PDA

View Full Version : Now Rj will become a 20ppg player

Nathan89
01-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Right? Right?

You guys told me the reason he wasn't was the big 3. Hill got traded, Manu is injured, Tim is older. You fucks better be right.

:downspin:

dunkman
01-03-2012, 02:23 AM
Tony, RJ and Blair will have to carry the team. Timmy looks near done and Manu's out for most of the season. The problem is that players like RJ, Blair and Splitter play better with Manu than with Parker. Pop hopefully have plays designed for Jefferson, otherwise it will be complicated.

Neal is also an talented offensive player. Not sure in what kind of form will return from the surgery, though.

baseline bum
01-03-2012, 02:45 AM
I hope not; missing the playoffs and getting a good pick is the best-case scenario for this season. Tim and Tony are going to be worn into the ground and Manu isn't ever going to be 100% this season.

angelbelow
01-03-2012, 03:15 AM
I hope not; missing the playoffs and getting a good pick is the best-case scenario for this season. Tim and Tony are going to be worn into the ground and Manu isn't ever going to be 100% this season.

Why the fuck not.. it would be the non-emotional/logical thing to do in our situation.. but it goes against honor, the spirit of competition, and all that other idealistic stuff. We tank and end up with a top 5.. now that would be some damn good "corporate knowledge." (Ofcousre, we'd have to get our star of the future.)

This draft is supposed to be pretty deep right? Top 5 picks are all solid right?

baseline bum
01-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Why the fuck not.. it would be the non-emotional/logical thing to do in our situation.. but it goes against honor, the spirit of competition, and all that other idealistic stuff. We tank and end up with a top 5.. now that would be some damn good "corporate knowledge." (Ofcousre, we'd have to get our star of the future.)

This draft is supposed to be pretty deep right? Top 5 picks are all solid right?

The draft is outstanding; there are tons of legit forward prospects: Davis, Drummond, Sullinger, Jones III, Henson are all pretty strong prospects at the 4, and Barnes, Kidd-Gilchrist, Miller, and Jones are promising options at the 3. I haven't watched Kansas nor Washington this year so I can't say anything about Robinson nor Ross, but even without them this draft is legit. Not so strong at the guard positions though; I really think Lamb is overrated and Rivers just looks like a chucker any time I watch Duke.

angelbelow
01-03-2012, 03:36 AM
The draft is outstanding; there are tons of legit forward prospects: Davis, Drummond, Sullinger, Jones III, Henson are all pretty strong prospects at the 4, and Barnes, Kidd-Gilchrist, Miller, and Jones are promising options at the 3. I haven't watched Kansas nor Washington this year so I can't say anything about Robinson nor Ross, but even without them this draft is legit. Not so strong at the guard positions though; I really think Lamb is overrated and Rivers just looks like a chucker any time I watch Duke.

That's good to know. If we were to end up low enough to be in a top 5 position at the 2012 NBA draft.. at least we'd be in a great position.

With Manu out, we should still be able to make the playoffs, the question now is if that's worth it considering the the strength of the draft. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how these next few weeks shape up..

-We click on all cylinders and we continue to win.. or
-We completely fall part and seriously consider the possibility of tanking.

bluebellmaniac
01-03-2012, 04:21 AM
In a best case scenario (long term-wise), I could see us tanking for a top lottery pick while getting great productivity from RJ. RJ having big numbers could be the ticket to moving him after this season. Combine that with the cap space of Timmy retiring (looking like a good idea thus far), and we could make a hell of a run at some FA after this season to match up with a great draft pick.

The down side is that a tanked season could create turmoil in our world class FO. It also would create empty seats at games and then would come the inevitable talks of moving the team.

Double edged sword those top draft picks...