jeebus
01-06-2012, 04:32 PM
:lol

William Hung
01-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Real talk.

DMC
01-06-2012, 05:05 PM
I'd pay to watch that shit. That's the future of TV, no bullshit.

4>0rings
01-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Videos down. Fuck YT is fast.

NewcastleKEG
01-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Charles Barkley, never one to shy away from controversy, may get more than he bargained for after his off-air comments during Thursday's telecast of the Hawks (http://g.ajc.com/r/Cx/)-Miami Heat game went public.

In a video posted by a Twitter user, the former NBA star holds court during a commercial break, calling his new job as spokesman for Weight Watchers a scam. "I thought this was the greatest scam going, getting paid to watch sports, this Weight Watchers thing is a bigger scam."

He goes on to rip the Hawks. "Man, I can't stand to watch this Atlanta Hawks team play. ... The Hawks ... got nothing but a bunch of nice guys. If I were the Hawks ... I'd try to do anything to get Dwight Howard."
Fellow TNT analyst Reggie Miller chimes in, "He doesn't want to come here."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/barkley-pans-hawks-calls-1291786.html

endrity
01-06-2012, 05:51 PM
yep, down for me as well, can someone tell us what they said

redzero
01-06-2012, 06:07 PM
That vid was hilarious.

TE
01-06-2012, 06:08 PM
I fucking love Charles Barkley, no homo. Always speaking his mind :lmao

jag
01-06-2012, 06:50 PM
It's funny to hear that Kevin Harlan's everyday voice is the same as his basketball commentator's voice. He could commentate on people walking around at the grocery store and it'd be fairly exciting to watch on live TV.

WeNeedLength
01-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Anyone got another copy of the vid?? I'd love to see some truthful shit spoken lol.

Hahahaha found it! Suck it youtube, can't keep us down! :rollin

HHz9FsdiqJc

Hooks
01-06-2012, 07:28 PM
I don't think he was saying that its a scam, sounds like he's actually praising it. He has lost all that weight after all, I think he was saying that he feels like he's scamming them because its so easy, he even compared it to getting paid to watch sports.

NewcastleKEG
01-06-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't think he was saying that its a scam, sounds like he's actually praising it. He has lost all that weight after all, I think he was saying that he feels like he's scamming them because its so easy, he even compared it to getting paid to watch sports.
Yes. Like I'm benefiting AND getting paid sorta thing

Crytek
01-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Yes. Like I'm benefiting AND getting paid sorta thing

On Friday, both Weight Watchers and Barkley issued statements:

From Weight Watchers: “We love Charles for the same reason everyone loves Charles, he’s unfiltered. We are thrilled that he is having great success and inspiring millions of men to join him. We agree that being a spokesman for Weight Watchers is a pretty great gig.”

And from Charles Barkley: “I meant what I said, the fact that I’m dropping pounds, getting healthier and getting paid at the same time, is my definition of a great scam. The only problem is I’m going to have to use some of the money to buy a new wardrobe.”
LINK (http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/06/charles-barkley-live-and-uncensored-sort-of/)

Dex
01-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Wow, Weight Watchers handled that well.

4>0rings
01-06-2012, 08:21 PM
"this game is terrible" :lmao :lmao

timvp
01-06-2012, 08:37 PM
On Friday, both Weight Watchers and Barkley issued statements:

From Weight Watchers: “We love Charles for the same reason everyone loves Charles, he’s unfiltered. We are thrilled that he is having great success and inspiring millions of men to join him. We agree that being a spokesman for Weight Watchers is a pretty great gig.”

And from Charles Barkley: “I meant what I said, the fact that I’m dropping pounds, getting healthier and getting paid at the same time, is my definition of a great scam. The only problem is I’m going to have to use some of the money to buy a new wardrobe.”
LINK (http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/06/charles-barkley-live-and-uncensored-sort-of/)

:tu Glad DoK's people didn't overreact to the word "scam" because the actual definition wasn't what the Chuckster meant.

baseline bum
01-06-2012, 09:59 PM

I took it similarly, though it did sound kind of bad when he complained that they were forcing him to lose two pounds a week.

Dex
01-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Oh, and :lol at "God Almighty..."

jag
01-06-2012, 10:07 PM
:tu Glad DoK's people didn't overreact to the word "scam" because the actual definition wasn't what the Chuckster meant.

:lol DoK's people

DMC
01-07-2012, 01:16 AM
He said NBA broadcasting was a scam too. If you're from the South, easy money is the same as a scam.

Oh, and huge win for Weightwatchers.

DJ Mbenga
01-07-2012, 04:00 AM
the commerical breaks were some good stuff. barkley was saying to harlan if the steelers got a safety thats all they needed to beat the broncos. he said paraphrasing "dont tell me about this princeton offense. let me tell you something. i want my lawyers from princeton not my offense"
harlan "ivan johnson has a motor up his butt"

Jacob1983
01-07-2012, 04:09 AM
This is why the NBA is better on TNT than on ESPN/ABC.

leemajors
01-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Barkley was praising Weight Watchers on PTI earlier this week.