PDA

View Full Version : Matt Flynn 6 TD Passes

resistanze
01-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Sit Rodgers for rest of playoffs, tbh.

Bill_Brasky
01-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Flynn has developed nicely, he will be the new Kevin Kolb, but actually good.

JMarkJohns
01-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Does anyone think this hurts Rodgers MVP bid? It was largely assumed he was pretty much everything for the entire season. Now Flynn comes in and vs. a bitter rival and a playoff team fighting for seeding, goes for 480+ yards and 6 TDs on 70% completion rate, better than Rodgers has at any point this season.

IronMexican
01-01-2012, 04:48 PM
QB controversy!

They might get a second for him now.

resistanze
01-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Does anyone think this hurts Rodgers MVP bid? It was largely assumed he was pretty much everything for the entire season. Now Flynn comes in and vs. a bitter rival and a playoff team fighting for seeding, goes for 480+ yards and 6 TDs on 70% completion rate, better than Rodgers has at any point this season.

I'm a big Pack and Rodgers fan but he might've lost the MVP today. Sat out the game while Brees chucked his way into the TD lead for this season, Brady did his thing, and Matt Flynn shitted on a (god awful) Lions defense.

Pelicans78
01-01-2012, 04:53 PM
LSU could have won 2-3 championships if Flynn started sooner over Jamarcus the Hut.

BRHornet45
01-01-2012, 04:55 PM
just goes to show you how replaceable Aaron Rodgers is. the dude fits into Green Bay's system well. nothing more, nothing less. you could plug virtually any decent NFL QB into Green Bay and that offense would still be damn good. its very similar to Brady in New England whenever they went 11-5 when he missed an entire season a couple years ago.

resistanze
01-01-2012, 04:57 PM
just goes to show you how replaceable Aaron Rodgers is. the dude fits into Green Bay's system well. nothing more, nothing less. you could plug virtually any decent NFL QB into Green Bay and that offense would still be damn good. its very similar to Brady in New England whenever they went 11-5 when he missed an entire season a couple years ago.

lol slow your horses son. Are you saying they would've won the SB last year with Flynn at the helm just because of this game?

BRHornet45
01-01-2012, 04:58 PM
lol slow your horses son. Are you saying they would've won the SB last year with Flynn at the helm just because of this game?

no. I am saying this shows just how replaceable Rodgers is. Flynn came in and played better today than Rodgers has all season.

however the media declared Rodgers the MVP of the league back in preseason and have been campaigning for him ever since. so I'm sure he will still get the award even though he doesn't deserve it.

vander
01-01-2012, 05:03 PM
P. Manning MVP

well, maybe Brees

resistanze
01-01-2012, 05:05 PM
no. I am saying this shows how replaceable Rodgers is. Flynn came in and played better today than Rodgers has all season.

the media declared Rodgers the MVP of the league back in preseason though so I'm sure he will still get the award even though he doesn't deserve it.

Brees and Brady definitely have an argument for the MVP. But to say Rodgers doesn't deserve it is plain hating. It's like calling Brees a stat-padder.

If he's replaceable shouldn't you think they'll be able to make a SB run with Matt Flynn? Since you've mentioned Rodgers and Brady having backups that performed well, should we wait for Brees' backup to have a chance at a great game in order to discredit him?

JMarkJohns
01-01-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm a big Pack and Rodgers fan but he might've lost the MVP today. Sat out the game while Brees chucked his way into the TD lead for this season, Brady did his thing, and Matt Flynn shitted on a (god awful) Lions defense.

I was thinking of Brees when I wrote the question. They broke just about every record possible this year, he holds the advantage in several key statistical categories, and seeing Rodgers' backup destroy a playoff defense Rodgers previously did half as well against, I think Brees makes up a ton of ground, if not surpasses.

BRHornet45
01-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Brees and Brady definitely have an argument for the MVP. But to say Rodgers doesn't deserve it is plain hating. It's like calling Brees a stat-padder.

