PDA

View Full Version : Griffin III Entering 2012 Draft

AFBlue
01-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Chris Mortensen of ESPN is reporting that Heisman winner Robert Griffin III will enter the NFL draft. He goes on to say the Colts have scouted him extensively and would consider drafting him if they lose out on #1 draft pick.

Congrats to RG3 for an incredible career at Baylor. He almost single-handedly brought the program to respectability and deserves every dollar he'll earn. Great player, great professional, great person.

Link to story...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7410307/heisman-winner-robert-griffin-iii-baylor-bears-enter-nfl-draft-sources-say

ThePop
01-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Is it correct to assume Baylor will not be very good next year? Idk much about the team.
I hope Landry leaves as well.

JMarkJohns
01-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Sucks for Baylor. I'm sure they hoped he'd pull a Luck and return, but it makes sense. Strike while it's best, and it's best right now. Maybe had Barkley declared, but without Barkley, this draft doesn't have the elite QB prospects behind Luck, so this makes sense. I'm curious to see who's going to trade up for him, or where he falls.

AFBlue
01-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Sucks for Baylor. I'm sure they hoped he'd pull a Luck and return, but it makes sense. Strike while it's best, and it's best right now. Maybe had Barkley declared, but without Barkley, this draft doesn't have the elite QB prospects behind Luck, so this makes sense. I'm curious to see who's going to trade up for him, or where he falls.

Two biggest possibilities being discussed are Browns and Redskins. Also Jags if no one trades up.

Of course there's the possibility the Colts prefer him to Luck...even at #1. :stirpot:

AFBlue
01-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Is it correct to assume Baylor will not be very good next year? Idk much about the team.
I hope Landry leaves as well.

Tough to say. They not only losing Griffin, but also the all-time leading receiver (Kendall Wright) and their leading rusher (Ganaway). Having said that, the backup QB Nick Florence was successful in limited time and the RB may actually be better. I don't follow their recruiting very closely, but I imagine their recent success has only improved their depth.

Their prolific offense will probably be less prolific, but still good. They'll definitely need to improve defensively TP keep up with the rest of the Big 12 though.

Blake
01-02-2012, 07:28 PM
I don't get the nfl hype for RG.

His size would concern me as a gm

dirk4mvp
01-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Black QB do not win in the NFL. No thanks.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Not that I put it past evangelical nut jobs in Waco Texas to think this, but you'd have to be really fuckin stupid to say Griffin has a chance to be taken over Luck

Bill_Brasky
01-02-2012, 09:11 PM

6'2", 220

Bigger than Vick.

Sisk
01-02-2012, 09:13 PM
RGIII is soft. Knock him around a bit and he becomes mortal real quick.

Blake
01-02-2012, 09:13 PM
6'2", 220

Bigger than Vick.

I thought the falcons taking Vick was a mistake too, tbh

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-02-2012, 09:15 PM
6'2", 220

Bigger than Vick.
Both of them are black QBs who have soft African mental toughness that prevents them from winning anything

dirk4mvp
01-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Will he win more than Vince Young?

BUMP
01-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Don't say this much about black QBs but I think he's got a shot to be pretty good.

Like Sisk said though, he has a tendency to throw a nigfit if hit too hard.

dirk4mvp
01-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Griffin wanna know where tha gold at!

IronMexican
01-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Two biggest possibilities being discussed are Browns and Redskins. Also Jags if no one trades up.

Of course there's the possibility the Colts prefer him to Luck...even at #1. :stirpot:

Dolphins probably want Griffin too. And the Chiefs.

Bill_Brasky
01-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Both of them are black QBs who have soft African mental toughness that prevents them from winning anything

Vick is way more of a jungle monkey, RG3 actually seems smart and like he will try hard to be a pass first QB.

Guess we'll see.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-02-2012, 10:52 PM
McNabb tried to be a pass 1st QB. Guess what happened?

He started dry heaving on the sidelines in the superbowl because his tiny black brain couldn't handle the pressure.

AFBlue
01-02-2012, 11:21 PM

Accurate passer with mobility and decent arm strength. Also, don't understand the size concern.

AFBlue
01-02-2012, 11:25 PM
RGIII is soft. Knock him around a bit and he becomes mortal real quick.

I guess you've never seen him play. Guy gets hit constantly and keeps getting back up. In the bowl game he had one TD run where he broke at least three tackles.

He's got the physical and mental toughness to stick.

Bill_Brasky
01-02-2012, 11:56 PM
McNabb tried to be a pass 1st QB. Guess what happened?

He started dry heaving on the sidelines in the superbowl because his tiny black brain couldn't handle the pressure.

:lmao

Quality post bro.

Blake
01-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Accurate passer with mobility and decent arm strength. Also, don't understand the size concern.

How many starting nfl qbs are under 6'3" 220lbs?

Vick and Brees are the only two that come to mind.

DeadlyDynasty
01-03-2012, 01:41 AM

2012 is young, but i nominate this for dumbest post of the year. Not only would drafting RG3 over Luck be the worst decision in history, it could alienate the fanbase, cause rioting, get Griffin lynched, and force Irsay to make another midnight mayflower move to a new city.

I sincerely hope you said that in jest.

Sisk
01-03-2012, 01:43 AM
I guess you've never seen him play. Guy gets hit constantly and keeps getting back up. In the bowl game he had one TD run where he broke at least three tackles.

He's got the physical and mental toughness to stick.

I've never seen him play? :lol

He straight up quit at Kyle Field. I was there.

AFBlue
01-03-2012, 09:35 AM
I've never seen him play? :lol

He straight up quit at Kyle Field. I was there.

Nice one-game analysis. :tu

AFBlue
01-03-2012, 09:44 AM
2012 is young, but i nominate this for dumbest post of the year. Not only would drafting RG3 over Luck be the worst decision in history, it could alienate the fanbase, cause rioting, get Griffin lynched, and force Irsay to make another midnight mayflower move to a new city.

I sincerely hope you said that in jest.

The article I referenced in my initial post said he has been heavily scouted by the Colts and that they'd have no problem selecting him. It wouldn't shock me if they took him over Luck, but no I don't actually expect it to happen.

tlongII
01-03-2012, 11:44 AM
How many starting nfl qbs are under 6'3" 220lbs?

Vick and Brees are the only two that come to mind.

Brees and Rodgers are both under 6-3 and 220. The 2 best QB's in the league.

Blake
01-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Brees and Rodgers are both under 6-3 and 220. The 2 best QB's in the league.

Brees is an obvious anomaly or he wouldn't have been let go so fast by the chargers.

Nfl.com has rodgers at 225, but ok. I also forgot about Cart.

If I'm a gm, his size is still a concern and I'm not using a 1st rounder on RG.

Bill_Brasky
01-03-2012, 03:09 PM
^You don't think the Heisman winner's worth a first rounder?

If Blaine "Got destroyed by a shitty Tech defense" Gabbert and Jake "I fucking suck and the only reason I got drafted was Mel Kiper" Locker can go in the first round, Griffin can too.

Blake
01-03-2012, 05:08 PM
^You don't think the Heisman winner's worth a first rounder?

If Blaine "Got destroyed by a shitty Tech defense" Gabbert and Jake "I fucking suck and the only reason I got drafted was Mel Kiper" Locker can go in the first round, Griffin can too.

Not this heisman winner, imo

BU Spur
01-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Lots of derp on this thread.

Blake
01-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Lots of derp on this thread.

Baylor fan derping out of the woodworks