PDA

View Full Version : I'm usually not one to complain about refs...

fraga
06-17-2005, 07:24 AM
But did anyone notice the total lack of fair calls the Spurs were getting last night...I mean if your gonna let people hack on each other that's one thing...but to let one team get away with some real physical play...and totally not extend the curtousy to the other is well....just f*cked up...to better explain my point...can anyone find a picture of Tim getting raked by Ben and another of Nazr tapping McDice on the elbow from like 4 feet away...I mean what the sh!t...

Ginofan
06-17-2005, 07:27 AM
It's been homecookin' on both courts, that's what sucks. I'd prefer if it was going to be crappy offiicating that it just be crappy on both ends of the floor and not just for whoever is visiting. But oh well...the officials didn't make us lose last night or in Game 3 either.

killahwave
06-17-2005, 07:34 AM
it seems as though both teams get mentally psyched out when the calls are overly lopsided.

Arsenal of Democracy
06-17-2005, 07:43 AM
The more aggressive team ALWAYS gets the calls from the refs. San Antonio was the agressor in games 1&2, Detroit was in games 3&4.

It's as simple as that.

A.O.D.

SpursWoman
06-17-2005, 07:59 AM
I'm usually not one to complain about refs...

Why does someone who's about to complain about the refs always start off with this sentence.....?

:lol

bigben
06-17-2005, 08:00 AM
Deeeetroit Basketbaaaalll!!!

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 08:01 AM

Please contribute more than that with your first post. Where were you games 1 and 2?

ambchang
06-17-2005, 08:01 AM
The refs blew a few calls a the beginning, but made up for them at the beginning of the 2nd, I would say the game was decently called. Of course, to me, all the well-called games ends with a Spurs win.
Go Spurs Go! Spurs in 6! You can play better than 3 and 4. Don't play timid, play like ... well .... hate to say this ... Detroit.

NCaliSpurs
06-17-2005, 08:47 AM
The Refs are really letting the players getting away with a lot of slapping and grabbing of the passers.

I wonder if the Spurs will catch on and start doing it themselves. Why play defense when all you need to do is run up, pressure, slap, and create a turnover?

fraga
06-17-2005, 09:36 AM
That's it...I just spoke to Rasheed....and we agree...it's a conspiracy...the NBA wants this series to go to seven...I knew it...

totalspurshomer
06-17-2005, 10:34 AM
can anyone find a picture of Tim getting raked by Ben and another of Nazr tapping McDice on the elbow from like 4 feet away...
Can anyone post a clip of what was far and away the bad call of the game...Manu getting a favorable call after steamrolling Ben Wallace, who had enough time to set up a lunch table and eat half of his 5 course meal before being run over? Or how about the clip of when Parker stopped dribbling above the circle, took about 5 more steps, and layed the ball up? The refs were going to count that shot, had it gone in.

Usually it goes both ways if you hustle. Last night one team hustled all game and the other hardly ever hustled.

dn0
06-17-2005, 10:35 AM
blaming the refs, is this LG.net or FSP?

ALVAREZ6
06-17-2005, 10:36 AM
I better see you here on Sunday.

Kori Ellis
06-17-2005, 10:38 AM
When you play like wimps and look for fouls before you are even fouled, then calls don't go your way. If you stay aggressive and take it hard to the rack, eventually the foul calls will come around to you.

MOTOWNS_FINEST
06-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Please contribute more than that with your first post. Where were you games 1 and 2?
You need to chill without all that. Everytime somebody post anything other than what you want to hear then you got a problem. That shit is annoying as fuck. People can post whatever they want. Who appointed you as the ALMIGHTY PISTON FAN ANYWAY??? :huh ...ANSWER ME DAMMIT!!!!!
:flipoff

combs84
06-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Who cares where anybody was games 1 and 2? Jesus Christ. Lets talk basketball and not about peoples post counts, whos board this is and when somebody registered. Who CARES??

violentkitten
06-17-2005, 10:42 AM
fuck you piston fan. this is our house.

guaransheed
06-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Who the hell are you the flippin Piston fans police? Get over yourself already, you make yourself look like a real tool when you go around and defend the Spurs everytime a Piston fan says something stupid. I am sure the Spurs fans here understand there are going to be trolls coming around and the fact that if you ignore they grow bored and leave, so please there are plenty of Spurs fans here they don't need you to defend them against one liners. It seems like you do more arguing for the Spurs than the Pistons.

PistonsNation
06-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Who cares where anybody was games 1 and 2? Jesus Christ. Lets talk basketball and not about peoples post counts, whos board this is and when somebody registered. Who CARES??

No sh!t. I didn't know there was a Pistons mod here.

geerussell
06-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Who the hell are you the flippin Piston fans police? Get over yourself already, you make yourself look like a real tool when you go around and defend the Spurs everytime a Piston fan says something stupid. I am sure the Spurs fans here understand there are going to be trolls coming around and the fact that if you ignore they grow bored and leave, so please there are plenty of Spurs fans here they don't need you to defend them against one liners. It seems like you do more arguing for the Spurs than the Pistons.

He's the designated approval-seeking kiss-ass.

PistonsNation
06-17-2005, 11:12 AM
He's the designated approval-seeking kiss-ass.

I think he's trying real hard to known as the "good" Pistons fan. Yeah, we don't mind WayDownTownBang, he's a swell guy kinda reaction from Spurs fans.

Give it up and choose a side. Ride or die.

DarkReign
06-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Officiating...the Pistons achilles' heal.

As a Pisons fan, I would say that last night was definately called the Pistons way.

BUT!

The Pistons were more aggressive. More aggressive = more calls.

But then again, make NO mistake, the refs started to even it up in the 2nd quarter. Dont tell me that no one noticed the flurry of calls on the Pistons when they were up by 13? They were put in the penalty with 8 minutes to go.

Refs are refs. Spurs deal with them better than the Pistons. I hope the Stones can play thru it on Sunday because I expect a different officiating crew with a new directive.

sa_butta
06-17-2005, 11:28 AM
no excuses Spurs played like shit, and deserved to lose. No complaining about the ref threads anymore. The refs have not decided any game in this series period. Therfore it is not a factor who is getting the calls. This series is about aggressiveness, heart and who is going to want it more.

fraga
06-17-2005, 12:12 PM
First of all...who's making excuses....I was trying to convey the fact that if you are not gonna call a physical game, that's fine...just make sure you do it for both sides...

DDS4
06-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Spurs need to at the mirror before they look at the refs. Refs couldn't have made up the 31 point difference last night.

Spurs were taken out of the game in the first quarter fishing for calls.

sa_butta
06-17-2005, 12:17 PM
I was trying to convey the fact that if you are not gonna call a physical game, that's fine...just make sure you do it for both sides...
I agree but the Spurs cant wait for refs to start blowing the whistle just play hard and be aggressive and like Kori said the calls will come around. If you play like crap, frustration sets in and nothing goes your way.