If he's replaceable shouldn't you think they'll be able to make a SB run with Matt Flynn? Since you've mentioned Rodgers and Brady having backups that performed well, should we wait for Brees' backup to have a chance at a great game in order to discredit him?

son its not hating. its truth and the stats show it. IMO ....

MVP of 1st half of season

1. Rodgers
2. Brees
3. Brady

MVP of 2nd half of season

1. Brees
2. Brady
3. Rodgers

Final Results should be

1. Brees
2. Brady
3. Rodgers

resistanze
01-01-2012, 05:24 PM
I was thinking of Brees when I wrote the question. They broke just about every record possible this year, he holds the advantage in several key statistical categories, and seeing Rodgers' backup destroy a playoff defense Rodgers previously did half as well against, I think Brees makes up a ton of ground, if not surpasses.

Personally I think the MVP should come down to more than just passing statistics (Brees) or team record (Rodgers). For me Brady has meant more for his team, especially with that god awful defense. While Brees is amazing and could win the MVP with no complaints, he chucks the ball more and has a higher powered offense.

Point is, I think all 3 guys have a good shot at MVP and at the end of the day. I won't be mad in either wins it, so I don't see any point in trying to bring one down to prop up another.

BRHornet45
01-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Personally I think the MVP should come down to more than just passing statistics (Brees) or team record (Rodgers). For me Brady has meant more for his team, especially with that god awful defense. While Brees is amazing and could win the MVP with no complaints, he chucks the ball more and has a higher powered offense.

Point is, I think all 3 guys have a good shot at MVP and at the end of the day. I won't be mad in either wins it, so I don't see any point in trying to bring one down to prop up another.

son if Brees was just chucking the ball then he would have a shitty passing percentage, but he doesn't. he has a 71% completion percentage which is far better than both Rodgers and Brady which makes his numbers even more impressive. if he was just chucking and completing like 50-60% of his passes then you would have an argument, but that's simply not the case.

oh and all three teams have garbage defense. any given week one can be worse than the other. Brady more important to his team? wow really? ... should we bring up the 11-5 season the Patriots had when he was out injured?

resistanze
01-01-2012, 05:39 PM
son if Brees was just chucking the ball then he would have a shitty passing percentage, but he doesn't. he has a 71% completion percentage which is far better than both Rodgers and Brady which makes his numbers even more impressive. if he was just chucking and completing like 50-60% of his passes then you would have an argument, but that's simply not the case.

oh and all three teams have garbage defense. any given week one can be worse than the other. Brady more important to his team? wow really? ... should we bring up the 11-5 season the Patriots had when he was out injured?
lol son so do you think Matt Flynn and Matt Cassell can lead GB and NE to a SB run?

I guess you think Peyton Manning is the goat after this past season?

Son, why do you care so much about this award? Are you really gonna care if any of these 3 QBs get the award?

BRHornet45
01-01-2012, 05:51 PM
lol son so do you think Matt Flynn and Matt Cassell can lead GB and NE to a SB run?

I guess you think Peyton Manning is the goat after this past season?

Son, why do you care so much about this award? Are you really gonna care if any of these 3 QBs get the award?

son who the hell knows for sure? none of us know what Flynn would be capable of if he had playing time. but the bottom line is that he played better today than Rodgers has the entire season and did it against a team fighting for playoffs.

why do I care? why do you care? son I have stated for months that the media declared Rodgers MVP way back in preseason and they have been campaigning for him ever since all the while ignoring the facts and stats. I have also said that he can have his award. we want another Super Bowl. however I'm not going to sit here and read some of the pure ignorance that has been posted on this board without responding to it.

Kai
01-01-2012, 05:53 PM

I disagree. Flynn looked good, but there is no such thing as a plug and play system for QBs. It's the most important position in the NFL and there's a reason good QBs are rarely on bad teams.

Bill_Brasky
01-01-2012, 06:04 PM
son who the hell knows for sure? none of us know what Flynn would be capable of if he had playing time. but the bottom line is that he played better today than Rodgers has the entire season and did it against a team fighting for playoffs.

why do I care? why do you care? son I have stated for months that the media declared Rodgers MVP way back in preseason and they have been campaigning for him ever since all the while ignoring the facts and stats. I have also said that he can have his award. we want another Super Bowl. however I'm not going to sit here and read some of the pure ignorance that has been posted on this board without responding to it.

