PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson: Kobe desperate to surpass MJ (Scoring list)

ChrisRichards
01-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Kobe gunning for MJ/Kareem (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1151309#p29855642)

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/20 ... ring-list/ (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/07/phil-jackson-kobe-wants-to-pass-jordan-on-all-time-scoring-list/)

Phil Jackson told the LA Times last season that even though Kobe Bryant publicly tries to play off the historic scoring milestones, he desperately wants to leapfrog Michael Jordan on the all-time career scoring leaderboard. This should surprise precisely no one: “With an indifferent expression, stony silence and a downplaying of each milestone, Kobe Bryant tried hard to show that he wasn’t preoccupied with climbing the NBA’s all-time scoring list. But not many believed him, including Phil Jackson. When I asked the former Lakers coach last season which player Bryant wants to pass on the scoring list the most, Jackson replied without hesitation, ‘Michael Jordan.’ Bryant argued that wasn’t true and continued touting his sole motivation entails trying to minimize the gap between Bill Russell’s 11 NBA titles and his own five. Bryant isn’t lying when he says that’s his main motivation, but it’s misleading to act indifferent about it when teammates, media and the general public know he’s driven to be the best player ever.

Donkeybong
01-08-2012, 05:20 PM
I like how you added "Desperate" to the story title.

4/10

ChrisRichards
01-08-2012, 05:22 PM
^^^

Phil Jackson told the LA Times last season that even though Kobe Bryant publicly tries to play off the historic scoring milestones, he desperately wants to leapfrog Michael Jordan on the all-time career scoring leaderboard.

:wakeup

Spur_Fanatic
01-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Well, article mentions he is desperate.

What I don't get is why the effort? He think people will instantly think he is better than MJ just for scoring more than him? If that were the case, Kareem and Malone would be the GOAT's on everyone's eyes now.

lefty
01-08-2012, 05:27 PM
No shit

We all know he works hard in the offseason just so he can score in different ways, increasing his chances to get higher on the scoring list

Jordan worked hard to win

MR.SILVER&BLack
01-08-2012, 05:34 PM
doesnt matter if his fg% drops below 40%.

jag
01-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Sad times for Bean. Sad times, indeed.

angelbelow
01-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Consistent with Kobe's personality. Not a bad thing, Kobe's always been driven by wanting to be the best. Surpassing MJ on the all time scoring list would definitely help his cause.

SenorSpur
01-08-2012, 06:25 PM
I guess if you can't get that 6th title, try and bypass MJ's on the all-time scoring list. If Bean really wants to be ambitious, he should set his sights on Abdul-Jabbar.

Dex
01-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Kobe gunning for MJ/Kareem (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1151309#p29855642)

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/20 ... ring-list/ (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/07/phil-jackson-kobe-wants-to-pass-jordan-on-all-time-scoring-list/)

Phil Jackson told the LA Times last season that even though Kobe Bryant publicly tries to play off the historic scoring milestones, he desperately wants to leapfrog Michael Jordan on the all-time career scoring leaderboard. This should surprise precisely no one: “With an indifferent expression, stony silence and a downplaying of each milestone, Kobe Bryant tried hard to show that he wasn’t preoccupied with climbing the NBA’s all-time scoring list. But not many believed him, including Phil Jackson. When I asked the former Lakers coach last season which player Bryant wants to pass on the scoring list the most, Jackson replied without hesitation, ‘Michael Jordan.’ Bryant argued that wasn’t true and continued touting his sole motivation entails trying to minimize the gap between Bill Russell’s 11 NBA titles and his own five. Bryant isn’t lying when he says that’s his main motivation, but it’s misleading to act indifferent about it when teammates, media and the general public know he’s driven to be the best player ever.

If Kobe is trying to prove he is the "best player ever" by climbing the scoring list, shouldn't he be shooting to surpass Kareem, who is currently still ahead of him by more than 10,000 points? Beating Jordan's scoring record won't mean shit if he can't beat Jordan's title count.

Dex
01-08-2012, 06:26 PM
I guess if you can't get that 6th title, try and bypass MJ's on the all-time scoring list. If Bean really wants to be ambitious, he should set his sights on Abdul-Jabbar.

Get outta my head, Double-S! :toast

Nathan89
01-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Only pussies & assholes care about the scoring list.

