PDA

View Full Version : This looks a lot like the LA series '04

vanvannen
06-17-2005, 08:53 AM
First of all, I am NOT jumping off the bandwagon. I am with the Spurs all the way, and I know this team can get the momentum back and regain the control of this series.
However, I see this series very much as the Lakers series last year, when PJ adjusted his strategy and raped our asses. It seems that Detroit found a way to stop TD, make Ginobili look useless and control the boards as if we were a bunch of high school cheerleaders on wheelchairs.
I don't want the homer posts such as "it's just 2 games, we'll turn it around, believe" crap. I want real insight on why you guys think we can change this back. Some poster said "remember the Seattle series". This is nothing like Seattle. Seattle didn't fucking blew us out. I think LB took a look at Phil's last year's tapes and we are in deep shit now.

GrandeDavid
06-17-2005, 09:00 AM
The Spurs can turn this around by instilling lots of motion into their offense on Sunday, by having Tim Duncan move around more to find different spots near the paint. They can certainly force the issue a bit more by driving hard into the lane, trying to draw some fouls. I really think alot of this is mental as well. Tim has got to get his freaking head back into this series. I do not want to see him bark one damn time at the refs on Sunday. But I do want to see him push and shove and bite and kick the Wallaces. By any means necessary.

The Spurs need to treat Game 5 like an elimination game and let it all hang out. They can lose that game and still win the championship, but they cannot get routed again. If they can at least keep it very, very close (hopefully win), I think they can bust the Pistons' asses in Game 6 and force that anything can happen Game 7.

Homer or not, crazy or not, I still think the Spurs can get this done in 6 games.

boutons
06-17-2005, 09:01 AM
"a way to stop TD"

Rasheed is this year's Karl.

The Pistons are packing the paint, just like the Lakers, obtaining the same results.

Pop is such a hard-head, and Tim such a finessing wimp when defended hard, I wil not be surprised if the Spurs go 2-4.

Last night was supposed to be the comeback/respond game, but it was an overwhelming surprise.

Spurs 2-4 now will not be a surprise.

Spurs at risk of being the NBA's Buffalo Bills.

Go Spurs Go

ginobme
06-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Dude, relax take a breathe...okay, its not about tapes and figuring something out. Detroit has stepped up their intensity, and are rushing the guard with their big men on screen roll. They are also pressuring the entry pass to duncan in the post very well. Due to the preassure the pass comes late and duncan has been moved from his spot. Thats it! Thats all they've changed or are doing better from games 1 and 2.

The rest is a combination of being more physical, having everyone score (ie ben wallace and hunter) all the calls going their way and playing at home. It all starts and ends with duncan, yes manu has been getting the hype and points as of late, but we play best inside out and if we can just get the ball to duncan where he wants and more importantly when he wants it, everything else will fall into place. at least in my opinion.

vanvannen
06-17-2005, 09:53 AM
I think Pop should run some drills this off days to focus on the double teaming of Manu and getting the ball to TD. Besides, the Spurs should keep rotating the ball and find the open man.

SWC Bonfire
06-17-2005, 09:54 AM
Re: This looks a lot like the LA series '04

Then we should have a pretty damn good shot at winning the game Sunday.

vanvannen
06-17-2005, 10:55 AM
hehe. :lol Hope so. :smokin

pistonswininsix
06-17-2005, 10:57 AM
First of all.........you guys kicked our collective asses in the 1st two games......one would have not been surprising,two was very surprising. Now,what is not surprising to this die-hard Pistons fan for the last 35 years,is that LB and the team figured your lame excuse of stardom in Ginobli and have minimized Duncan to an overrated wanna be. I used to have the utmost respect for Tim as a player and a man...now I just respect him as a man.
You all cry about not getting calls etc..........how is it that Ginobli flys into the paint and commits O-foul after another and never gets called on it......3 in the first half last night.
Also, you blame it on being in our crib..........our fans are the best,except for the Indiana fiasco in Nov,but the Spurs have no intensity,no offense,no defense and no clue..............
Good luck the rest of the way......you're going to need it..........the Pistons have the Spurs exactly where they want them.........on their heels,scratching the long,greasy hairy heads and wondering how in the hell they can ever win a series against a team that outmatches and outplays them in every aspect of the game...including coaching..........what did Pop say after the first half last night?---------addressing HIS team----you cant shoot,you cant play defense,you cant adjust-------I dont know........you guys figure it out...........I dont have any idea.........what the hell is that?
Its called not being to come up with an idea to stop the World Champions.......back to the drawing board......might as well pack the golf clubs up,grab a beer or two.....and head for the course........lots of luck SA
Detroit Pistons repeat as World Champs 2 years in a row---- WE ROCK!!!!!!!!!

Dex
06-17-2005, 10:58 AM
:lmao

If .4 happens again, I think we should just take it as a sign and become Stars fans. :rolleyes

SpursWoman
06-17-2005, 11:01 AM
First of all.........you guys kicked our collective asses in the 1st two games......one would have not been surprising,two was very surprising. Now,what is not surprising to this die-hard Pistons fan for the last 35 years,is that LB and the team figured your lame excuse of stardom in Ginobli and have minimized Duncan to an overrated wanna be. I used to have the utmost respect for Tim as a player and a man...now I just respect him as a man.
You all cry about not getting calls etc..........how is it that Ginobli flys into the paint and commits O-foul after another and never gets called on it......3 in the first half last night.
Also, you blame it on being in our crib..........our fans are the best,except for the Indiana fiasco in Nov,but the Spurs have no intensity,no offense,no defense and no clue..............
Good luck the rest of the way......you're going to need it..........the Pistons have the Spurs exactly where they want them.........on their heels,scratching the long,greasy hairy heads and wondering how in the hell they can ever win a series against a team that outmatches and outplays them in every aspect of the game...including coaching..........what did Pop say after the first half last night?---------addressing HIS team----you cant shoot,you cant play defense,you cant adjust-------I dont know........you guys figure it out...........I dont have any idea.........what the hell is that?
Its called not being to come up with an idea to stop the World Champions.......back to the drawing board......might as well pack the golf clubs up,grab a beer or two.....and head for the course........lots of luck SA

I think that post damaged my corneas.