Yeah right you don't care. You want that MVP so badly you'll actually bash Rodgers. Everyone here thinks it could go either way. Homerism at it's finest tbh.

BRHornet45
01-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Yeah right you don't care. You want that MVP so badly you'll actually bash Rodgers. Everyone here thinks it could go either way. Homerism at it's finest tbh.

son when did I say that I didn't care? I clearly stated why do I care, why do you care?

I post FACTS AND STATS. if you want to call that homerism then so be it, but you should first look in the mirror you hypocrite. you're one of the biggest homers on this board in the NBA forum. lozzzz

Bill_Brasky
01-01-2012, 06:09 PM
son when did I say that I didn't care? I clearly stated why do I care, why do you care?

I post FACTS AND STATS. if you want to call that homerism then so be it, but you should first look in the mirror you hypocrite. you're one of the biggest homers on this board in the NBA forum. lozzzz

Oh, he shook.

Yeah facts and stats. Saying that Aaron Rodgers is a plug and play system QB is a fact/stat. :lol

BRHornet45
01-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Oh, he shook.

Yeah facts and stats. Saying that Aaron Rodgers is a plug and play system QB is a fact/stat. :lol

so son you're saying that what Matt Flynn did today was nothing more than a fluke? Aaron Rodgers IS a plug and play system QB.

Bill_Brasky
01-01-2012, 06:12 PM
so son you're saying that what Matt Flynn did today was nothing more than a fluke? Aaron Rodgers IS a plug and play system QB.

I'm not touching this post with a 20 foot pole.

BRHornet45
01-01-2012, 06:13 PM
because that is exactly what you're trying to say. that today was nothing more than a fluke. LOL at you too scared to admit what you really think.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Matt Flynn is a legitimately good QB. He played very well against the Patriots last year, if a team can get him for a 2nd rounder or so it'd be a good trade for them.

Bill_Brasky
01-01-2012, 06:15 PM
because that is exactly what you're trying to say. that today was nothing more than a fluke. LOL at you too scared to admit what you really think.

Ummm look at my first post in this thread dude. :lol

Everyone knew Flynn would be good after the Pats game last year.

resistanze
01-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Sons, Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady are both equivalent and "plug-and-play" QBs. If Bledsoe never got injured in 2001 he would've won 3 SBs in that New England system.

BRHornet45
01-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Sons, Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady are both equivalent and "plug-and-play" QBs. If Bledsoe never got injured in 2001 he would've won 3 SBs in that New England system.

I agree and although I have never been a big fan of Peyton Manning, this is why I have always argued Manning > Brady and its not even close.

BUMP
01-01-2012, 06:43 PM
however the media declared Rodgers the MVP of the league back in preseason and have been campaigning for him ever since. so I'm sure he will still get the award even though he doesn't deserve it.

:lmao

you act like ESPN didn't turn into the Saints Network for days after Brees broke the yards record

BRHornet45
01-01-2012, 06:54 PM
:lmao

you act like ESPN didn't turn into the Saints Network for days after Brees broke the yards record

lol son ONLY because they were forced to by Brees because he broke the record. then they went right back to drinking Rodgers cum.

spurtech09
01-02-2012, 05:15 PM
just tells you how good the packers are.....I see the packers winning the whole thing again.....packers is americas team of this generation

Brazil
01-03-2012, 06:55 PM
No love for Stafford ? He has been quite impressive this season 5 000 yards 41 TDs and he is 23 y/o. He is throwing the ball on every damn play and he is doing that well. Of course it's easier to shine on a team like the Lions with no running game but still damn good. He has also been clutch also season long.

JamStone
01-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Ridiculous defense by the Lions. I don't care how good you're throwing the ball, if you throw for damn near 500 yards and 6 TDs, the defense was pathetic. That aside, Flynn did look good. He looked comfortable and made smart and good throws. I don't know if he could consistently put up great games as a starting NFL QB, but as far as making throws, he looked like he can handle things just fine.

Stafford had a really good game too. And he does fly under the radar as far as QBs go in the league because of how good Rodgers and Brees and Brady are. Because the Lions don't really have much of a running game, he does throw A LOT. But also consider that opposing teams and defenses know that he's going to throw it 40+ times a game and generally and don't stack the box because of that, and he's still making the throws and putting up big numbers. Although the big qualifier is that he has Calvin Johnson, who doesn't only make great and crazy catches but forces defenses to shade towards him all game long, which helps the other receivers get a lot of one-on-one coverage. I think both Burleson and Pettigrew are really helped out by that. Still a pretty impressive year for Stafford. Numbers probably could have been even better but he fucked up his finger which affected him really bad for about 3 games where he threw a ton of picks and was not sharp at all with his accuracy.

Bill_Brasky
01-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Sons we're all forgetting that Drew Brees played this same Lions team in week 13 and threw for a measley 342 yards and 3 TD.

Flynn doubled that shit!

Flynn > Brees

Blake
01-03-2012, 08:10 PM
lol system qbs

Maybe in college, but not the nfl

Brazil
01-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Ridiculous defense by the Lions. I don't care how good you're throwing the ball, if you throw for damn near 500 yards and 6 TDs, the defense was pathetic. That aside, Flynn did look good. He looked comfortable and made smart and good throws. I don't know if he could consistently put up great games as a starting NFL QB, but as far as making throws, he looked like he can handle things just fine.

Stafford had a really good game too. And he does fly under the radar as far as QBs go in the league because of how good Rodgers and Brees and Brady are. Because the Lions don't really have much of a running game, he does throw A LOT. But also consider that opposing teams and defenses know that he's going to throw it 40+ times a game and generally and don't stack the box because of that, and he's still making the throws and putting up big numbers. Although the big qualifier is that he has Calvin Johnson, who doesn't only make great and crazy catches but forces defenses to shade towards him all game long, which helps the other receivers get a lot of one-on-one coverage. I think both Burleson and Pettigrew are really helped out by that. Still a pretty impressive year for Stafford. Numbers probably could have been even better but he fucked up his finger which affected him really bad for about 3 games where he threw a ton of picks and was not sharp at all with his accuracy.

What should be Lions priority for next year ? Trying to get help to run the ball or trying to fix the defense weaknesses ?

JamStone
01-03-2012, 09:14 PM
What should be Lions priority for next year ? Trying to get help to run the ball or trying to fix the defense weaknesses ?

For me personally, priority is definitely a cornerback. But a cornerback in free agency as opposed to the draft. I think a more seasoned cornerback as opposed to a rookie would be better. In the first round of the draft, I'd go with offensive guard (or a guy like Barrett Jones who plays both guard or tackle).

LnGrrrR
01-03-2012, 11:23 PM
One thing that might inflate Brees stats is that he plays in a dome, rather than a cold-weather clime like Brady/Rodgers.

LnGrrrR
01-03-2012, 11:25 PM

Holy fuck no. Don't get me wrong, Bledsoe was a classy guy, but he would not and could not operate in the same system that Brady operated under. Bledsoe had a great cannon, but by 2001, he wasn't making those quick decisions that allowed us to win in 03/04. Brady was great at using the short passing game, play-action, and screen passes. Bledsoe was ok at playaction, and wasn't really known for either of the other two.

resistanze
01-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Holy fuck no. Don't get me wrong, Bledsoe was a classy guy, but he would not and could not operate in the same system that Brady operated under. Bledsoe had a great cannon, but by 2001, he wasn't making those quick decisions that allowed us to win in 03/04. Brady was great at using the short passing game, play-action, and screen passes. Bledsoe was ok at playaction, and wasn't really known for either of the other two.

:lol Needed det blue font, tbh.

I was taking a jab at the whole "system QB" argument.

Trill Clinton
01-04-2012, 12:50 PM
He still sucks. He's an LSU qb, they have a legacy of failure at the next level.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-04-2012, 12:58 PM
He still sucks. He's an LSU qb, they have a legacy of failure at the next level.
No, only the black LSU QBs have a history of fail at the next level. The white ones don't.