-for giuseppe

Fabbs
01-08-2012, 06:34 PM
doesnt matter if his fg% drops below 40%.
Or 30%
or 20.
or....

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
01-08-2012, 07:00 PM
MJ was desperate to pass Dr. J. Kareem was desperate to pass Wilt. Stockton chased Magic. This is what great players do... they chase those ahead of them.

That explains why Tim Duncan never chased anyone or anything. Bug eyed faggot should have chased Greg Louganis in the pool instead.

midnightpulp
01-08-2012, 07:07 PM
That explains why Tim Duncan never chased anyone or anything. Bug eyed faggot should have chased Greg Louganis in the pool instead.

Magic already beat him to it.

ChrisRichards
01-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Whats sad is Kobe really believes that if he passes MJ for the All time scoring record and wins a 6th title (doubtful) then people would put him above MJ.

Dude is just delusional. He needs to at least win 4 more Finals MVP, win about 8 Scoring titles, win a DPOY and at least shoot better than 45% in the Finals to be even in the conversation.

I'll give him credit though. At season 16 its quite impressive he's still out there doing his thing. I thought his production by now would dip to ben gordon territory.

Spur_Fanatic
01-08-2012, 07:44 PM
luva is right, stat padders are the worst.

Funny he is the fanboi of the greatest stat padder ever.

dunkman
01-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Kobe has no shot at reaching Kareem, tbh. He needs 4k points to surpass MJ, it will take him 3 seasons. MJ scored at higher pace than Kobe, he missed several seasons between retirements and comebacks, so surpassing MJ on the scoring list won't do much for Kobe's legacy.

Kobe should re-focus on championships and finals MVPs. And he's not helping the Lakers shooting too much.

Koolaid_Man
01-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Whats sad is Kobe really believes that if he passes MJ for the All time scoring record and wins a 6th title (doubtful) then people would put him above MJ.

Dude is just delusional. He needs to at least win 4 more Finals MVP, win about 8 Scoring titles, win a DPOY and at least shoot better than 45% in the Finals to be even in the conversation.

I'll give him credit though. At season 16 its quite impressive he's still out there doing his thing. I thought his production by now would dip to ben gordon territory.

This isn't about MJ at all...it' about Wade and Lebron never catching Kobe in any dept...:lmao

Koolaid_Man
01-08-2012, 07:52 PM

He didn't have to chase...his college roommate lived with him for 4 yrs after college and he even let him stay with him when he "so called" got married...incidentally his college roommate living with him coincides with the time period of him having a tongue ring...disgusting if you ask me :lol

dunkman
01-08-2012, 07:53 PM
This isn't about MJ at all...it' about Wade and Lebron never catching Kobe in any dept...:lmao

LeBron will catch him in everything. Already has 2 MVPs.

ElNono
01-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Phil Jackson trolling working a treat, par the course

Koolaid_Man
01-08-2012, 07:55 PM
LeBron will catch him in everything. Already has 2 MVPs.

How will he do that...he has to share the ball now with Wade and Spice Bosh...maybe had he stayed in Cleveland :lol

and :lmao @ MVP's...the couch potato award

dunkman
01-08-2012, 08:09 PM
How will he do that...he has to share the ball now with Wade and Spice Bosh...maybe had he stayed in Cleveland :lol

He's more efficient, doesn't need so many shots to make his points. LeBron took his two potato awards in direct competition with Kobe.

One could say Kobe focused on championships, but keep in mind he's a weak finals performer that gets bailed out by other players.

lefty
01-08-2012, 08:13 PM
MJ was desperate to pass Dr. J. Kareem was desperate to pass Wilt. Stockton chased Magic. This is what great players do... they chase those ahead of them.

so much fail in this post

Koolaid_Man
01-08-2012, 08:14 PM
He's more efficient, doesn't need so many shots to make his points. LeBron took his two potato awards in direct competition with Kobe.

One could say Kobe focused on championships, but keep in mind he's a weak finals performer that gets bailed out by other players.

Kobe waited on Lebron in 3 straight finals and Lebron never showed up...THE CLOWN NEVER CAME TO THE PARTY!!! :lol but you right he did collect a couple of couch potato awards while Kobe was ringing...:lmao

Ace
01-08-2012, 08:19 PM

Well it only matters to faggots like you but Lebron did have a higher scoring average than Kobe last year and guess what? He does again this year too...

