PDA

View Full Version : Knicks coaching

Old School 44
01-05-2012, 10:58 AM
How long before Phil Jackson is called out of retirement to coach the Knicks?

jacobdrj
01-05-2012, 11:22 AM
The Knicks are poorly coached, but they are also poorly constructed. They have redundant talent in all the wrong places, and outside of Chandler, not 1 player who knows how or is willing to play 1 lick of defense... Why would Phil want to waste his time with not only a couple prima donna stars, but with a couple prima donna stars who have no interest in working half the game?

JamStone
01-05-2012, 11:26 AM
I think the Miami Heat is the only team Phil Jackson considers coming out of retirement for.

ElNono
01-05-2012, 11:47 AM
I think we might see Jeff Van Gundy in The Comeback

Old School 44
01-05-2012, 12:21 PM
I think the Miami Heat is the only team Phil Jackson considers coming out of retirement for.

Spoelstra recently signed an extension. Even if the Heat went downhill tomorrow, Riley would step in before he let Jackson coach the Heat and get all the credit.

Killakobe81
01-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Spoelstra recently signed an extension. Even if the Heat went downhill tomorrow, Riley would step in before he let Jackson coach the Heat and get all the credit.

This, no love lost between the two ...

Killakobe81
01-05-2012, 12:26 PM
The Knicks are poorly coached, but they are also poorly constructed. They have redundant talent in all the wrong places, and outside of Chandler, not 1 player who knows how or is willing to play 1 lick of defense... Why would Phil want to waste his time with not only a couple prima donna stars, but with a couple prima donna stars who have no interest in working half the game?

I wish more people woould get this ...i guess have extra big men is probably the only place it makes sense to not worry about having too many similar type of players ...

JamStone
01-05-2012, 12:30 PM

Don't disagree with that. I'm only suggesting that's the only team Phil Jackson would come out of retirement for. Not that it will happen. Sentiment aside, I don't think Phil Jackson would want any part of the Knicks coaching gig.

Old School 44
01-05-2012, 12:34 PM

I agree about being poorly constructed. I'm thinking Phil (or whoever) would package one of the prima donna's in a trade while they still had some value, probably Amare, for a guard like Deron Williams.

I can see the bright lights and the deep pockets of New York luring former Knick Jackson out of retirement. Has anyone coached teams to championships in any major sport in all three cities, Chicago, LA, New York?

pauls931
01-05-2012, 08:48 PM

Good call, but others are right in this is exactly the kind of team Phil would like to take over. Give him a ton of talent and he can manage it.

pass1st
01-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Phil going to Clips as coach, book it.