2. Paul

3. Williams(going downhill)
4. Rondo
5. Westbrook

6. Parker(downhill)
7. Nash(downhill)
8. Lowry
9. Lawson

10. Curry(would be higher, but made of glass)

SG..
1. Wade

2. Bryant
3. Ginobili

4. Ellis
5. Harden
6. Gordon(injuries)
7. Thornton
8. Joe Johnson
9. Ray Allen
10. Kevin Martin(downhill)

SF..
1. James
2. Durant
3. Anthony

4. Wallace
5. Pierce
6. Gay

7. Iguodala
8. Deng

9. Gallinari
10. Granger(downhill)

PF..
1. Nowitzki
2. Griffin
3. Aldridge
4. Love
5. Randolph
6. Gasol
7. Stoudemire
8. Bosh

9. Garnett
10. Millsap

C..
1. Howard

2. Bynum

3. Horford
4. Nene
5. Bogut

6. Duncan
7. Chandler
8. Gasol
9. Bargnani
10. Hibbert

ElNono
01-08-2012, 01:14 AM
I would put Lowry and Lawson above Nash and TP right now... other than that, pretty solid lists

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2012, 01:17 AM
I tried not to put too much weight into this early season, tbh..

I gave Nash and Parker reputation points, despite their terrible seasons, so far..

Brazil
01-08-2012, 01:25 AM
IMHO Allen is too low he is playing great right now

mystargtr34
01-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Pretty spot on lists no point making a new one.. only thing id change is put both Gasols a couple spots up.. Pau above Z-Bo, Love and maybe LA and Griffin since he is really the only 2 way player out of the entire PF field. Doesnt get enough touches with Kobe jacking 24 a game and Bynum emerging.

Marc Gasol could possibly go above TC and Timmy.. both have been underwhelming so far this season.

mystargtr34
01-08-2012, 01:33 AM

DPG21920
01-08-2012, 04:37 AM
Deng is underrated.

DAF86
01-08-2012, 04:44 AM
Yeah, give me Deng over Gay any day of the week.

Nathan89
01-08-2012, 04:53 AM
Chandler should be higher after leading Dirk to a ring, imho.

LnGrrrR
01-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Allen should definitely be higher if we are going on production from this season.

Stalin
01-08-2012, 02:28 PM
descent list, TOSB Dirk should be lower, tbh

Jodelo
01-08-2012, 02:35 PM
descent list, TOSB Dirk should be lower, tbh

Still mad? :depressed:depressed:depressed

Stalin
01-08-2012, 02:54 PM
yes, im seething mad, because dirk is a TOSB and mavs are 4-5

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Both Amare and Bosh are ranked too low IMO.....they're both definitely better than Randolph and they're neck and neck with Griffin and Love IMO. Before crowning Griffin and Love for their stats I wanna see them put up those numbers on a winning team.

Technique
01-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Melo > Durant

Stat > Griffin

tlongII
01-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Duncan #6 for center? :lol I don't think so.

Jodelo
01-08-2012, 03:51 PM
yes, im mad

Ok.

TE
01-08-2012, 03:51 PM
great way to incorporate Duncan in there :lmao

ElNono
01-08-2012, 04:23 PM
One guy I can see sneaking in the top 10 conversation for SG is Jamal Crawford, if he keeps up his play in Portland.

ChrisRichards
01-08-2012, 04:29 PM
My top 5 SG's

Wade
Monta Ellis
Ray Allen
Tmac
Kobe

endrity
01-08-2012, 04:39 PM
yes, im seething mad, because dirk is a TOSB and mavs are 4-5

:lobt2:

Technique
01-08-2012, 05:15 PM
The real list.

PG:

Rose
Paul
Williams
Rondo
Parker

At this point Westbrick is more of a 2 than a 1. Until he proves himself in the playoffs as a creator and a facilitator he's out of the top 5. He has many things going for him, mainly his athleticism, but I have a feeling his ego is too large for OKC.

SG:

Wade
Ginobili
Kobe
Crawford
Ellis

Harden is just outside the top 5. I'll take Ellis over Harden just for the sheer fact that he can score whenever, wherever he wants. However, Harden is the smarter player and can create better, he's a solid combo guard.

