View Full Version : Timvp better grade Pop an A tonight

gospursgojas
01-04-2012, 11:29 PM
:pop: Awesome coaching job :pop:

Switched Green on Ellis when he was lighting us up

Left Green in

Left Tj in

Tore up Tony verbally

He was a terror the entire 4th quarter on the sideline. Looked inspired once again.

ElNono
01-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Add getting on Tiago's grill

Bender
after tony made that teardrop, and pop was yelling at him, was it good yelling or bad yelling?

TDMVPDPOY
4th quarter pop goes into CIA mode...been waiting for this since our last championship.....

gospursgojas
01-04-2012, 11:38 PM
after tony made that teardrop, and pop was yelling at him, was it good yelling or bad yelling?

It was kinda both. I was like a "thats what how I want you to play every fucking game you french piece of shit!" yelling.

Seriously, if you didnt watch the game, hopefully you can find the vid somewhere. Pop not only laid into Tony put grabed his face and shoved him around a bit. IT WAS AWESOME.

Robz4000
01-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Could this be the old Pop making a reappearance? Hope it happens more often this season.

Bender
01-04-2012, 11:39 PM
I did watch the game, and yeah it looked bad to me... But on the post game show, they were acting like it was an "encouragement" pep talk type of thing...

Bill_Brasky
01-04-2012, 11:40 PM
It was the most animated I've seen Pop in a really long time. Great call on the hack-a-Kwame at the end too.

ggoose25
without ginobili, pop does more of the fire and brimstone. i like it

TDMVPDPOY

i think it was for bad play b4 that last basket he made, i think it was 2 bad plays he made...

gospursgojas
01-04-2012, 11:42 PM
I did watch the game, and yeah it looked bad to me... But on the post game show, they were acting like it was an "encouragement" pep talk type of thing...

Sean and Land said something like Pop was pissed about Tony slowing the game down, and then yelled at him to run the shit out. of the ball. Tony did that the very next play and hit the teardrop... so Pop was giving him a congratulatory reaming for applying his coaching. :lol

Magua
01-04-2012, 11:44 PM
He better give an A to the officials too for giving the spurs the boost they needed in the 4th

Spursfan092120
01-04-2012, 11:45 PM

Looked like a "That's how the fuck you play. If I see you slow the fucking ball down again, I'm going to CIA your ass to fucking Milwaukee" type of pep talk.

itzsoweezee
01-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Doubling teaming Monta from the baseline was genius. The Warriors were out of sync when Pop started doing that. Duncan's return to form on defense helped a lot too.

timvp
01-05-2012, 12:02 AM
:lol I should go change Pop's grade so it doesn't look like I was pressured into that A.

But yeah, regarding whether Pop was angry at Parker or was encouraging him, I'd say he was mostly angry. TP was just playing so damn stupidly that Pop almost imploded. Thankfully for TP, he hit that last shot before coming off the court or else Pop would have Bobby Knight'ed him.

And yes, it was really cool to see a flashback of 52-year-old Pop tonight rather than 62-year-old Pop.

gospursgojas
01-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Tony laughed it off of course.

A few plays later during a Kwame Brown free throw, Pop again yelled at Tony to get in position to box out his man ON THE 3 PT LINE. Tony gave a look to Tj who was also on the perimeter, like "are listening to this madman?" LOL

Lo and behold...Kwame missed and the rebound came out almost past the freethrow line. Rj ended up getting the board...but Pop knew whats up.

Splits
01-05-2012, 12:41 AM
:lol I should go change Pop's grade so it doesn't look like I was pressured into that A.

But yeah, regarding whether Pop was angry at Parker or was encouraging him, I'd say he was mostly angry. TP was just playing so damn stupidly that Pop almost imploded. Thankfully for TP, he hit that last shot before coming off the court or else Pop would have Bobby Knight'ed him.

And yes, it was really cool to see a flashback of 52-year-old Pop tonight rather than 62-year-old Pop.

I just wonder how long until this becomes the next Taco Cabana commercial. I mean, when't the last time Pop came off the bench like that? Dice tipin in LA? Someone post it.

TDMVPDPOY
01-05-2012, 12:48 AM
pops outburst

imo some of players have gotten past that, but in all seriousness, i hope the players are serious when pop goes out like that then shoving it off as nothing...cause every game is serious business...

looks like pop doesnt wanna tank this season, if we continue to pull out wins like this, hard fought wins

The Truth #6
01-05-2012, 01:38 AM
Great to see Pop explode on Tony, because Parker was completely out to lunch this game. For example, the hack-a-Kwame play...you know it's bad when Richard Fucking Jefferson makes the right play while Tony seemed to be intentionally fouling the wrong player.

Tony needed to step up big this game with the obvious hole left with Manu out. Instead, Parker isn't seen until the last few minutes of the game, and that's with Pop riding has ass. Horrible leadership by Tony. I'm not a fan of one player over another...but Tony made the wrong statement in this game. TJ Ford was doing his best Speedy Claxton impersonation out there to try and save the game.

ElNono
01-05-2012, 01:40 AM
:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry