PDA

View Full Version : After 5 games.....

SequSpur
01-02-2012, 10:32 PM
my assessment is that Green, Bonner, Splitter and TJ Ford suck balls. Without Ginobili going off, this team is 0 and 5.

Tony Parker is slow, still hasn't developed a three point shot and has terrible talent around him.

Tim Duncan is older than Kevin Willis.

RJ has been playing well which is amazing.

James Anderson needs time, it may be awhile if ever, he doesn't seem athletic at all.

Dejuan Blair is doing okay but his size is still the issue, dude is not a fucking center. Got damn Pop is so stupid.

Leonard is a rookie, period.

This team is going nowhere.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2012, 10:39 PM
I see you acquired a new talent in the offseason -- the use of bullet points.

Thanks.

SequSpur
01-02-2012, 10:41 PM
I see you acquired a new talent in the offseason -- the use of bullet points.

Thanks.

:toast

Josepatches_
01-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Lol

Splitter is one of the few things not to worried about

TJ Ford? He's a backup PG. What do you want? The biggest issue is our starter PG.

Easy to blame on role players.

To recover TD and TP are our biggest problem without Manu. They have to lead the team but they suck right now

DesignatedT
01-02-2012, 10:44 PM
define nowhere.

SequSpur
01-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Lol

Splitter is one of the few things not to worried about

TJ Ford? He's a backup PG. What do you want? The biggest issue is our starter PG.

Easy to blame on role players.

To recover TD and TP are our biggest problem without Manu. They have to lead the team but they suck right now

Role players win championships.

Splitter can't dunk, is to soft and plays shorter than Barrea does... Really?

SequSpur
01-02-2012, 10:46 PM
define nowhere.

Spurs just got a beat down by the twolves in all categories....that is nowhere.

DeadlyDynasty
01-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Spot-on analysis.

underdawg
01-02-2012, 10:52 PM
my assessment is that Green, Bonner, Splitter and TJ Ford suck balls. Without Ginobili going off, this team is 0 and 5.

Tony Parker is slow, still hasn't developed a three point shot and has terrible talent around him.

Tim Duncan is older than Kevin Willis.

RJ has been playing well which is amazing.

James Anderson needs time, it may be awhile if ever, he doesn't seem athletic at all.

Dejuan Blair is doing okay but his size is still the issue, dude is not a fucking center. Got damn Pop is so stupid.

This team is going nowhere.

Blair is the best 6'7" center in the league! Season's still way too early to be talking in absolutes, but there are definitely familiar trends.

There's a ton of potential in JA, KL and Tiago. If all three can play consistently (big if for JA) in a big hurry, the Spurs will be in decent shape when Manu returns.

Problem is at some point the FO has to consider taking some gambles on some unknowns.
-Bonner is a fine 3 pt shooter, but he's just too unathletic to be as important to the Spurs as he is.
-Blair is very athletic, but he's just too short for what the Spurs need - they need length and better defense.
-KL and Tiago are going to help in the length dept., but trying out some unknown bigs and maybe even Danny Green developing might help too.

T-wolves were outstanding behind the arc, but the T-wolves also had a 57% FG as well. Spurs defense has to be really good for the Spurs to make the playoffs and maybe have a chance too.

Blake
01-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Role players win championships

This may be the first time I've ever heard this phrase uttered

therealtruth
01-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Neal will have to take Manu's role.

DMC
01-02-2012, 11:16 PM
I agree with all of it except for Blair. Blair is not undersized. His only problem is that he was benched last year. Otherwise we would have another ring and 70 regular season wins.

Sean Cagney
01-02-2012, 11:20 PM
LOL at even having to mention bonner like we did not know what he was years ago. Pop won't get it though.
Spot-on analysis.

Dynasty? LOL win one first before it's a deadly dynasty. Heat fans man :lmao:lmao

Arc
01-02-2012, 11:22 PM
this is not gonna be the same team as last year. we're not gonna win a ridiculous amount of games unless we get hot. especially now that manu has went down. but given that the west is so weak this year we should be able to stay top 4, but could fall to 5-6. i'm ok with that tbh. last year was extremely disappointing after that amazing season. i'd rather not experience that again.

Sean Cagney
01-02-2012, 11:25 PM
this is not gonna be the same team as last year. we're not gonna win a ridiculous amount of games unless we get hot. especially now that manu has went down. but given that the west is so weak this year we should be able to stay top 4, but could fall to 5-6. i'm ok with that tbh. last year was extremely disappointing after that amazing season. i'd rather not experience that again.

Maybe 6th seed, I would be thrilled with that right now with Manu being out. The West is not great no, but the Spurs without Manu is not a very good team being he is their best player.

therealtruth
01-02-2012, 11:28 PM
The good thing is that Manu will be fresher from not having played so many minutes and the younger guys will get more chances to play.

Mr. Body
01-02-2012, 11:31 PM

Nothing gets by you.

Arc
01-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Maybe 6th seed, I would be thrilled with that right now with Manu being out. The West is not great no, but the Spurs without Manu is not a very good team being he is their best player.

i expect parker to pick up some of the slack, and we can hope anderson calms down a bit and starts playing to his potential now that his spot has been solidified for a month or two. splitter's offensive game has been getting better and better with each game as well. i think we should be ok scoring wise, considering neal is coming back soon too. and this year, we now have a true facilitating PG to back up TP, so we're not gonna hurt in that department. the only thing we're missing with manu being out is that special element he brings. his will to win or something. it's contagious. it gets everyone else on the team to play better. that's gonna be impossible to replace, cause no one else in the league seems to have it.

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2012, 01:08 AM
TP has been playin like shit since last season, i dont care if he puts up monster numbers when his opponent PG puts up career games against him...

still a bit to late for us to be tanking when a few teams already got a foot on the spurs

phxspurfan
01-03-2012, 01:46 PM
I just realized Duncan is the only real big on the roster.

This makes me sad.

Imp23
01-03-2012, 03:29 PM
TP will pick up the scoring load but his assist will drop. He has been putting up good numbers. Him developing a 3pt shot is good but do we really need another 3pt shooter? We shoot enough 3s as it is. TD has turned into a shooting Big Man.."Sucks". TP has carried this team a lot the past yrs so he will do it again. Everyone needs to step up. TD needs to box out because he can no longer depend on his length.

BackHome
01-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Spurs can hold down the fort...Anderson and Neal can score, and Anderson is gonna improve his shooting when he gets his legs under him.

I still like the Tank idea........Spurs would have a high draft pick, loads of cap room and still have the big 3 if tim signs on the cheap. A shot at Davis or Drummond or hell even Barnes would really be a shot in the arm for the future.

I am hoping that we can get Mason Plumlee 6'11 PF, or Mike Moser 6'8 PF (Rebounding King) in the draft that would be sweet!

Fireball
01-04-2012, 01:40 PM
... follows game 6

SequSpur
01-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Either I was wrong or the Spurs read my post and brought it to the table....

Go Spurs. I'm impressed with the passion.

Spur|n|Austin
01-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Either I was wrong or the Spurs read my post and brought it to the table....

Go Spurs. I'm impressed with the passion.

Your an idiot. Just like every village needs and idiot, I guess every teams' forum needs one too, and you stand alone. I do give you credit for your talent to attract attention just like you want from your insanely stupid posts.