PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum: I didn't say "Black People", I said "Blah People"...

fraga
01-06-2012, 08:49 PM
“I don’t want to make black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money.”

Article and Video. (http://crooksandliars.com/diane-sweet/santorum-i-didnt-say-black-people-i-sa)

Stringer_Bell
01-06-2012, 09:19 PM
I heard "bleaugh" too, and it doesn't matter if he said "black" because with regard to medicaid (which was what he was talking about seconds before) - white people recieve it by a vast majority in Iowa and the US. Either way, he is clearly not getting the nomination or VP pick.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Yeah, there's no context which would fit the black people statement -- but the stuff he does say is stupid enough.

Oh, Gee!!
01-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I said the black caucus could be such naggers sometimes. Why is everyone so sensitive?

DMX7
01-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Let's play Wheel of Fortune!

Seven letter word for people who annoy you:

Let's Begin!

jimo2305
01-07-2012, 05:35 PM
well one thing for sure.. he's going to lose the popular vote among 'blah' people

boutons_deux
01-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Santorum’s Obsession: As Senator, He Mentioned Abortion 1,014 Times

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/01/06/399552/santorums-obsession-then-senator-mentioned-abortion-1014-times/

boutons_deux
01-08-2012, 05:56 AM
Santorum Tells Kids With Gay Parents: You’d Be Better Off With Parents In Prison

For the second time in as many days, Rick Santorum waded into the issue of gay marriage, suggesting it was so important for children to have both a father and mother that an imprisoned father was preferable to a same-sex parent.

Citing the work of one anti-poverty expert, Santorum said, “He found that even fathers in jail who had abandoned their kids were still better than no father at all to have in their children’s lives.”

Allowing gays to marry and raise children, Santorum said, amounts to “robbing children of something they need, they deserve, they have a right to. You may rationalize that that isn’t true, but in your own life and in your own heart, you know it’s true.” [...]

The students at Dublin School, which runs from ninth through 12th grade, were primed for Santorum’s visit, said headmaster Brad Bates. He said three students in the audience had gay parents, though they were not among those who asked about the topic.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/01/07/399942/santorum-tells-kids-with-gay-parents-youd-be-better-off-with-parents-in-prison/

Wild Cobra
01-08-2012, 06:56 AM
Santorum’s Obsession
Seems to me you are the one obsessed.

boutons_deux
01-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Just making sure you wrongies know what wonderful fucking people Repugs are voting for.

Wild Cobra
01-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Just making sure you wrongies know what wonderful fucking people Repugs are voting for.
LOL...

As if you make better choices?

boutons_deux
01-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Fleecing the Angry Whites

ince the days of Richard Nixon's "Southern strategy," the Republican Party has wooed angry whites with coded messages designed to play to racial prejudices - and that pattern has come back strong in Campaign 2012 as the GOP seeks to rid the White House of a black Democrat.

Usually, the dog whistle comes in appeals to "states' rights" and allusions to "welfare queens," but sometimes the implicit becomes explicit, as occurred when former Sen. Rick Santorum blurted out, "I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money. I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money."

This comment was directed to white Republicans in Iowa, some of whom nodded knowingly, receiving the message that President Barack Obama wanted to take their hard-earned money and give it to shiftless blacks. It's a message as old as time in America and it apparently helped boost Santorum into a virtual tie with GOP front-runner Mitt Romney.

However, Santorum quickly came to regret his caught-on-video frankness, realizing that many Americans find such blatant appeals to racial prejudice offensive. So, he proceeded to lie about what he actually said, claiming absurdly that he never said "black people" - that he "started to say a word" and then "sort of mumbled it and changed my thought."

The word, in Santorum's revisionist tale, had come out something like "blah," not "black." Yet why the government would be so determined to give "other people's money" to "blah people" was not explained. Perhaps so the "blah people" could buy snazzier wardrobes or snappier cars to make them less "blah."

Thus, Santorum hoped he could have it both ways. The white racist voters in Iowa and in other states could hear that the ex-Pennsylvania senator wasn't going to use government programs "to make black people's lives better," while non-racists were supposed to believe that he simply stammered out a word that sounded like "black," but was really "blah."

Not to be outdone, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich went beyond his usual disparaging of "food stamps" by adding a reference to the NAACP, in case some slow-witted whites didn't get the racially tinged "food stamps" message. After all, many struggling whites also rely on food-assistance programs, indeed a much higher number than blacks.

http://www.readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/9367-fleecing-the-angry-whites

Spurminator
01-12-2012, 04:59 PM
However, Santorum quickly came to regret his caught-on-video frankness, realizing that many Americans find such blatant appeals to racial prejudice offensive. So, he proceeded to lie about what he actually said, claiming absurdly that he never said "black people" - that he "started to say a word" and then "sort of mumbled it and changed my thought."

The word, in Santorum's revisionist tale, had come out something like "blah," not "black." Yet why the government would be so determined to give "other people's money" to "blah people" was not explained. Perhaps so the "blah people" could buy snazzier wardrobes or snappier cars to make them less "blah."

It's not absurd at all. It's actually very reasonable. He jumbled two words together while speaking. It happens.

It's a non issue. But you hear what you want to hear.