PDA

View Full Version : Church of Ike Diogu is now in session

Amuseddaysleeper
01-04-2012, 03:16 PM
What a beast around the boards. So glad to see him and Tiago tear it up at the rim.

Instant offense!

This will be bumped after the Warriors game.

Libri
01-04-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm in.

Leftyventricle
01-04-2012, 03:26 PM
he seems cool.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/120104_diogu_shoot

ginobilized
01-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Hope to see him in action tonight!

phxspurfan
01-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Yes I'd love to see more minutes for Ike Mensah-Bonsu. Oh wait

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-04-2012, 04:25 PM
I like Ike. :D

Dex
01-04-2012, 04:27 PM
http://images.wikia.com/southpark/images/f/f5/Ike_2.png
Don't kick the goddamn baby!

TimmehC
01-04-2012, 04:39 PM
^ I am now confident that Diogu will be awesome for the Spurs.

angelbelow
01-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Just don't overhype him guys. I hate to bring up the negatives but I'm just trying to be realistic. I watched him play for the clippers and he was nothing special. He's not really a prospect anymore.. failed carve a role for himself on numerous bad teams that need his presence. IMO hes just a 5th big and round out rosters and is good for injury insurance and depth.

I'm happy to have him though, for many reasons.
-Depth, we needed a 5th big badly.
-Scoring, now that Manu's out, any scoring to lighten the load for Timmay and Parker is greater welcomed.
-We will HAVE to sit Timmay for some of these games, having our 3 bigs would be incredibly thin.
-He might be able to show Blair a thing or two, as they are similar players but I think Blair has way more of an upside. With that said, Ike is more polished offensively than Blair at the moment. (imo.. just barely though.)

boutons_deux
01-04-2012, 06:09 PM
I like Ike. :D

you're way too Americanzied. :)

I doubt many here know WTF you're referrring to.

Spurtacus
01-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Just don't overhype him guys. I hate to bring up the negatives but I'm just trying to be realistic. I watched him play for the clippers and he was nothing special. He's not really a prospect anymore.. failed carve a role for himself on numerous bad teams that need his presence. IMO hes just a 5th big and round out rosters and is good for injury insurance and depth.

-Scoring, now that Manu's out, any scoring to lighten the load for Timmay and Parker is greater welcomed.
-We will HAVE to sit Timmay for some of these games, having our 3 bigs would be incredibly thin.
-He might be able to show Blair a thing or two, as they are similar players but I think Blair has way more of an upside. With that said, Ike is more polished offensively than Blair at the moment. (imo.. just barely though.)

Every new Spurs is overhyped here. Then when they get some playing time...

therealtruth
01-04-2012, 06:32 PM

Ike's definitely more polished. He can finish around the basket with either hand and he can hit the jumpshot. If Blair could finish with either hand he might not miss so many easy ones. I think this move will be great if it can reduce Bonner/Blair combinations and allow more TD/Splitter combinations. Playing TD/Splitter together really helps the Spurs defensively. And as Splitter gets better they can make opponents pay on offense.

callo1
01-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Hes a black hole. Poor defender, all this when we could have had Spreights. He solid as a second unit guy but we didnt need another scorer.

Im going to spin this the other way:

When down low he takes the ball to the rim with force. Has never played with a team that put an emphasis on defense, but he can play fair to good D in the Spurs system. I agree that he is a solid second unit guy, and we need another guy on the team with the cojones to bang down low, score inside, and get to the line...he can do that.

"We didn't need another scorer"??? When is having another scoring option down low ever a bad thing? You don't have to run a single play for this guy, he will play his role as a garbage man and clean up some of the soft shots other players put up.

Remember something about Blair...he is playing well right now, far beyond what we expected of him at the start of the season, but Blair is helped out greatly by Manu being on the court with him. No Manu = reduced efficiency for Blair.

As much respect as I have to Timmy, I hate to say this, but we all see it...the wheels are falling off right now, for all to see. Outside of two games so far, Timmy has looked completely out of gas.

Anything that can save TD is a plus in my book. Timmy has the ability to have a big game here and there still, but not if he has to play on the block like the old days...the days of Tim consistently producing down low are gone, and Blair won't hold up if he has to bang down low each and every night. Factor in Bonner being Bonner...no further comment is needed.

Splitter is progressing well no doubt, especially defensively, but he isn't a banger on offense and I doubt he ever will be.

I look at Ike and am reminded a bit of the role that Jerome Kersey had to play. I am not sugesting that they have the same skill set, but when JK came to SA with his dimished athletic ability, he adjusted his game and played his role very well.