SF:

LeBron
Carmelo
Durant
Wallace
Gay

It's astonishing how Durant's hype has people comparing him to LeBron and ranking him over Melo. Durant can't post, has the body of Chris Bosh and lacks leadership, I mean he can't even keep Westbrick in line. Melo has the best post game in the league at the 3, is an extremely underrated passer and when he wants to can defend, ie 2009 WCF. He's the best scorer in the league.

PF:

Amar'e
Griffin
Gasol
Alridge
Bosh

Nowitzki went tosb and Love is a stat padder, a good one at that. First of all, how is Griffin presumed to be better than Amar'e when all he does is exactly what Amar'e does, but less. Griffin doesn't have the mid range jumper like Amar'e and lacks experience, Amar'e is simply unguardable when he hits his jumper, don't bring up the stats this year either as a argument supporting Blake's case. He has CP3, Amar'e has Toney Douglas. I'm not saying Griffin won't be a better player at one point in his career, but at this time he simply hasn't developed enough to be considered better than Amar'e.

C:

Howard
Bynum
Nene
Chandler
Horford

Bynum came back with a bang and for the first time in his career is hungry for the ball, he has a lot to prove. Nene is the complete package, he can do everything pretty well. Chandler's stats don't look pretty, but his defensive presence and his key rebounds anchored a championship team. Best part about him is he doesn't need the ball, he doesn't need to be the 2nd or 3rd option to be this good.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-08-2012, 05:26 PM
First of all, how is Griffin presumed to be better than Amar'e when all he does is exactly what Amar'e does, but less.
I'm as big an Amare fan as you'll find, but this can't be serious. Griffin averaged more rebounds as a rookie than Amare ever has in any season. Rebounding is something Amare does "less of" than Griffin.

Because of body of work I'd still take Amare over Griffin right now, but Griffin is currently averaging more points at a higher percentage. Amare has not had a good year so far (largely because he needs to adjust to going back to PF and Toney Douglas is a drop off from Felton or Billups) while Griffin picked up where he left off last year. It's reasonable for someone to want Griffin over Amare at this point.

ALVAREZ6
01-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Deng is underrated.

I'd definitely at least take him over Iguodala...Iggy has the body and athleticism to be a great SF, but is too much of a chucker and always wants to play superhero and usually fails.

Technique
01-08-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm as big an Amare fan as you'll find, but this can't be serious. Griffin averaged more rebounds as a rookie than Amare ever has in any season. Rebounding is something Amare does "less of" than Griffin.

Because of body of work I'd still take Amare over Griffin right now, but Griffin is currently averaging more points at a higher percentage. Amare has not had a good year so far (largely because he needs to adjust to going back to PF and Toney Douglas is a drop off from Felton or Billups) while Griffin picked up where he left off last year. It's reasonable for someone to want Griffin over Amare at this point.

Rebounding is the only thing Amar'e does less than Griffin, it's the exception.

We can look at the stats and find Griffin also averaged more assists, but Amar'e is still the better passer. He just is. He's faced more double teams than Griffin has games played. I'd say going from Mo Williams as your pg to Chris Paul is more than picking up where he left off. Look for Griffin to have a statistically large year.

All said and done, Amar'e is in his prime right now, the rationality of picking Griffin over Amar'e is building a franchise with a young and promising player. I'll take Amar'e over Griffin on a contending team right now.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Rebounding is the only thing Amar'e does less than Griffin, it's the exception.

We can look at the stats and find Griffin also averaged more assists, but Amar'e is still the better passer. He just is. He's faced more double teams than Griffin has games played. I'd say going from Mo Williams as your pg to Chris Paul is more than picking up where he left off. Look for Griffin to have a statistically large year.

All said and done, Amar'e is in his prime right now, the rationality of picking Griffin over Amar'e is building a franchise with a young and promising player. I'll take Amar'e over Griffin on a contending team right now.
Like I said, I'd still take Amare over Griffin, but the gap isn't as wide as you act like it is.

The fact Amare is starting to adjust to being the 2nd scoring option is great sign for him though.

DPG21920
01-08-2012, 06:22 PM
One guy I can see sneaking in the top 10 conversation for SG is Jamal Crawford, if he keeps up his play in Portland.

By keeping up his play do you mean chucking at a sub 40% level with no assists?

ElNono
01-08-2012, 08:11 PM
By keeping up his play do you mean chucking at a sub 40% level with no assists?

