PDA

View Full Version : Views from the Other Side: Denver Post - Nuggets fall at San Antonio

Dex
01-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Nuggets fall at San Antonio, 121-117
By Benjamin Hochman
The Denver Post

SAN ANTONIO — The basketball gods, according to a believer named George Karl, have a way of determining destiny. Disrespect them and they'll get you in the end.

Well, early in Saturday's game, coach Karl's Nuggets played defense with an "aggressiveness that was luke-warm at best," he said. Denver trailed by 20 in the second quarter. But after a valiant comeback, the Nuggets were plagued by a couple ire-firing non-calls in the fourth quarter — and Denver lost to San Antonio, 121-117.

- - - -

Lawson was seemingly hammered on a layup attempt. A foul wasn't called — and while Lawson was slow getting up, the Spurs capitalized on a five-on-four with a Richard Jefferson open 3.

"Their explanation was that it wasn't a foul — both refs said (the Spurs player) got the ball," Karl said of the play that became a five-point swing. He considered opining about the play but stopped himself, paused and said: "I'll save my money."

Read more...http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_19697990#ixzz1itwkti1H

George Karl :cry

weebo
01-08-2012, 05:01 PM
George Karl :cry

After all he's been through, you would think he would take the high road and stop bitching about the officiating. Maybe if his team didn't dig themselves in a huge hole at the start of the second half they might have won.

Quiet Strength
01-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Nothing new from him.

jag
01-08-2012, 06:07 PM
He's so used to seeing Manu shit on that team, you'd think he'd just accept it and move on. Pretty much business as usual.

That being said, I do like Karl and I also like their current set of players. That team was going no where with Melo and at least now they have some young players to rebuild with on the fly.

SenorSpur
01-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Karl playing his familiar victim role - again.

jag
01-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Quote from the comments section of the article:

Sportsthinker wrote:I did not see, nor hear the game, but judging from this article, and the postings here, it appears that the Spurs had the advantage when it comes to officiating...

It has ALWAYS been that way...It seems to me that NBA refs always seem to favor the elite teams, not just the Spurs...They always seem to get the benefit of the whistle, or the non-calls...Especially when the game is on their home court...

Since the officiating is out of the Nuggets control, the only thing they can hope for, is that when the Nugs are at home, that they get the advantage of the whistle...

:lmao