PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Character to Sign Arenas Is Low Risk/High Reward

Koolaid_Man
01-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Cully / Luva / Cobbler / Killa what do you think? I think Fish starting as token gesture is ok...but I think Blake and Arenas would be serviceable...If we cut Character and signed Arenas I think it's low risk...if he works out a line-up of

Kobe
Pau
Dwight
McRobrts / Murphy
Arenas

Would get the job done..Arenas when healthy will give Wade fits...

mavs>spurs
01-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Culburn quit for a month because we pounded that ass too hard, you might ask him in a month brah.

Koolaid_Man
01-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Culburn quit for a month because we pounded that ass too hard, you might ask him in a month brah.

what happend? I keep telling my man to fuck you guys up the ass with a broom stick laced with finely shredded shards of fiber glass...I'm hoping he takes my advice next time :lol

Spur_Fanatic
01-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Every so often, Kool actually talks NBA...

Kudos.

On topic, a humbled and healthy Arenas would fit nicely in the Lakers.
The guy would have to pass the ball quite often, though. But, why take the risk? The guy is a lockeroom cancer.

Just move Blake to starting PG. The guy is pretty decent.

cobbler
01-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Have to agree with Fanatic on this one.

Gilbert requires the ball too much and is a too much a risk to blow what chemistry the Lakers do have. On top of that, Blake seems like he has regained his confidence and is actually playing well. Fish is just going to get a few mins here and there and as you said get the token start.

I pass on GA.

Killakobe81
01-05-2012, 12:09 PM
I say why not. Kobe's wrist is worse than he is letting on because I think he is starting to be sensitive to the drama queen accusations...no, not the ones on here but guys like chuck etc that have called him out for it.

IF kobe needed a break to rest it ...Arenas would not be a bad guard to have. And every once in a while guys like that (remember Roy against the Mavs) get hot and resemble their prime selves. I doubt it happens often, but in a jacked up season like this one lets say that he has 4 games that reminds of of the the "old" Agent Zero instead of the old broken one, it would be worth it. Especially if we win say 3 of those 4 games ...

But I would use him as a backup 2/combo guard I dont like him as a PG ...only way it makes sense if maybe Kobe is playing with him ...

JamStone
01-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Unless his knees are magically healed, he's really of no use. Watching him on the Magic last year, he doesn't have the quickness and burst anymore that made him such a tough cover. The only way he becomes a serviceable player anymore is for him to take a Ron Harper approach to his career and re-invent himself. I'm not so sure Gilbert's ego will allow him to do that. Last year, he had a chance to prove himself on a good team with Orlando. He failed miserably to impress. I think he's done.

ElNono
01-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Bust... plus who's minutes is he supposed to be taking? Fisher? Kobe isn't going to shut down his record chasing at this point in his career.

Killakobe81
01-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Unless his knees are magically healed, he's really of no use. Watching him on the Magic last year, he doesn't have the quickness and burst anymore that made him such a tough cover. The only way he becomes a serviceable player anymore is for him to take a Ron Harper approach to his career and re-invent himself. I'm not so sure Gilbert's ego will allow him to do that. Last year, he had a chance to prove himself on a good team with Orlando. He failed miserably to impress. I think he's done.

Fair points, Jammy. But I think he could probably get hot as a catch and shoot guy. because he was always streaky ...I doubt he will ever regain those hesitation quick drive moves ...those days are over and besides the Lane will be congested in the lakers offense anyway ...I think the question is can he still shoot?

JamStone
01-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Last 4 seasons, he's shot 39% from the field and 31% from three point range.

His driving ability helped him get good looks for his jumper earlier on in his career. Defenders aren't scared of that anymore so they're free to play the jumper. I'm not convinced.

Ace
01-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Arenas I think it's low Arenas when healthy will give Wade fits...
:lmao

pass1st
01-05-2012, 02:20 PM
From Baron to Arenas

Spur_Fanatic
01-05-2012, 02:26 PM
I want Arenas in a Heat uni.

That team needs some drama.

Ace
01-05-2012, 02:44 PM
I want Arenas in a Heat uni.

That team needs some drama.

:nope N!gga Cole doing work...

VBM
01-05-2012, 03:13 PM
It'd be more fun if it was A.I. throwing on a Laker uni.

DMC
01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Marbury