PDA

View Full Version : My Toes Are Numb...

gophergeorge
06-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Ok, I sealed the decks.

I had to kneel down to do the rails, and now, for two days, two toes on my right foot are STILL NUMB....

Any painters out there that this has happened to? Reckon if I don't get feeling back by Monday, I should go see the doctor....

Marklar MM
06-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Ok, I sealed the decks.

I had to kneel down to do the rails, and now, for two days, two toes on my right foot are STILL NUMB....

Any painters out there that this has happened to? Reckon if I don't get feeling back by Monday, I should go see the doctor....

You need to have something amputated.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Ok, I sealed the decks.

Now, more than ever, is the time to hit your toes with a hammer.

If you don't feel anything, then you should go get it checked out.

If you do, then the numbness went away and you're all good...

Well, except for the crushed toes.

gophergeorge
06-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Now, more than ever, is the time to hit your toes with a hammer.

If you don't feel anything, then you should go get it checked out.

If you do, then the numbness went away and you're all good...

Well, except for the crushed toes.

That's funny.... I'm doing a 1/2 marathon tomorrow, maybe that will get the feeling back into them.... it is weird though.... it cause me to fall in the shower yesterday... fucked my wrist up again... sucks getting old.

Marklar MM
06-17-2005, 02:08 PM
You really must have let your lfoot fall asleep.

desflood
06-17-2005, 02:33 PM
I would ask the doctor about possible problems with your circulation before any running.

jcrod
06-17-2005, 02:45 PM
I use to be a trim carpenter and when I first started, I was doing the base boards. My knees felt like they've been hit with a bat over and over. It was extremely painful, but eventually went away..........but I never felt numb anywhere.

I've also run a marathon, I wouldn't run until you get those toes checked out.

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2005, 02:56 PM
was it oil base sealer? You might have irreversible brain damage.

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2005, 02:58 PM
numbness in extremities is also a sign of heart attack/stroke.

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2005, 02:58 PM
or could be diabetes. Have a nice day.

Shelly
06-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Gopher, my husband is a Podiatrist. I'll ask him about your problem when he gets home.

Jekka
06-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Or you could just put all your symptoms into WebMD and wait for "cancer" to appear on the screen.

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2005, 03:03 PM
I still vote for irreversible brain damage. Look what laquer thinner did to Mouse...

Clandestino
06-17-2005, 03:57 PM
could it be the long distance running? i have heard of that many times before...

gophergeorge
06-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Gopher, my husband is a Podiatrist. I'll ask him about your problem when he gets home.

THANKS!!!

I ran 8 yesterday, and even with the numbness, I felt find. It just feels weird...

FYI... no heart attack or stroke... I'm healthy as a horse and my last blood work results were off the charts....

GoldToe
06-17-2005, 06:19 PM
You should have worn GoldToes.

Shelly
06-17-2005, 06:21 PM
He's home but he's getting his beauty rest right now...:lol

Which toes?
Is this the first time this has happened?
Any other foot pain?

gophergeorge
06-17-2005, 06:26 PM
He's home but he's getting his beauty rest right now...:lol

Which toes?
Is this the first time this has happened?
Any other foot pain?

The two next to the big toe... BTW... I have "double Morton's toe"...he will know what that is... for the rest of ya... the two toes next to my big toe are longer than my "big" toe... go figure.... They are getting blood.... I did the
old push on the nail till it went white and let go.... it went pink right away...

Thanks again!

GoldToe
06-17-2005, 06:34 PM
A woman with Morton's toe is a major turn off.

06-17-2005, 06:43 PM
It's just your body getting used to actually doing physical labor after 20 years...

gophergeorge
06-17-2005, 06:47 PM
It's just your body getting used to actually doing physical labor after 20 years...

How did I know THAT was coming.... :)

tlongII
06-17-2005, 07:14 PM
A woman with Morton's toe is a major turn off.

Yes, but a woman with a camel toe is not.

Shelly
06-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Gopher, he's says you probably have Mortons Neuroma (http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=DS00468). It can go away on it's own, but you can get an injection for it.

desflood
06-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Boy, the things you don't learn from complete strangers...

AlamoSpursFan
06-17-2005, 10:15 PM
was it oil base sealer? You might have irreversible brain damage.

He's a Minnesota fan. I think dain bramage is a foregone conclusion.

:lol

gophergeorge
06-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Gopher, he's says you probably have Mortons Neuroma (http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=DS00468). It can go away on it's own, but you can get an injection for it.

Thanks...

Against some of the advice, I ran the half-marathon... 13.1 miles in 1:44:36, so I was pleased... toes are still numb, but not as bad. I'll give it another couple of days... I don't like shots!!!

T Park
06-19-2005, 12:51 PM
toes are still numb, but not as bad. I'll give it another couple of days

gopher, fellow conservative, and brethern of the board.

Dont be stubborn.

See a freakin doctor tommarow.

I dont understand people's mentality when it comes to their health.

"Eh, Ill wait a couple days"

Just go and get it over with!!!!

CosmicCowboy
06-20-2005, 08:20 AM

I had that really bad in my left foot...if your only symptoms are the numbness in the two toes I would let it go for now...try changing to shoes that are a little wider in the ball of the foot so that they don't aggravate the nerve where it passes through the joint...it's kind of like carpal tunnel in your foot...

mine started that way with the toe numbness but got worse and worse over several years...it especially bothered me snow skiing because of the tight boots and the flex/stress on the balls of the feet doing moguls...at times when I was really skiing hard the numbness would go further back into my foot almost to the arch...that was the sign to stop and get the damn boot off...if I didn't it would progress to an intense burning sensation in the toes/ball of my foot...I finally broke down and got the injections...they are fairly new...before that the only solution was surgical with a 6-8 week downtime which was simply not acceptable...it was a series of shots over several weeks...they inject a 2% alcohol solution around the nerve to kill it...it's kind of a "good news/bad news" treatment...the good news is that it never gets as bad as it used to get as far as the burning pain but the bad news is that my foot has never felt "normal" again...there is always some numbness in the ball of my foot...the other nerves in the foot were "supposed" to "fill in" for the nerve that got killed but it's been almost two years since I had the injections and the foot still feels strange...

Shelly
06-20-2005, 08:41 AM
CC...I'll let my husband know you want to schedule an amputation...:lol

CosmicCowboy
06-20-2005, 09:13 AM
:lmao

uhhhh....my foot feels fine...actually it's great...uhhh....never mind...