PDA

View Full Version : What can Pop do/run to get manu going again?

TMSKILZ
06-17-2005, 09:03 AM
Sure DET has a lot to do with Manu's past 2 performances (or lack there of) but what can Pop do (adjustments) to get manu more touches?

They've taken Manu away which has taken away 1/2 of our scoring.

Our DEF hasn't been the best on transition. Manu has to get going & attack more. It's obvious DET is going to stick to their formula (which the Fakerz used after 2 games last yr on us) to crowd the middle & pick-n-roll & force us to beat them on the perimeter.

Det made some lucky tough shots with solid DEF by us which i think kind of discouraged the Spurs. Our DEF hasn't been terrible for 48 mins, we've had stretches where we've caused 24 sec violations or deflected shots, but DET would always seem to get the REB & get 2nd chance shots & scores. Seems like TD only one REB, DET is crashing the boards on both sides, we have to take advantage of that & dart to the other side for quick scores like Games 1 & 2.

TD has to be more aggressive down low from the get go & draw fouls, only way to counteract DET being physical & getting away with hacks. TP has to continue to attack the paint like he did all by his lonesome self in Game 3, can't stop being aggressive.

dn0
06-17-2005, 09:40 AM
get a real PG.

GrandeDavid
06-17-2005, 09:42 AM
^:lol

The Spurs are in big trouble if that's the case. Beno is obviously not having any Speedy Claxton moments thus far.

SWC Bonfire
06-17-2005, 09:48 AM
The pistons were coming out and doubling Manu past the 3pt line. The spur setting the pick (Nazr usually) is TOTALLY INEFFECTIVE.

The other side of that is: the spur setting the pick is TOTALLY OPEN once the doubleteam comes.

Manu needs to get some give & go going on the high pick. Spurs are going to have to find a way to make this happen.

ginobme
06-17-2005, 10:00 AM
The pistons were coming out and doubling Manu past the 3pt line. The spur setting the pick (Nazr usually) is TOTALLY INEFFECTIVE.

The other side of that is: the spur setting the pick is TOTALLY OPEN once the doubleteam comes.

Manu needs to get some give & go going on the high pick. Spurs are going to have to find a way to make this happen.

he can't make a pass over wallace and prince, at least not one that Nazr could handle. I liked what they did early with bowen making the entry pass to duncan, but they got away from it for some reason. The few time i remember seeing it always had positive results.

TMSKILZ
06-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Our BIG 3 are not coming through collectively as they did in the 1st two games. Manu has been absent these past 2 games, TP showed up Game 3.

sa_butta
06-17-2005, 10:27 AM
he can't make a pass over wallace and prince, at least not one that Nazr could handle. Somebody tell me why when he does get a good pass he is waiting for the defender and waiting for a call? Even Duncan did it a couple of times last night. I have said before and Ill say it again Nazr has butterfingers he plays like Malik on offense.

The Big Chicken
06-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Spurs defence was not good last night, as a matter of fact it sucked big time. Bad defence, less Fast Break Pts (DET 22 - SAS 10), TO were 18-4. If there are no easy points than it is harder to score against DET defence when it is fully organised. And besides the whole team was off, missing lay ups, there was little running,...

I think better defence will Manu get going again, and with Rasho I think they can improve their D.