twice for him to do it. Damn! He is missing defensive rotations badly in the last 2 games (to be honest, he was missing them in the first 2 games as well, but the Spurs were winning).

Where is the rotation on D? The Pistons have been able to get easy baskets by making accurate passes in the post! Beno and TP were burned several times when the opposing PGs penetrated. That is fine, it happens. The problem arises when TD goes and challenge the penetrator in the paint. He has to leave his man free. This means the Nazr/Horry/Rasho MUST rotate back on D and box out Duncan's man. Where were you guys? This also means that Manu/Bruce/Barry/Brown should rotate to box out Nazr/Horry/Rasho's man. Someone will be left alone in the perimeter, but who the fuck cares! We are being beating badly in the paint and with offensive rebounds, NOT by bombing from downtown. Bigs, please rotate on D and protect the fucking paint, and guards, go to the paint and fight for defensive rebounds.

xcoriate
06-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Shit take

orhe
06-17-2005, 09:02 AM
1) FUCK the three point line...
i say we drive or we go shoot midrange jumpers
mannnn manu can do this against hunter any time he wants
he can just shoot over him!!

2) Barry should play more... let's hope he keeps himself out of foul trouble...

3) THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE... Tim Duncan must stay aggressive and not opt for fadeaway Jumpers... he should take his time. I know he's hurt, he's so slow that it hurts my eyes. but a few head fakes and spins could be added to his choice of moves. No fadeaways pls...

4) Tony Parker should stop forcing shots. i know tony has been playing better than any spur but sometimes those jumpers ain't going to work wonders...

5) Manu should force his drives. Stop passing the ball to the wings. i don't know if these will work but it seemed like when manu was forcing his dribble drive good things seemed to happen.

GO SPURS...

5) Orhe will watch game 5 at home. i know guys im really sorry. the first 2 games i watched it live at home. but these last two since i'm attending college i had to watch it somewhere around the campus and i only managed to watch parts of it. game 5 i'll cut my morning sched and watch it at home.

spur219
06-17-2005, 09:05 AM
No the Spurs just need to have heart.

TheAfricanFan
06-17-2005, 09:08 AM
- I think that we should put Devin Brown on Chauncey Billups everytime.
- Rasho should start, if Manu went to the bench before, why wouldn't Buter Hands??
- Tim Must play first and think second, coz he's been very hesitant, passive, soft, slow and outplayed.
- Big Dog should play a lot more givin us a bigger body to bang that front-court and to make some jump shots.
- Parker should be traded anyways. He's the only PG that can't create for other players or defend other PG.
- Pop must change for D plan of his system ( hello, it's not workin'anymore)

MadDog73
06-17-2005, 09:15 AM
\
- Parker should be traded anyways. He's the only PG that can't create for other players or defend other PG.

Wow, I didn't know you could trade players in the middle of the Finals. :rolleyes

TheAfricanFan
06-17-2005, 09:44 AM
Not now but after this season finale of course!!!

bigzak25
06-17-2005, 09:58 AM
i shudder when rasho gets on the court. nazr needs to find his sac and meet the challenge. If TD just makes his post moves quick and strong to the cup, all will be well.

that said, i wouldn't mind seeing a little more bigdog in the game.

Supergirl
06-17-2005, 10:01 AM
I do think that Rasho, Robinson, Brown, and TMass should all get more time. They can all hit jump shots, and they can all bang up the Pistons. SPurs need to come out swinging. I want to see them knocking the Pistons to the floor, some good hard fouls. I both Ben and Duncan with 4-5 fouls, and for Duncan to make his FTS and Wallace to miss them.

boutons
06-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Nazr simply isn't good enough to play at Championship level. Even if he was better, this is is FIRST playoffs and Finals. He mus be scared shitless. He sure plays like it.

gocanes719
06-17-2005, 10:12 AM
My game 5 adjustment is to let our starters play and leave Beno on the bench. The last two games we have been close until the Beno-Berry combo comes in. When that happens it seems like the Pistons go on a 8-0 run in a minutes time.