I don't watch Portland often, tbh... I saw them against the Lakeshow and he hit clutch shots... I'll take your word that it's the exception and not the rule though

Proxy
01-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Stopped reading when I saw TP so high, tbh

TD 21
01-08-2012, 10:21 PM
As ever, I'm going to heavily weigh recent past performance and not read too much into what's happening at the moment. So veteran's who are struggling and look to have lost a step or another step, will be given the benefit of the doubt over comparable upstarts.

PG

1. Rose
2. Paul

3. Williams
4. Rondo
5. Westbrook

6. Parker
7. Nash

8. Lowry
9. Lawson
10. Curry

SG

1. Wade

2. Bryant
3. Ginobili

4. Harden
5. Gordon
6. Ellis
7. Martin
8. Johnson
9. Allen
10. Billups

SF

1. James

2. Durant
3. Anthony

4. Pierce
5. Gay

6. Wallace
7. Iguodala
8. Deng

9. Granger
10. Gallinari

PF

1. Nowitzki
2. Gasol
3. Griffin
4. Aldridge
5. Love
6. Randolph
7. Stoudemire
8. Bosh

9. Garnett
10. Millsap

C

1. Howard

2. Bynum

3. Horford
4. Duncan
5. Nene
6. Bogut
7. Gasol

8. Chandler
9. Bargnani
10. Hibbert

Deuce Bigalow
01-09-2012, 02:43 AM
Kobe is #1 SG right now, Duncan is no where near the top 10 C or PF

j-money24
01-09-2012, 04:38 AM
Where is Joaquim Noah on your list? He should be on the top 10... Bulls didn't just win 62 games because of Rose only.. Deng is underrated and I would have rather have Boozer than Garnett right now.

j-money24
01-09-2012, 04:39 AM
Duncan anywhere near the top 10 is laughable at this time in his career.

FkLA
01-09-2012, 04:48 AM
The real list.

PG:

Rose
Paul
Williams
Rondo
Parker

PF:

Amar'e
Griffin
Gasol
Alridge
Bosh

:lmao:lmao:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Tbh if anyone has Parker on their list they should also have Mike Conley

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 07:21 AM
^Chubby cheeks, ain't you gonna welcome your old dad back?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-09-2012, 07:23 AM
lol going back on your word to not post till February

lol liar

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 07:26 AM
lol going back on your word to not post till February

lol liar

It was my ELE. I gave myself permission to return early.

It's my province. Mine & mine alone.

Run & tell Red. Tell him:::God sent me back early.

tee, hee.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-09-2012, 07:29 AM
:lol you still went back on your word

:lol ":cry I'm not gonna post for a month because DoK and redzero keep making me look retarded :cry"

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 07:32 AM
:lol you still went back on your word

:lol ":cry I'm not gonna post for a month because DoK and redzero keep making me look retarded :cry"

No way, Jose'. It was my ELE. I was fully entitled to come back whenever I chose.

& you're the one who is O & 43. Not me, daddy.

m>s
01-09-2012, 08:56 AM
old shitbag duncan not even the best C on his team now tbh

stretch
01-09-2012, 10:43 AM
anyone putting Derrick Rose at #1 PG should be shot in the fucking face.

jgome21
01-09-2012, 10:52 AM
As ever, I'm going to heavily weigh recent past performance and not read too much into what's happening at the moment. So veteran's who are struggling and look to have lost a step or another step, will be given the benefit of the doubt over comparable upstarts.

PG

1. Rose
2. Paul

3. Williams
4. Rondo
5. Westbrook

6. Parker
7. Nash

8. Lowry
9. Lawson
10. Curry

SG

1. Wade

2. Bryant
3. Ginobili

4. Harden
5. Gordon
6. Ellis
7. Martin
8. Johnson
9. Allen
10. Billups

SF

1. James

2. Durant
3. Anthony

4. Pierce
5. Gay

6. Wallace
7. Iguodala
8. Deng

9. Granger
10. Gallinari

PF

1. Nowitzki
2. Gasol
3. Griffin
4. Aldridge
5. Love
6. Randolph
7. Stoudemire
8. Bosh

9. Garnett
10. Millsap

C

1. Howard

2. Bynum

3. Horford
4. Duncan
5. Nene
6. Bogut
7. Gasol

8. Chandler
9. Bargnani
10. Hibbert

Duncan shouldn't even be on the list with the C's right now, they way he is playing. I wouldn't even have Dirk the number 1 PF the way he is playing right now. Maybe last season, but right now no. I'd put Aldrige over him and Blake and Love, followed by him and Pau. Pau could be a top 1-3 PF if he wanted, but he plays like a typical weak euro. As for the best player overall right now, easily LeBron. If he wanted to, he can prob average close to a triple-double every game.

