PDA

View Full Version : THIS is why I hate the 2-3-2!

SouthernFried
06-17-2005, 08:46 AM
The Team with the so-called "homecourt advantage"....can now go down 3-2, even with winning all their home court games! Putting much more pressure on the homecourt team by being down and every game being an elimination game.

That can't happen in the 2-2-1-1-1.

The team with the homecourt advantage can never get down in a series if they win all their home games in the 2-2-1-1-1. And isn't that what Homecourt advantage should mean?

I think the 2-3-2, negates, as much as possible..."the homecourt advangtage"

Wouldn't it be totally different right now, if San Antonio got to play the next game in San Antonio?

Damn right it would be.

HULKAROCK
06-17-2005, 08:51 AM
The Team with the so-called "homecourt advantage"....can now go down 3-2, even with winning all their home court games! Putting much more pressure on the homecourt team by being down and every game being an elimination game.

The team with the homecourt advantage can never get down in a series if they win all their home games in the 2-2-1-1-1. And isn't that what Homecourt advantage should mean?

Wouldn't it be totally different right now, if San Antonio got to play the next game in San Antonio?

Damn right it would be.

That's how we were able to take out LA last year. All we needed was one on the road to wrap it up at home. It is a strange format.

SouthernFried
06-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Ya...if Detroit wins the next game...they will have the edge in the series...and the Momentum created by that edge, and winning 3 games in a row. That momentum could negate the homecourt in the first game back in San Antonio.

I don't like this format...especially with a team that plays so great at home as Detroit. Spurs could be hanging their heads if they lose 3 games in a row in DT. A homecourt advantage should not allow that to happen.

Nothing I can do about it...but, still...venting is nice.

The Mask
06-17-2005, 09:01 AM

Damn right it would be.

I don't like that format either. But SA still has the edge beating any team 3 in row is tough and only has been done 1 time since the format has changed in '85. I say the odds are still in your favor- winning games six and seven on the road is almost impossible. Just like winning 3 in a row at home.

GrandeDavid
06-17-2005, 09:02 AM
I hear ya, man! If there's ANYTHING the Spurs could use right now to get back on track is some home cooking. But I'll take the extra day off.

101A
06-17-2005, 09:04 AM
Momentum is overrated. Spurs had plenty going into game 3.

Detroit doesn't feel any more confident than SA did just 3 short days ago - and they shouldn't. Look at their guards FG% on the road these playoffs vs. in the palace - this could easily swing back the other way.

THAT'S why they play the games.

Spurs will win this series.

"No team is as bad as they look when they are losing, and no team is as good as they look when they are winning." - wise old sports book

SouthernFried
06-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Shit..Detroits been a Monster at home! I hate having to play them 3 games in row there. That was as hot a shooting last night as I've ever seen...unbeleivable!

We should be going back to San Antonio now. If ever I've seen a case for a Mexican food fix...this is it.

rwb
06-17-2005, 09:08 AM
I concur. As annoyed as I am that the Spurs have been so completely dominated in Detroit, it's got to be tough to play three straight in that atmosphere. I just hope by the time they make it back home they still have some fight left in them. Then again, I expected from the start that the series would go six at the least...I just didn't expect them to be so humiliated.

Jelly
06-17-2005, 09:11 AM
I don't like that format either. But SA still has the edge beating any team 3 in row is tough and only has been done 1 time since the format has changed in '85. I say the odds are still in your favor- winning games six and seven on the road is almost impossible. Just like winning 3 in a row at home.

beating a team by 31 points is also tough, but they did it with ease.