Most fans on this forum would have been happy to sign Kendrick Perkins last year, as evidenced by the activity on this board when he was available. I don't see Ike as much different than Perkins with the exception that Ike can't deliver the worthless pissed off stare like KP can, along with Ike actually having a better overall game than Perkins for less cash.

callo1
01-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Ike's definitely more polished. He can finish around the basket with either hand and he can hit the jumpshot. If Blair could finish with either hand he might not miss so many easy ones. I think this move will be great if it can reduce Bonner/Blair combinations and allow more TD/Splitter combinations. Playing TD/Splitter together really helps the Spurs defensively. And as Splitter gets better they can make opponents pay on offense.

Perfectly stated

Sense
01-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Church of Ike Diogu? really?

smh...

there's a reason this guy has been going from team to team.. and he was just picked up.. he'll probably pull the, "they gave me a shot and I won't let them down" kind of approach to this situation.. but I don't expect much out of him other than a couple of rebounds and fouls.

DPG21920
01-04-2012, 07:15 PM
smh... at that response.

8FOR!3
01-04-2012, 07:29 PM
I like the way this guy talks, he's pretty funny. The dude's an efficient scorer. Let's see if he gets some play time against the team that drafted him.

Darkwaters
01-04-2012, 08:00 PM

http://www.hakes.com/product_images/14/38310/001_small.jpg

slick'81
01-04-2012, 08:17 PM
well spurs do need a miracle

Bender
01-04-2012, 08:23 PM
http://www.hakes.com/product_images/14/38310/001_small.jpg

I voted for him.

rastaspur
01-04-2012, 08:37 PM
5 years in the NBA, Missed almost half his career with injury, Has only 65 assists in his career, Has never avg double figures.

Your a dumb fuck, Ill waive to you if the cam passes by courtside...dumb fuck!

Hilarious. T2s might be the biggest know it all pathological liar I have ever seen on this forum. And you can now add biggest douche. Don't make up so much crap and maybe your opinions, sources and theories would actually be credible and somewhat believable.

I never post, but damn, I can't help calling t2s out. I think I might just have to Be his shadow troll

01-04-2012, 08:50 PM
ike will get a double double

Blackjack
01-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Pretty decent signing. A little Drew Gooden-ish, but hopin for a Frye-ish turnabout to relevance.

dbestpro
01-04-2012, 09:45 PM

Those Americans that do not know need to go back to school.

Brutalis
01-05-2012, 02:19 AM
Ike used to have a ton of potential. Now, not so much. He hasn't been healthy for one entire season in his career. I don't see him lasting long here.

8FOR!3
01-05-2012, 03:34 AM
I thought Ike's performance tonight was without flaw.

G-Dawgg
01-05-2012, 09:03 AM
..I dream I move...I dream I groove...like Ike, if I could be like Ike......

Amuseddaysleeper
01-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Good performance from Ike, 10 points and 10 boards off a double double, I'll take it :tu

DAF86
01-05-2012, 11:20 PM
He looked like shit out there tbh.

Why didn't they just got a 7 foot stiff to put on the middle?

Amuseddaysleeper
01-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Because they knew they already had Gary Neal.

All jokes aside, yeah, would be nice to get someone with a little more size.

Buddy Holly
01-05-2012, 11:55 PM

Were you watching a different feed? KENS went dark with five minutes left.

DAF86
01-05-2012, 11:57 PM
I saw one with the Mavs comentators.

lefty
01-06-2012, 12:01 AM

Me too

( it was the Fox Southwest feed here in Canada)

Maddog
01-06-2012, 09:56 AM

same here NBA League pass now that I live outside SA
Ike looks really short- well maybe not Blair short, but short nonetheless
Is his money guaranteed?
If not I suspect he will become part of rotating bigs signed by the Spurs

SpurCharger
01-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Ike Looked Super Slow, He Had absolutely No Lift When Going Up For a Layup That He Got Blocked. He Looks way Out of shape, Probably 15 lbs Overweight. I dont think He Lasts 2 weeks.

G-Dawgg
01-06-2012, 12:53 PM

Because they have an old 6'11 stiff in the middle already...

SenorSpur
01-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Ike Looked Super Slow, He Had absolutely No Lift When Going Up For a Layup That He Got Blocked. He Looks way Out of shape, Probably 15 lbs Overweight. I dont think He Lasts 2 weeks.

Ike's dismal first showing paled in comparison to Gani Lawal.

jag
01-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Ike Diogu makes Francisco Elson look like a healthy Andrew Bynum.

