PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker Is The Real Problem (read this at least)

TheAfricanFan
06-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Even Shaq would be 6 for 17 if he had 3 guys on him. No excuse for Tim's softness of late but if we had a real Point Guard we would have a lot of open shots for our shooters and would space up the court for the other players.How come our guard can dish more than 3 assists a game???? This guy doesn't even know how to defend. He doesn't play for the team, he plays for his floaters and his girlfriend. When was the time that you saw Tony Parker find a single open man on court??? He is soft and disappears when his akward jump shot is not fallin or somebody puts a body on him. Chicago really didn't have a true point guard in MJ's era but they knew where and when to find the open player, the same with the lakers in Kobe and Shaq's era.

Tony is one dimensional limited player with no basketball IQ unable to complete simple pick and roll plays to dish off penetration.

I think that Carlos Arroyo plays better than him right now, even Alvin Williams would be a better fit than Tony for me.

I don't even care if he scores 20 if he can't play like a PG and stay in front of any PG in this league...

HE IS THE REASON TIM IS STRUGGLIN' , MANU CAN'T PENETRATE AND HORRY HAS NOT BEEN AS EFFECTIVE THIS 2 LAST GAMES.!!!!

We BELIEVE - SPURS IN 6, THEN TRADE PARKER...

ginobme
06-17-2005, 09:45 AM
vs Denver 5.8 ass
vs Seattle 4.3
vs Pheonix 4.2

Thats decent considering he's averaged 6.1 for the season. They are just clogging the middle when he tries to penetrate. Tim duncan is not getting good position down low and there is nowhere for Tony or Manu to drive the basketball. We play inside out remember, we are rolling when we play outside in but it starts with duncan and the inside out game.

bigzak25
06-17-2005, 09:47 AM
he needs to drive more and shoot less, no doubt. but it's a team effort getting your ass kicked like that.

caŽlo
06-17-2005, 11:35 AM
not to bash or take anything away from parker.. but he doesnt have a SOLID point in his game.

hes not good the ft's.

he aint that much of a sharp shooter. both at 3s and 2. and hes kinda streaky.

hes good at layups though but the problem is if that gets shut down his game will collapse coz he wont be able to do anything anymore.

kevm2
06-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Hell, Parker wasn't all that out there, but did you see Beno out there? You're telling me you'd rather have Beno out there? It just looks like we're fucked at the PG position right now until one of these two guys step it up next game.

T Park
06-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Im not advocating parkers play last night but tell me this.

Whos out there that you would trade Parker for?

23 years old, and has improved every year.

?!?!!

Whatever.

ALVAREZ6
06-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Parker for Boykins!!!

E20
06-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Boykins is garbage.

jcrod
06-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Here's another :hang

tim_duncan_fan
06-17-2005, 11:45 AM
he's alot better than parker and if he was the same height as other point guards he'd have a starting spot on a team at least.And he can do EVERY point guard function pass,shoot,crossover anything.Which one of those skills does parker have? Parker is really just a stupid little kid who lucked into the NBA.

DDS4
06-17-2005, 11:48 AM
Parker will never be a John Stockton type of point guard. Nor should he be.

Parker needs to score in order for us to win. It's proven fact.

The Mask
06-17-2005, 11:48 AM
Billups has a huge strength advantage over any PG. I have not seen anyone that matches favorably against him. He is clearly a top 5 PG. Tinsley always has trouble with him too, and I see similarity between Jamaals game and Tony's. Damon Jones couldn't even come close. Size matters.

The Mask
06-17-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm not going to atack TP, since I think that he is not playing as bad as TD, BBarry, and MN...but if he instead of giving touch fouls, he just let one big swing go, and hammer Billups in "the kisser", hard enough to get some of those "Bugs Bunny" frontal teeth loose...the dynamics of the game might become different. He needs to be physical too! :cuss

I'm sure Billups is scared of getting hit by Parker! :rolleyes

Extra Stout
06-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Tony Parker is not the problem. If any one player is the problem, it's Tim Duncan. He's too good to be shut down by a single defender, yet so far any one of the three Detroit big men have been able to do just that.

The Mask
06-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Tony Parker is not the problem. If any one player is the problem, it's Tim Duncan. He's too good to be shut down by a single defender, yet so far any one of the three Detroit big men have been able to do just that.

Detroit never doubles, ask Shaq or Jermaine O'neal. The Western Conference is void of the solid bigs like DET has. There may be one on a team but seldom 3 plus Prince. That takes away the Spurs open outside looks. Games 1&2 it was the penetration that killed DET. Take that away and you have Games 3 & 4.

whottt
06-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Parker could wind up making Stockton look like a scrub for all we know...Stockton wasn't even a starter in the NBA until he was 23 or 24 years old...He didn't have his first Stocktonesque season until he was 25.

Extra Stout
06-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Detroit never doubles, ask Shaq or Jermaine O'neal. The Western Conference is void of the solid bigs like DET has. There may be one on a team but seldom 3 plus Prince. That takes away the Spurs open outside looks. Games 1&2 it was the penetration that killed DET. Take that away and you have Games 3 & 4.I could believe that Detroit would use the old Bill Russell strategy and contain Duncan in single coverage. But under that scenario, Duncan still gets his points, much like Shaq did last year. I've never seen anybody singlehandedly shut him down. The Pistons are getting the best of both worlds, and it's why the Spurs have trouble cracking 70 points.

Seriously, even as good as Detroit's bigs are, they aren't good enough to make Tim Duncan a non-factor on offense unless he helps them do so. If they really were that good, they'd have swept Indiana and Miami.

GrandeDavid
06-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Even Shaq would be 6 for 17 if he had 3 guys on him. No excuse for Tim's softness of late but if we had a real Point Guard we would have a lot of open shots for our shooters and would space up the court for the other players.How come our guard can dish more than 3 assists a game???? This guy doesn't even know how to defend. He doesn't play for the team, he plays for his floaters and his girlfriend. When was the time that you saw Tony Parker find a single open man on court??? He is soft and disappears when his akward jump shot is not fallin or somebody puts a body on him. Chicago really didn't have a true point guard in MJ's era but they knew where and when to find the open player, the same with the lakers in Kobe and Shaq's era.

Tony is one dimensional limited player with no basketball IQ unable to complete simple pick and roll plays to dish off penetration.

I think that Carlos Arroyo plays better than him right now, even Alvin Williams would be a better fit than Tony for me.

I don't even care if he scores 20 if he can't play like a PG and stay in front of any PG in this league...

HE IS THE REASON TIM IS STRUGGLIN' , MANU CAN'T PENETRATE AND HORRY HAS NOT BEEN AS EFFECTIVE THIS 2 LAST GAMES.!!!!

We BELIEVE - SPURS IN 6, THEN TRADE PARKER...

You make some damn good points. Parker has lots to prove on Sunday because we all know Beno will be no Speedy.