Dex
06-17-2005, 11:03 AM
You're not supposed to stare directly into it.

violentkitten
06-17-2005, 11:04 AM
piston fan shows up after game 4. go figure.

geerussell
06-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Spurs at risk of being the NBA's Buffalo Bills.

Two trophies cancel that notion regardless of how this series turns out. The Bills never won anything.

I suspect that what is being revealed now and last year is just how valuable David Robinson was.

spur219
06-17-2005, 11:12 AM
That and the Spurs are playing the way the Lakers did last year in the Finals.

Dex
06-17-2005, 11:15 AM
You guys do realize this is why we play a new set of games every year, right?

Arsenal of Democracy
06-17-2005, 11:42 AM
piston fan shows up after game 4. go figure.

Dude - How many threads are you going to post this same comment on? You really need some new material. And not the racist stuff I've seen you spewing .

A.O.D.

GrandeDavid
06-17-2005, 12:48 PM

You are an asshole and probably in need of an education. You especially know nothing about basketball. Now go piss off.

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 12:52 PM

any psychologists in here that can help out this poor kid?

vanvannen
06-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Kori, Timvp. I think there is a lot of banning to do...

BillsCarnage.
06-17-2005, 01:25 PM
But it NOT the '04 series, so ya don't know how it'll turn out yet. Two blowout does not a series make.

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Dude - How many threads are you going to post this same comment on? You really need some new material. And not the racist stuff I've seen you spewing .

right because the racist stuff that some Pistons fans have spewed is ok. :rolleyes

pistonswininsix
06-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Hey GrandeDavid
Just look at your nick for your delusions of grandeur.......look it up cretin-boy............
I knew as I was writing my post that no one would be capable of actually debating my observations........just sophmoric name-calling........thank you so much for fulfilling my obvious low expectations......
And,by the way,simpleton,I am completing my Masters of Science in IT Security......how's that GED coming?
Ha.........SPURS = LOSERS......have fun .....un hombrecitodavid..................

geerussell
06-17-2005, 02:41 PM
right because the racist stuff that some Pistons fans have spewed is ok. :rolleyes

So you give him a free pass because some unnamed others were just as bad?

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 02:42 PM
not at all....none of it is appropriate but you seemed to ignore the stuff coming from the Pistons fans.

sa_butta
06-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Now,what is not surprising to this die-hard Pistons fan for the last 35 years,is that LB and the team figured your lame excuse of stardom in Ginobli and have minimized Duncan to an overrated wanna be. Die hard Pistons fan for 35 years :lol :lol
Sounds like a Mousekateer.

SpursWoman
06-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey GrandeDavid
Just look at your nick for your delusions of grandeur.......look it up cretin-boy............
I knew as I was writing my post that no one would be capable of actually debating my observations........just sophmoric name-calling........thank you so much for fulfilling my obvious low expectations......
And,by the way,simpleton,I am completing my Masters of Science in IT Security......how's that GED coming?
Ha.........SPURS = LOSERS......have fun .....un hombrecitodavid..................

If................................................ ..............................you k..................ne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!w o<<<<<<<<<<<<<f to create a legible post then people would be more than happy to discuss b>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>asketball with you.

As your pos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ts s{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{tand, it's not even worth the bother of trying to figure out WTF you were________________________ trying to say.

texbumTHElife
06-17-2005, 02:47 PM
What the Spurs have to do is very simple. They need to look at what the Pistons are doing and emulate it exactly.

On offense stay in control and take your time. Dont force the action. If you can do this you can run 1-2 plays and create the mismatches. This is when Ginobili and Duncan can be very effective. Also, Ginobili must start to split the double team instead of just stopping his drive at the first sight of Ben Wallace. Wallace is quick but he cannot keep up with Ginobili. Parker, when you get down low and they collapse on you, guess who is wide open. That would be 2 time MVP Tim Duncan, get him the damn ball. Tim, catch and make your move immidiately. Stop waiting for the double team to come. Stop spinning into the double team. Catch and make your move right then.

Defense, pressure the ball. Tony Parker looks scared to foul people. He has the quick to play right up on any guard in the NBA. He needs to be in Chauncey's shorts the entire game. Once again guys, go under the pick instead of over or through it. They are running the exact same high pick and roll that Phoenix killed us with. When are we going to make adjustments?

Overall, this team need to just STOP playing scared. Ginobili is scared of Ben Wallace. Tim Duncan is scared of getting blocked. Tony Parker is scared to foul. Stop playing scared! This is the NBA Finals. This is what you play the game for! If we continue to be intimidated and play scared this series IS over.

geerussell
06-17-2005, 02:50 PM
not at all....none of it is appropriate but you seemed to ignore the stuff coming from the Pistons fans.

You also didn't see me defending it, as you are in this thread, regardless of where it came from.

WayDowntownBang
06-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Hey GrandeDavid

Does no one else find this .. disturbing and freaking HILARIOUS at the same time?

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 02:55 PM
You also didn't see me defending it, as you are in this thread, regardless of where it came from.

im not defending it at all. In fact I said...

not at all....none of it is appropriate but you seemed to ignore the stuff coming from the Pistons fans

Please show me where I defended it.