PDA

View Full Version : it's a wonder how we won this game

spectator
01-08-2012, 01:50 AM
this is denver's 4th quarter scoring summary:

10:52 Corey Brewer makes layup
10:19 Al Harrington makes layup
10:04 Corey Brewer makes layup (Ty Lawson assists)
9:33 Ty Lawson makes two point shot
8:47 Corey Brewer makes layup
8:14 Al Harrington makes dunk (Ty Lawson assists)
7:31 Ty Lawson makes layup
6:31 Al Harrington makes layup (Ty Lawson assists)
6:03 Rudy Fernandez makes 25-foot three point jumper (Arron Afflalo assists)
3:39 Al Harrington makes free throw 2 of 2
2:27 Andre Miller makes layup
1:47 Ty Lawson makes layup
0:27 Danilo Gallinari makes free throw 1 of 2
0:27 Danilo Gallinari makes free throw 2 of 2
0:14 Arron Afflalo makes layup
0:07 Danilo Gallinari makes 25-foot three point jumper (Andre Miller assists)
0:03 Danilo Gallinari makes free throw 1 of 2

i was at a party, reading the plays on a smartphone and was wondering if we are actually playing defense or inviting the nuggets to a layup party.

Blake
01-08-2012, 02:07 AM
that looks like the scoring summary, not the shooting summary.

spectator
01-08-2012, 02:09 AM
fixed

ElNono
01-08-2012, 02:09 AM
We scored more than them

spectator
01-08-2012, 02:15 AM
We scored more than them

that usually does it.

still, if defense wins championships, this 4th qtr showed us we are far away from getting there - nothing that anyone else didn't know already

ElNono
01-08-2012, 02:16 AM
I thought we were real bad defensively... they weren't that much better either

spectator
01-08-2012, 02:40 AM
i liked that pop went with a lineup of tj-green-kl-tiago-tim with 4:03 remaining in the 3rd. they did not impress - green and tim had TOs on consecutive posessions - but it's good to see that the defense 1st lineup played a little together.

add manu in tj's spot and that is a decent looking squad - although i doubt pop will go with that in the playoffs. green would have to play at his ceiling consistently and kl would need to be able to shoot the corner 3.

spectator
01-08-2012, 02:42 AM
plus, tiago and tim don't mix - only pop knows why.

cherylsteele
01-08-2012, 01:33 PM
plus, tiago and tim don't mix - only pop knows why.
Because they haven't played all that much together yet. In other games though, the those 2 have played pretty well together on "D" imho.

spectator
01-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Because they haven't played all that much together yet. In other games though, the those 2 have played pretty well together on "D" imho.

maybe they should have played together more last year - IIRC pop played them more in one playoff game vs memphis than the entire regular season

dunkman
01-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Karl made various changes going from big to small. Pop made the adjustments. The Nuggets are a good team.

cherylsteele
01-08-2012, 02:06 PM
maybe they should have played together more last year - IIRC pop played them more in one playoff game vs memphis than the entire regular season
I think the reason they don't is because if they did play together more often, the Bonner/Blair frontline would would have too many minutes, at least this way Pop breaks up the Bonner/Blair, kinda like the little kids at the dinner table.

spectator
01-08-2012, 02:31 PM
I think the reason they don't is because if they did play together more often, the Bonner/Blair frontline would would have too many minutes, at least this way Pop breaks up the Bonner/Blair, kinda like the little kids at the dinner table.

i believe this reasoning only to a point - if pop truly believes in duncan-splitter pairing, then why don't they consistently play together in crunch time / end of halves? you may say that the spurs have been in too many blowouts this season - but why aren't tim and tiago getting more time when the game is on the line? it has not happened last season - at least until the playoffs. this year, they have played together more, but i still wonder if they know each other well enough.

Bill_Brasky
01-08-2012, 02:41 PM
We got stops/scored in key situations down the stretch.

ducks
01-08-2012, 02:53 PM
yeah it is amazing because the spurs had to go to someone other then manu I have to have the ball the lat two minutes of the game

Solid D
01-08-2012, 03:29 PM
That Nuggets team played as aggressively as any opponent the Spurs have played in a while. As soon as they got a rebound or the ball on a change of possession, they took it strong to the basket. Even Gallinari went coast-to-coast. Lawson was too much for Tony...really for anybody. TJ Ford made a couple of smart plays on Ty there at the end but overall, Lawson was just too strong in will and in strength.

The Spurs were fortunate to come away with the win.

cherylsteele
01-08-2012, 10:52 PM
i believe this reasoning only to a point - if pop truly believes in duncan-splitter pairing, then why don't they consistently play together in crunch time / end of halves? you may say that the spurs have been in too many blowouts this season - but why aren't tim and tiago getting more time when the game is on the line? it has not happened last season - at least until the playoffs. this year, they have played together more, but i still wonder if they know each other well enough.
So, in a blowout you want to risk an injury to Timmy? Then what?