PDA

View Full Version : What kind of team are we?

George Gervin's Afro
06-17-2005, 09:22 AM
We have wilted the past 2 games plain and simple. I do also keep getting the 04 series feeling as well but I am trying to keep some optimism. Our history in these situations is not good and we do not , or rather have not, respod well in any way. It is is very clear that there is a pattern developing amongst certain players who are important to this team consistently. Good teams have figured out how to slow our offense to a halt and at some point we will have to admit that we must adapt to what other teams are doing to us and taking what they will give us. Great teams can impose their will on their opponents but they also have the ability to adapt. The 04 series and this series I see us running into a brick wall over and over and over again. I wish not to call out any of our players but if someone cannot get over this hump they may never be able to do it. One player has continually been taken out of his game in the 2003 WCF, 2003 Finals, 2004 West Semis, and games 3 & 4 of this series and at what point to do start to ask will he ever conquer these situations or will he always be a great regular season player and avg playoff player or will he take the next step. Then again I ask what kind of team are we? I will never stop pulling for our guys but I am coming to a point to wonder if our team will wilt again and again.