The ADMIRAL 50
01-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Dude your a fuck head, do who even know what your talking about or who we are talking about. I get paid to scout players, my father was paid to scout for the Hawks and Rockets for 20 years, My brother is a asst coach in Euro Lg.

I played pro ball over seas for 2 years, Have been to the NCAA tourny, beat duke and help sign the players that got VCU to the final 4. So stop playing video games, I live the life.

I dont get why texas 2 step catches so much shit on this forum. If people railed on everyone who was wrong on a prediction or voiced their opinion of a player that was unpopular as much as they did this guy, we would have the unfriendliest forum on the web. I honestly can't help but believe that a lot of the people who antagonize him and discredit his credentials actually entirely believe his credentials and are jealous.

DAF86
01-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Because they have an old 6'11 stiff in the middle already...

And he's better than any other big in the team. I want another one of those.

Nathan89
01-07-2012, 12:46 AM
I dont get why texas 2 step catches so much shit on this forum. If people railed on everyone who was wrong on a prediction or voiced their opinion of a player that was unpopular as much as they did this guy, we would have the unfriendliest forum on the web. I honestly can't help but believe that a lot of the people who antagonize him and discredit his credentials actually entirely believe his credentials and are jealous.

:lmao

Bill_Brasky
01-07-2012, 01:17 PM

Isn't he the guy who's "sources" were telling him we were working on a trade and offering GH after we had already traded him to Indy?

jimo2305
01-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Dude your a fuck head, do who even know what your talking about or who we are talking about. I get paid to scout players, my father was paid to scout for the Hawks and Rockets for 20 years, My brother is a asst coach in Euro Lg.

I played pro ball over seas for 2 years, Have been to the NCAA tourny, beat duke and help sign the players that got VCU to the final 4. So stop playing video games, I live the life.

lol well damn.. :wow

Sense
01-11-2012, 06:08 PM
lol.

SenorSpur
01-11-2012, 06:13 PM
I believe it's time now for the villagers to put a flame torch to the Church of Diogu.

Darkwaters
01-11-2012, 06:15 PM
I'll board up the windows. Anybody want to help?

SenorSpur
01-11-2012, 06:18 PM
I'll board up the windows. Anybody want to help?

I'll be taking down the stained glass windows.

Anyone want the piano and the organ?

easy7
01-11-2012, 07:00 PM
I'll take the last offerings and tithes and may God bless you all..

Amuseddaysleeper
01-11-2012, 07:29 PM
We're still taking donations if anyone is willing

timtonymanu
01-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Should we just transfer all the unused pews to the church of Malcolm Thomas?

slick'81
01-11-2012, 08:40 PM
lol

SenorSpur
01-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Should we just transfer all the unused pews to the church of Malcolm Thomas?

Good idea. I'll also transfer the stained glass windows, the piano and organ over there too.

I wonder how long before we're forced to take a blow torch to the church of Malcolm Thomas?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2012, 11:24 PM
I hope he's off to Europe or China, because he's done in the NBA.

Good luck, Ike.

baseline bum
01-11-2012, 11:25 PM
:cry Crap, I was hoping for Pops Mensah-Bonsu-like run. :cry

buttsR4rebounding
01-12-2012, 03:55 AM
:cry Crap, I was hoping for Pops Mensah-Bonsu-like run. :cry

He'd have had to made it to MLK Day for that...:angel

dunkman
01-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Was short living . . . good luck to Ike.

Man In Black
01-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Is there where I can go to the newly converted Church of Malcolm Thomas?

stxspurs
01-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Do I need to get baptized...cuz If I do i need to buy a suit or something

Darkwaters
01-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Good idea. I'll also transfer the stained glass windows, the piano and organ over there too.

I wonder how long before we're forced to take a blow torch to the church of Malcolm Thomas?

Sorry, I call dibs on the organ. I'm transferring it to the "Church of the unsigned Spur who will come forth to replace TJ Ford in his time of injury."

wildbill2u
01-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Requiescat in pace

rastaspur
01-12-2012, 09:02 PM

Oh yeah. With such an impressive resume, you sure do have some shitty ass sources. Not one of your nuggets of info have been remotely close during fa period.

I too have played pro ball, get paid to scout, beat duke, etc. Additionally, I was a us senator, banged Heidi klum while I cuckolded seal, pissed on r Kelly for karmas sake and invented the pet rock. In short, I'm the dos equis guy.

spectator
01-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Sorry, I call dibs on the organ. I'm transferring it to the "Church of the unsigned Spur who will come forth to replace TJ Ford in his time of injury."

patty mills maybe?

Spursfan092120
01-12-2012, 11:09 PM
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/02/63/63/736485/3/628x471.jpg