PDA

View Full Version : Three Spurs on All-Star ballot

Spurs Brazil
01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/01/04/three-spurs-on-all-star-ballot/

Spurs players Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker are among the 120 players listed on the NBA’s All-Star ballot which was released Wednesday.

TDomination
01-04-2012, 05:22 PM
I'll still vote for Manu! He was playing like an MVP, sucks he got hurt

stephen jackson
01-04-2012, 05:40 PM
well prolly have none :(

mexicanjunior
01-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Duncan might be a lifetime achievement coach's selection but that's about it.

Em-City
01-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Duncan might be a lifetime achievement coach's selection but that's about it.

no way, he got that last year when there were more deserving candidates

mexicanjunior
01-04-2012, 05:56 PM
no way, he got that last year when there were more deserving candidates

With no Yao Ming to clutter up the voting, plus no Randolph...if he stays healthy, he could sneak in again.

TD21-FTW
01-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Too bad that Manu got hurt,...

wildbill2u
01-04-2012, 06:07 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/01/04/three-spurs-on-all-star-ballot/

Spurs players Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker are among the 120 players listed on the NBA’s All-Star ballot which was released Wednesday.

I hope Parker has a good season or we won't have anyone on the team.

elemento
01-04-2012, 06:08 PM
None of them make it

TD 21
01-04-2012, 06:12 PM
It's time they change the ballot to points-wings-bigs, or they can get used to having a non big star starting at center for the West.

Ginobili's injury will cost him what would have been a guaranteed spot.

Many thought Duncan being selected last season was a "career achievement award", even though he was clearly deserving. But because of that and the fact that two shoo-ins for this year, Aldridge and Bynum, didn't make it last year, he'd have had to have played at a higher level this season to make it. And with the way he's started, that's highly unlikely to say the least.

If Parker plays out of his mind with Ginobili out and keeps the Spurs in the thick of the playoff race, he'll have a good chance to make it though.

With Randolph, another would be guarantee, out, I'll predict . . .

Starters: F- Durant, Griffin, C- Bynum, G- Bryant, Paul

Bench: F- Aldridge, Gay, Love, Nowitzki, C- Gasol, G- Parker, Westbrook

Spurtacus
01-04-2012, 06:15 PM
I know its a short season but ballots out already? We're only 5 games in. Always has been a popularity contest.

therealtruth
01-04-2012, 06:41 PM
It's time they change the ballot to points-wings-bigs, or they can get used to having a non big star starting at center for the West.

Ginobili's injury will cost him what would have been a guaranteed spot.

Many thought Duncan being selected last season was a "career achievement award", even though he was clearly deserving. But because of that and the fact that two shoo-ins for this year, Aldridge and Bynum, didn't make it last year, he'd have had to have played at a higher level this season to make it. And with the way he's started, that's highly unlikely to say the least.

If Parker plays out of his mind with Ginobili out and keeps the Spurs in the thick of the playoff race, he'll have a good chance to make it though.

With Randolph, another would be guarantee, out, I'll predict . . .

Starters: F- Durant, Griffin, C- Bynum, G- Bryant, Paul

Bench: F- Aldridge, Gay, Love, Nowitzki, C- Gasol, G- Parker, Westbrook

Ginobili definitely deserved it after missing out several years. Duncan is probably done.

timtonymanu
01-04-2012, 06:41 PM
It doesn't look like any Spur will represent the all-star this year unless TP and TD pick up their level of play. Manu was good enough to get another selection, but he got hurt obviously.

I prefer they don't make the all-star team anyway. That will be the only time they'll get extended rest anyway.

007nites
01-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Come on everyone vote for TD and make him a 14 time all-star!

timtonymanu
01-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Come on everyone vote for TD and make him a 14 time all-star!

You're gonna have to convince thousands of Griffin and Durant fans to vote otherwise.

007nites
01-04-2012, 06:58 PM
You're gonna have to convince thousands of Griffin and Durant fans to vote otherwise.

I can see Timmy easily getting a reserve role. However, his time as a starter is over now.

MR.SILVER&BLack
01-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Why isnt TD under Center? he hasnt played forward for a few years now.

MR.SILVER&BLack
01-05-2012, 12:52 AM
Everyone choose danny green for your Write in pick. he was an allstar tonight.

Xevious
01-05-2012, 01:50 AM
Tim might have had a chance as a center reserve. No way as a forward. He isn't a forward anyway.

ElNono
01-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Who cares, tbh... for a few years now, the ASG has turned into a glorified stunt show for TNT...

Brutalis
01-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Who cares, tbh... for a few years now, the ASG has turned into a glorified stunt show for TNT...

This. The ASG has turned into a popularity contest and not what it SHOULD be which is a game for the best most deserving players in the current season.

Like college football and bowl games.. it's all about the money, nothing else.

timtonymanu
01-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Like I said, I hope Timmy doesn't make it. The ASB is the only time he can get extended rest. Forget the streak. 13 time all star is quite an accomplishment.

spectator
01-05-2012, 02:31 AM
i hope they get the rest as well; it won't surprise me if 4-5 players bail out of the asg this year, coming down with stomach aches, head aches, rolled body parts just before the game so they can get their rest.

also, timmy would probably not make it because the coaches would take gasol (from memphis) and nene at the center before him, if bynum gets injured. moreover, these players would probably be on teams with better records, making the decision veer away from duncan.

8FOR!3
01-05-2012, 03:33 AM
Where is Danny Green on this list??

Fireball
01-05-2012, 03:35 AM
our players need rest