BanditHiro
01-09-2012, 10:54 AM
rRhokg169Lw.

and Tony Parker is turning into a shit bag

Stalin
01-09-2012, 11:03 AM
anyone putting Derrick Rose at #1 PG should be shot in the fucking face.

you should be shot in the face

tlongII
01-09-2012, 11:34 AM
How can Ginobili be on the list if he's out 2 months with a broken hand???

Killakobe81
01-09-2012, 12:08 PM
At each position, in your opinions?..

PG..
1. Rose

2. Paul

3. Williams(going downhill)
4. Rondo
5. Westbrook

6. Parker(downhill)
7. Nash(downhill)
8. Lowry
9. Lawson

10. Curry(would be higher, but made of glass)

SG..
1. Wade

2. Bryant
3. Ginobili

4. Ellis
5. Harden
6. Gordon(injuries)
7. Thornton
8. Joe Johnson
9. Ray Allen
10. Kevin Martin(downhill)

SF..
1. James
2. Durant
3. Anthony

4. Wallace
5. Pierce
6. Gay

7. Iguodala
8. Deng

9. Gallinari
10. Granger(downhill)

PF..
1. Nowitzki
2. Griffin
3. Aldridge
4. Love
5. Randolph
6. Gasol
7. Stoudemire
8. Bosh

9. Garnett
10. Millsap

C..
1. Howard

2. Bynum

3. Horford
4. Nene
5. Bogut

6. Duncan
7. Chandler
8. Gasol
9. Bargnani
10. Hibbert

Fair list but It seems a bit inconsistent. If you are not basing it on this year how is Paul #2 at PG? Minus him eviscerating fisher (which JJB did as well) in the playoffs Paul has not been the #2 PG. And based off last year and this one I agree Dwill is definitely fading ... but last year BOTH were inconsistent. Even though I hate his broke jumper I would say based off last year and so far this one Rose abviously and both Rondo probably deserve to be avove both Dwill and Paul.

I would say based on last year and this one (not just potential or historical)so far:

PG
1. Rose
2. Rondo
3. Paul
4. Westbrook
5. Williams

SG
1. Wade (pulled ahead of Kobe last year but is giving back ground this one)
2. Kobe
3. Manu
4. Ellis
5. Harden (this is a bit high, but when it comes to impact to a winning team only Ray and Terry really have a case here. Since Harden is more well rounded than both I chose Harden. JoeJ and Kmart also got consideration)

SF
1. Lebron (I really like Durant but this is not close probably an even bigger gap than from Howard to Bynum)
2. Durant
3. Melo
4. Pierce
5. Deng (Wallace Iggy and others deserve consideration But deng's defense wins here for me ...Pierce is barely hanging on to 4)

PF
1. Dirk
2. Aldridge
3. Blake
4. Love
5. ZBo* Amare(Amare edges Pau, Bosh etc. as an injury replacement here)

C
1. Howard
2. Bynum
3. Nene
4. Bogut
5. Chandler (based primarily on last season's and playoff run ... )

TD 21
01-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Duncan shouldn't even be on the list with the C's right now, they way he is playing. I wouldn't even have Dirk the number 1 PF the way he is playing right now. Maybe last season, but right now no. I'd put Aldrige over him and Blake and Love, followed by him and Pau. Pau could be a top 1-3 PF if he wanted, but he plays like a typical weak euro. As for the best player overall right now, easily LeBron. If he wanted to, he can prob average close to a triple-double every game.

As I alluded to, if Duncan's and Nowitzki's -- among others -- current level persists, then I'll adjust my list accordingly. Right now, I'm still giving established veterans and particularly all-time greats, the benefit of the doubt over comparable upstarts

Two alterations I will make right now are 1) Nene should be listed as a PF now. As such, I'd rank him 10th. 2) I completely forgot about Jefferson, who I'd rank 8th among C's.

Muser
01-09-2012, 06:18 PM
The only Spur than should be in any current top 10 list is Manu.

ElNono
01-09-2012, 06:19 PM
you should be shot in the face

co-sign

rayjayjohnson
01-09-2012, 06:40 PM
glad to see ty lawson finally getting some love