PDA

View Full Version : sons tell me about San Francisco

BRHornet45
01-08-2012, 02:22 AM
so sons it looks like I'll be heading out there now that the Saints have won so I am looking for some places to stay around their stadium. I have been to Cali many times, but only once to the Bay Area so I don't really recall too much other than a bunch of rainbow flags. anyways where are some decent hotels to stay at near the stadium? God bless.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-08-2012, 02:26 AM
Redwood city is close to the stick. Hunters point is very close it's a bit rough though.

BRHornet45
01-08-2012, 02:29 AM
son does Redwood have decent hotels

cantthinkofanything
01-08-2012, 02:36 AM
watch your cornhole bud

Vinnie_Johnson
01-08-2012, 02:36 AM
son does Redwood have decent hotels

Yes they do, close to SF airport as well.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-08-2012, 02:38 AM
http://www.hotelplanner.com/Hotels/12004-NEAR-Monster-Park-SF-49ers

BRHornet45
01-08-2012, 02:53 AM
thx Vinnie

Vinnie_Johnson
01-08-2012, 03:23 AM
No problem Brother enjoy the game. i can't see SF slowing down the Saint's BTW.

The Reckoning
01-08-2012, 03:49 AM
just got back from nola myself. holy crap everyone is obsessed with the saints there. i walked by an art shop and in the window display was a painting of drew brees holding a baby.

meanwhile, seems like the town didnt give two fucks about the hornets lol

BRHornet45
01-08-2012, 04:16 AM
just got back from nola myself. holy crap everyone is obsessed with the saints there. i walked by an art shop and in the window display was a painting of drew brees holding a baby.

meanwhile, seems like the town didnt give two fucks about the hornets lol

son unfortunately that is the truth. this is a Saints city and that is the bottom line. most people here don't give two fucks about the Hornets, but I have been preaching against this for years. sons I actually threw a cold drink at a son of a bitch a couple of weeks ago in the Dome for talking shit about the Hornets. if you can afford to pay $300 to go to a Saints game then you can afford a $20 ticket to a Hornets game even if we suck ass this season.

leemajors
01-08-2012, 09:10 AM
check out 21st Amendment Brewery if you have time, great food and beer.

hehateme
01-08-2012, 09:49 AM
stat line: Gore rushes for 188 yds / 2 td / 20 yds receiving

If that happens and SF controls the game clock then that's a lot of wasted money to go to the homo capital of america unless your name is kool as he takes regular weekend vacations there.

silverblk mystix
01-08-2012, 10:00 AM
check out homeaway.com

find a house or condo or rent an apartment for probably less than a hotel...

The_Worlds_finest
01-08-2012, 11:06 AM
son also try airbnb.com..
son please rent a hybrid while your there
son please smell your own farts while there
son and most importantly enjoy.

CuckingFunt
01-08-2012, 12:46 PM
son unfortunately that is the truth. this is a Saints city and that is the bottom line. most people here don't give two fucks about the Hornets, but I have been preaching against this for years. sons I actually threw a cold drink at a son of a bitch a couple of weeks ago in the Dome for talking shit about the Hornets. if you can afford to pay $300 to go to a Saints game then you can afford a $20 ticket to a Hornets game even if we suck ass this season.

Don't you live in Baton Rouge?

In any case, it's true. If not for the occasional "I'm In" sign or the commercials pimping tickets as low as $8.00, one could almost forget we have an NBA team at all. I didn't even notice any Hornets signs or billboards when I was at the airport yesterday.

jag
01-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Everyone in NOLA bandwagons hard. If the Saints have a few bad seasons there wont be anymore murals of Brees kissing babies.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Everyone in NOLA bandwagons hard..
what would you expect from a city predominantly black tbh

tlongII
01-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Check out Gordon Biersch Brew Pub if you get the chance. It's over by the wharf. Personally I'd rather stay in the city than by the Stick.

silverblk mystix
01-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Check out Gordon Biersch Brew Pub if you get the chance. It's over by the wharf. Personally I'd rather stay in the city than by the Stick.

Gordon Biersch...great food, great beer, great atmosphere...

you fuckin' made me miss cali again...you fuck...

tlongII
01-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Gordon Biersch...great food, great beer, great atmosphere...

you fuckin' made me miss cali again...you fuck...

:lol That's a great area. One of my favorite places in the world.

4>0rings
01-08-2012, 04:05 PM
what would you expect from a city predominantly black tbh

Looters and a desolate wasteland of poverty, Cadillacs, and Air Jordans.

DPG21920
01-08-2012, 04:06 PM
GB is ok. Nothing special but solid I guess. They're in TX as well.

pass1st
01-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Son, I would highly suggest avoiding the clubs there. The white women are mostly addicted to some hipster drugs the further inside the city you go. You're more likely to get mugged there than East LA.

tlongII
01-08-2012, 05:18 PM
GB is ok. Nothing special but solid I guess. They're in TX as well.

All about location IMO. SF was one their first places and is in a prime area.

leemajors
01-08-2012, 06:03 PM
All about location IMO. SF was one their first places and is in a prime area.

Doesn't make their beer better. You got way better up in your area too, but 21st IMO is easily the best in SF.

tlongII
01-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Doesn't make their beer better. You got way better up in your area too, but 21st IMO is easily the best in SF.

I wouldn't go there for the beer. It's a great place to get something to eat and check out the scenery.

silverblk mystix
01-08-2012, 06:40 PM
:lol That's a great area. One of my favorite places in the world.

Same here...probably my favorite in the U.S....in the peninsula you can enjoy everything an exciting city has....then cross the GG and into Marin county and you can find paradise on earth...B & B's great out of the way villages, coastal towns, seafood, getaway resorts, inns, etc...

beautiful scenery, beautiful women, great dining, shopping, cultural arts, fantastic weather,etc...

robino2001
01-08-2012, 11:27 PM
The area around the stick is a shithole and the Stick itself was up there for biggest crapbox of a stadium I've ever been to (with the old Texas Stadium)... and I'm a niners fan.

When we went for the monday night game two years ago, we stayed in the city, took the street car to the financial district and hopped a park and ride type express bus to the game. I wouldn't do anything other than that.

On the other hand, we'll be visiting NOLA this weekend... definitely thinking I won't be dumb enough to wear niners gear this weekend - I like my life too much.

Xevious
01-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Aside from the big markets, I think that's the case in most places. Even as supportive as SA is of the spurs, most people don't take notice until the Cowboys season is over.

Heath Ledger
01-09-2012, 07:06 PM
You should stay at Cow Palace.