PDA

View Full Version : Guy that shows up to parties with a Guitar

IronMaxipad
01-06-2012, 02:55 PM
So I like having the occasional house party. I like getting all my crew up, getting some booze, putting some music on and everyone chatting and getting to know each other just chillin and shit.

And a large majority of the time that's how it goes. But occasionally someone will turn up with, of course, a fucking guitar.

Some of my friends are in garage bands and shit so they like to bring their guitars to parties and sit around having a 'jam', but the inevitable result of this is that everyone else at the party feels obliged to sit down, shut up and only open their mouth when a song is finished to tell the player how fantastic it was. You can't really talk over someone playing the guitar because it's rude and I've been told it's rude at my own parties by guitar players. But you can sit down and play a guitar over the top of people talking till they stop and give your ego a nice big wank when you're done. The inevitable result of guitars at parties is the few people who can actually play them becoming the focus of attention.

I've tried asking them not to bring them. They show up anyway. And if you ask them to go and play somewhere else they inevitably turn up in the living room or hallway again.

Fuck guitars at parties, guitars should be banned at all parties. Am I alone on this? Because I've received some backlash by banning them.

And why is it the only fucking song they know how to play is wonderwall?

TOODAY IS GONNA BE THE DAY THAT YOUR Ssomethin..somethin..BACK TO YOU

BY NOW YOU SHOULDA FOUND OUT siszosfs WHAT YOU HAD TO DO

I DON'T BELIEVE THAT ANYBOOOOOODY FEELS THE WAY I DO

*whole party chimes in*

ABOUT YOU NOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW

YOU'RE MY WONDERRRWAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL

fucking kill me

Drachen
01-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Mike Birbiglia

Viva Las Espuelas
01-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Take notes. Make us proud :toast
TvR6d08L3nc

monosylab1k
01-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Fuck guitars at parties, guitars should be banned at all parties. Am I alone on this? Because I've received some backlash by banning them.

And why is it the only fucking song they know how to play is wonderwall?

:lol

wonderwall, high and dry by radiohead, or anything from weezer's blue album. That's the complete catalog for the douchebag with the guitar at parties.

btw this is the greatest thread ever. and the reason they do it is so that they don't have to actually talk to girls and get rejected. they can just play the fucking guitar all night, show how arsty they are, and get the girls all lubed up without having to actually talk to them, for fear they'll show chicks what a cheesedick they really are.

redzero
01-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Don't leave me hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!
Don't leave me dryyyyyyyyyy!

TheMACHINE
01-06-2012, 03:36 PM
I would sing this song at a party if i knew how to play ;)

YyciIrU61lk

4>0rings
01-06-2012, 03:56 PM

wonderwall, high and dry by radiohead, or anything from weezer's blue album. That's the complete catalog for the douchebag with the guitar at parties.

btw this is the greatest thread ever. and the reason they do it is so that they don't have to actually talk to girls and get rejected. they can just play the fucking guitar all night, show how arsty they are, and get the girls all lubed up without having to actually talk to them, for fear they'll show chicks what a cheesedick they really are.

and also those songs are some of the easiest songs to ever play and sing to. 3-4 chords, rinse repeat.

CosmicCowboy
01-06-2012, 04:04 PM

I immediately thought of Duff McCartney...

greyforest
the obvious answer is to be the guy who says "hey i know how to play too" and then utterly, utterly slays them in a few moments without trying or caring.

"here's the guitar back, keep at it"

CosmicCowboy

I immediately thought of Duff McCartney...

Fpoonsie
01-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Mike Birbiglia

Viva Las Espuelas
01-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Echo

mrsmaalox
01-06-2012, 04:28 PM
They need the captive audience.

Frenzy
01-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Just take a trombone instead.

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Not to be outdone by "guy who brings his dog to the beach to pick up girls." And there's always the dbags who bring their dog and the acoustic. Drown those fucks in the ocean.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Just take a trombone instead.

The most vile instrument ever to be made

DarkReign
01-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Have a certain family member who does this all the time. I guess because he is family it doesnt bother me as much.

DarkReign
01-06-2012, 04:59 PM
They need the captive audience.

Think you nailed it.

4>0rings
01-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Have a certain family member who does this all the time. I guess because he is family it doesnt bother me as much.

Does anyone ask him the bring the guitar or does he just show up with it?

silverblk mystix
01-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Take notes. Make us proud :toast
TvR6d08L3nc

this was the first thing that popped in my head...

this'll do it...

DarkReign
01-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Does anyone ask him the bring the guitar or does he just show up with it?

The latter.

DMC
01-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Ask to hold the guitar, then throw it into the front yard. Tell the douchebag to get the fuck out. Grow some balls you sissy little catering faggots.

pawe
01-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Im the guy who brings the weed to the party. You have no idea how many chicks are lining up to blow me. j/k

Bender
01-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Viva beat me to the Animal House toga party scene... that's the first thing I thought of in the OP

(cant browse the internet afternoons at work anymore :()

redzero
01-06-2012, 07:51 PM
silverblk beat me to the Animal House toga party scene... that's the first thing I thought of in the OP

Yeah, you and 90% of the people who saw the thread title.

Bender
01-06-2012, 07:53 PM
see edited post... can't post in afternoons anymore... I'm late to everything now

Dex
01-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Goddamn Owen Wilson's nose is jacked up.

Sense
01-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Ask to hold the guitar, then throw it into the front yard. Tell the douchebag to get the fuck out. Grow some balls you sissy little catering faggots.