PDA

View Full Version : what about manu?

ICE3000
06-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Everyones baggin on TD for havin bad games but what about manu? hes had 2 bad games as well and its not because of injury... it seems as if we forget how consitent Duncan is night in and night out and it is over shadowed by manu when he has a great game from time to time... all that is fine and dandy but I hate it when we lose and the only person we bag on is TD... if manu is goin to be treated like the second superstar then he must be held just as responsible for losses as Tim Duncan... Its not fair to Duncan that manu has the luxary to be put on a pedistle by the fans when we win and the luxary to be "jus a role player" when we lose

Wreck281Shop
06-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Who is Manu?

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 10:16 AM
the big nose dude who sucked last night.

Kori Ellis
06-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Manu sucked last night too. He thought he was Brent Barry in the first half -- either throwing up 3's or quickly passing off. No penetration at all. But for some reason, Spurs fans give Manu a pass.

That being said, Tim Duncan is the franchise. So this loss lays on his shoulders. What pisses me off about Duncan last night has nothing to do with his bad performance on the court. It has to do with his defeated look starting in the 3rd quarter. In the 3rd quarter down by 12-16 points, he was on the bench looking like someone died. How can your teammates believe that have a chance to win when their superstar has already conceded the loss so early. The Spurs didn't have to get blown out by 30. They gave up way too early. It's quite sickening in a Finals game.

But now it just comes down to a 3 game series with 2 of those games on the Spurs home floor. Not a horrendous position to be in. Not great position like they were in on Tuesday morning, but not that bad either.

The Big Chicken
06-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Tim was the best SAS player last night. IMHO

ALVAREZ6
06-17-2005, 10:19 AM
We all know Manu sucked for the past 2 games, who didn't?

We already know that, every single Spur with playing time sucked.

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 10:22 AM
But for some reason, Spurs fans give Manu a pass.

Its because...he's a Time Warner customer.

Are joo? :lol

Wreck281Shop
06-17-2005, 10:23 AM
ICE3000 has a valid point. Until Manu is held accountable for the games he fail and respond in kind he will never take the next step to being a prime time pressure player. Kori, why did you take my This Guy is Crazy pix down?

sa_butta
06-17-2005, 10:23 AM
What pisses me off about Duncan last night has nothing to do with his bad performance on the court. It has to do with his defeated look starting in the 3rd quarter..I feel the same way, it looked like they lost the finals already. I could not believe the way they folded in the second half. It seems they were playing not be blown out not really trying to win the game.

smeagol
06-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Manu, TD and TP are equally responsible, IMO. They are the big three. And they all sucked badly last night. I'm unpleasently surprised that both Manu and TD had two bad games in a row.

dn0
06-17-2005, 10:30 AM
What pisses me off about Duncan last night has nothing to do with his bad performance on the court. It has to do with his defeated look starting in the 3rd quarter. In the 3rd quarter down by 12-16 points, he was on the bench looking like someone died. How can your teammates believe that have a chance to win when their superstar has already conceded the loss so early.
That was a display of weakness, Tim is forced to be a leader on the spurs but it's not his nature and negatively affects the team.
I will be dissapointed if POP doesn't call his team out for the next game and demands blood.

Dingle Barry
06-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Tim looks like somebody died when we are winning by 20

spur219
06-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Well the thing is I see no hope of the Spurs adjusting to this Pistons attack. They obviously didn't learn from game 3. The Pistons aren't doing anything different that they did in games 1 and 2. All the Pistons did was pick up the energy. The Spurs need to realize that this is the NBA Finals.

GrandeDavid
06-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Manu sucked last night too. He thought he was Brent Barry in the first half -- either throwing up 3's or quickly passing off. No penetration at all. But for some reason, Spurs fans give Manu a pass.

That being said, Tim Duncan is the franchise. So this loss lays on his shoulders. What pisses me off about Duncan last night has nothing to do with his bad performance on the court. It has to do with his defeated look starting in the 3rd quarter. In the 3rd quarter down by 12-16 points, he was on the bench looking like someone died. How can your teammates believe that have a chance to win when their superstar has already conceded the loss so early. The Spurs didn't have to get blown out by 30. They gave up way too early. It's quite sickening in a Finals game.

But now it just comes down to a 3 game series with 2 of those games on the Spurs home floor. Not a horrendous position to be in. Not great position like they were in on Tuesday morning, but not that bad either.

I noticed the same thing. And I was extremely irked at seeing Pop patting Duncan's knee as Duncan stared blissfully in a robotic state. I also noticed in the third quarter a moment where Robert Horry tried to encourage Duncan as they walked on the floor and Duncan literally gave him the brush off and kept his head down. That really pissed me off and made me lose some respect for Duncan.

We'll really see what he's made of on Sunday.

jcrod
06-17-2005, 10:56 AM
Everyones baggin on TD for havin bad games but what about manu? hes had 2 bad games as well and its not because of injury... it seems as if we forget how consitent Duncan is night in and night out and it is over shadowed by manu when he has a great game from time to time... all that is fine and dandy but I hate it when we lose and the only person we bag on is TD... if manu is goin to be treated like the second superstar then he must be held just as responsible for losses as Tim Duncan... Its not fair to Duncan that manu has the luxary to be put on a pedistle by the fans when we win and the luxary to be "jus a role player" when we lose

Because for some weird reason, Manu can do no wrong. He never gets blamed, just annointed. Look how this thread is turning to TD sucked thread. Soon it will be TP.

Last night for example. We saw about 3-4 TP and TD sucked threads, but not one Manu.

They all sucked, share the freaking blame. All you'll read is Manu had a bad game, nothing more....nothing less.

SPURS IN 6!!!!!!!!!!!!

E20
06-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Manu neccisito que crecer las pelotas grandes!!!!

spur219
06-17-2005, 11:03 AM
Because the franchise is on TD's hands.

Ishta
06-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Timmy will show up ready to kill on Sunday

gus
06-17-2005, 11:40 AM
I am not a negative guy, but I think that we are toast. Even with Seattle our losses were close and I didn't panic, but the last game was a spank and more dangerous is that they took our timing and they are in our heads.

The only thing that can save us is Duncan putting a monster performance. Manu can't go thru the wall if no space is provided by the big guys. He can hit a couple of shots but he will not win the game by himself.

Gus

Uncle Donnie
06-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Manu has bailed us out of several losses in these playoffs when the leader of our team took the night off. Personally I'm much more inclined to give him a pass at this point, but that's just me.

tim_duncan_fan
06-17-2005, 12:15 PM
the reason manu gets the pass when comes to losses is because he is not the supposed team leader like Duncan is and you generally blame the leader for your losses because he's the leader.And the reason he gets credit for the wins is because alot of times even when other guys play well its him who puts us over the top. Kinda like when rasheed has 20 points and hamilton has 25 and they win the pistons generally say it was because of rasheed. And what do they say when rasheed doesn't produce? Usually they say the guards need to get him the ball more and its not his fault that he wasn't getting touches.