PDA

View Full Version : Manu and Blair

cantthinkofanything
01-02-2012, 04:02 PM
I guess this is really Manu vs. Parker in terms of who is better running the pick and roll offense. But it seems that Blair performs much better when he's in the lineup with Manu. This went back to last season as well. Just seemed like he had more scoring opportunities other than putbacks. And it made me wonder if it's because Manu is a better playmaker off the pick and roll than Tony Parker. I think Parker either gets to the goal so quickly that he is commited to the layup attempt or he steps back and takes the jump shot. The times that the lane is clogged, he ends up trying to throw the ball to the corners. As opposed to Manu who allows enough time for the play to develop and has the added option of making the pass to the roller. This isn't necessarily a knock on Tony but I think it does limit what the effectiveness of the other players (Blair, Splitter, etc.)

Does anyone have any facts to back up Blair's production being better when Manu is on the court with him?

silverblk mystix
01-02-2012, 04:08 PM
...I guess this could only mean...one thing...

trade Parker?

cantthinkofanything
01-02-2012, 04:13 PM
...I guess this could only mean...one thing...

trade Parker?

No, not this time. Just was thinking about Blair's production and throwing out a question to those that may have some facts or better insight.

silverblk mystix
01-02-2012, 04:15 PM
No, not this time. Just was thinking about Blair's production and throwing out a question to those that may have some facts or better insight.

If this was a Manu vs. Parker thread...

it would be at about 13 pages by now...

itzsoweezee
01-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Manu is definitely better at pick and roll than Parker, but manu is better than pretty much 90% of the point guards in the league at pick and roll. I would love to see him move to point later in his career.

cantthinkofanything
01-02-2012, 04:30 PM
If this was a Manu vs. Parker thread...

it would be at about 13 pages by now...

Then I'd get accused of bashing Parker. Which I'm not right now. I don't think there are any realistic ways of getting better this season by trading him now.

To be honest though, I am now wondering if they could start Manu at PG and have Tony come off the bench. Not that it would ever happen but it would provide an instant spark. But also allow Manu to get other players involved early.

Not to mention limit TJF's time. He's not been very impressive yet.

cantthinkofanything
01-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Manu is definitely better at pick and roll than Parker, but manu is better than pretty much 90% of the point guards in the league at pick and roll. I would love to see him move to point later in his career.

I don't know why he couldn't. He'd be a better version of Jason Kidd.

MR.SILVER&BLack
01-02-2012, 04:41 PM
everyone on the team plays better with manu running the offense. dont know why some of the poster here dont want to see manu play PG.

DMC
01-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Manu to Blair is a solid connection. Manu to anyone is a solid connection.

gospursgojas
01-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Manu is a better passer than Tony. No knock on Tony, but Manu's passing ability is superb. Some of the angles hes able to get the ball to Blair is just ridiculous.

ginobilized
01-02-2012, 04:55 PM
there's got to be a way to turn this into a Scola thread....

mystargtr34
01-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Parker doesnt really have that inbetween passing game.. hes either drive and score or drive and drop off or kick out.

Manu usually drives and waits for the defense to make a slight move and thats usually enough for him to pick out a passing angle. His IQ and feel for the game is up there with guys like LeBron and CP3.

analyzed
01-02-2012, 06:14 PM
I would say however Parker is as good if not better than Manu, when running the pick and rol with Timmy. The probable reason behind that is Timmy more often than not pops out for jumpers when parker does his inside moves. As compared to Blair who almost always rolls to the basket which is perfect for Manu and his outside three and crazy passes

ChuckD
01-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Manu and Blair clicked about 5 minutes into his rookie season.

I think Tony and Tim work better because Tony is better at a higher pass, and Manu is better with Blair because he can bounce pass more effectively in traffic.

therealtruth
01-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Plus Tony has played with Tim for several years. If Tony could pass he could be throwing alleyoops for RJ without a set play.