Trill Clinton
01-04-2012, 01:01 PM
No, only the black LSU QBs have a history of fail at the next level. The white ones don't.

and so do the white ones. LSU qb's are horrible.

BUMP
01-04-2012, 01:06 PM

This.

tbh this Lions offense is very similar to the 2004 Vikings offense but Megatron>Moss even back then

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-04-2012, 01:06 PM
and so do the white ones. LSU qb's are horrible.
Which white ones are you referring to?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-04-2012, 01:07 PM
This.

tbh this Lions offense is very similar to the 2004 Vikings offense but Megatron>Moss even back then
disagree

Prime Randy Moss is untouchable IMO

Trill Clinton
01-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Which white ones are you referring to?

uhhh..all of them except for maybe y.a. tittle. care to enlighten me on a successful lsu qb?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Bert Jones.

BUMP
01-04-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm just talking about that season. I remember watching a lot of that team and Moss suffered a hamstring injury that year that hampered him over a lot of games. He still put up some good numbers but there were many times that he was visibly limited. Johnson put up much better numbers this season anyway. (Moss only had 49 catches that season in only 13 games)

but yeah Prime Moss>Megatron

Trill Clinton
01-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Bert Jones.

never heard of him till today. I guess that's their one, lsu qb's still have a legacy of being piss poor at the next level.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-04-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't think Flynn is a franchise QB by any means but he's much better than several starting QBs right now. I'd take him over either Skelton or Kolb for the Cardinals.

Blake
01-04-2012, 02:01 PM
I'd take a shot at Flynn over about 6-7 qbs, including RG3 and Landry Jones

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Agreed. RGIII is black and Landry Jones is hugely overrated. Not at all impressed with anything I've seen from him.

Pelicans78
01-04-2012, 02:33 PM
I don't think Flynn is a franchise QB by any means but he's much better than several starting QBs right now. I'd take him over either Skelton or Kolb for the Cardinals.

But Skelton just wins. He's an underrated Tebow. :downspin:

Pelicans78
01-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Agreed. RGIII is black and Landry Jones is hugely overrated. Not at all impressed with anything I've seen from him.

Plus both play in wide open spread offenses that inflate their numbers. If Luck played in that kind of offense, he would have thrown for a million-billion TDs.

jgome21
01-04-2012, 02:56 PM

Race has nothing to do with a quaterbacks' success...ignorant statment on your part. RGIII def has the talent, but his ability to transition to a pro-style offense might be difficult. I really like his vertical passing game tho. I can see the Browns taking a chance on him. McCoy blows and they need to sell tickets so why not RGIII. I agree with Landry being overrated. He lacks the killer instict in quaterbacks. Landry struggled bigtime once Broyles (his safety net) went down. He's going to have a Blaine Gabbert like rookie season....

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Race has nothing to do with a quaterbacks' success
Then why haven't black QBs won more superbowls?

Cuppycake Gumdrop
01-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Then why haven't black QBs won more superbowls?

White-controlled government conspiracy. Just like how blacks were set to rule the world until the white man dropped off AIDS in Africa. Then blacks were gonna rule the United States until Ronald Reagan invented crack.

dirk4mvp
01-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Rohan Davey and Jawalrus were fine NFL players.

JamStone
01-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Prime Randy Moss is untouchable IMO

Randy Moss in his prime was a complete freak. Teams could bump him, shade him, and bracket him with 3 guys, he'd still find a way to get behind the secondary. His ability to maximize his speed to get open is unmatched. Calvin Johnson has 4.3 speed, but he doesn't always get behind the secondary whenever he wants to. As far as being a big play threat to score every single play, I don't know if any receiver will ever touch Moss in his prime. I think it's like ever finding a corner as good as Deion.

I will say this about Calvin though. Statistically speaking, this past season, Calvin put up a season as good as (arguably better than) an in his prime Randy Moss did (2003). I understand it's not just about statistics. But as far as that part of the argument goes, Calvin has one. And 5 years into the league, he might get better, he has a chance to get better.