Lebron 30.1 ppg at 60%
Kobe 27.8 ppg at 43% :lmao

dunkman
01-08-2012, 08:21 PM
I think that MJ could have passed Kareem but he went to play baseball two seasons, then he retired in 98 with plenty in the tank. Malone could have surpassed Kareem, he was still good in his last season. Those players didn't gave much for the all time scoring list.

Koolaid_Man
01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Well it only matters to faggots like you but Lebron did have a higher scoring average than Kobe last year and guess what? He does again this year too...

Lebron 30.1 ppg at 60%
Kobe 27.8 ppg at 43% :lmao

The Clown Never Showed Up To The Party...How Can A Clown Miss The Party :lol

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/070910-NBA-Clown-Prince-JW-PI_20100709234209_660_320.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/leclown1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/lebron-court-jester-300x300.jpg

DMC
01-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Well, article mentions he is desperate.

What I don't get is why the effort? He think people will instantly think he is better than MJ just for scoring more than him? If that were the case, Kareem and Malone would be the GOAT's on everyone's eyes now.
People like Douche Nigelow who are stat groupies will say Kobe is the GOAT and use his scoring as evidence.

Ace
01-08-2012, 08:26 PM
The Clown Never Showed Up To The Party...How Can A Clown Miss The Party :lol

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/070910-NBA-Clown-Prince-JW-PI_20100709234209_660_320.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/leclown1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/lebron-court-jester-300x300.jpg

Shitty Photoshop pictures. Great response to Kobe's shitty numbers...

Koolaid_Man
01-08-2012, 08:27 PM
The Clown Never Showed Up...How Can The Clown not show...Nike even tried to help motivate his lazy ass with the puppet commercials...

Ace
01-08-2012, 08:30 PM
The Clown Never Showed Up...How Can The Clown not show...Nike even tried to help motivate his lazy ass with the puppet commercials...

43% :lmao

ElNono
01-08-2012, 08:46 PM
43% :lmao

20% 3 point shooting :lmao

usdane
01-09-2012, 03:52 AM
At least Kobe shows up and plays through the pain unlike Wade and Lebrick who is often sitting comfortably court side in street wear.

What do your prefer? the real thing (whatever it takes) or the Prima Donna (I don't play if it hurts).

ElNono
01-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Or Kobe shows up perfectly healthy and takes 3 shots for an entire half of an elimination game... that's the real thing too...

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 06:54 AM
...you've nary room. Your Rodman waited on the playoffs then took his revenge and quit on the Spurs.

Xevious
01-09-2012, 06:59 AM
And how many more FGA's will Kobe have when/if he reaches MJ's total points?

Killakobe81
01-09-2012, 12:24 PM
No shit

We all know he works hard in the offseason just so he can score in different ways, increasing his chances to get higher on the scoring list

Jordan worked hard to win

You are a dumbass if you believe that MJ didnt give a shit about scoring titles. Did you not catch his HOF speech? Im not saying he didnt care about winning more ... but stop with the deifying of MJ. the man is widely considered the GOAT no need to Tebow his ass on top of it ...

demosthenes247
01-09-2012, 12:50 PM

i mean, really? how is this relevant? including last year, there were 2 finals appearances that lebron had that kobe "didn't show" for either.

Killakobe81
01-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Or what about Lebron mentioning the triple double he was robbed of two years ago?!

Most of the TRUE SUPERSTARS ...their numbers mtter. When they leave the game all they will have is the rinngs (if they are lucky) and their name in the record books.

Heck even precious Duncan and the Spurs care about shit besides winning why the masquerade of duncan as a PF? They cared (and he has moaned about it too) becaus e they wanted to protect his all-star status. Now that center is weak he has been moved.

Does it take away from Tim as a great leader or team-mate because he cares about all-star status? No. when they mention his name always it will say 4 x champion, Multiple league MVP's and the number of all-star appearances. that shit matters to these guys ...

Drew Brees is a classy mofo but you could tell the Marino record mattered to him ...

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Drew Brees is a classy mofo but you could tell the Marino record mattered to him ...

But, he was under the protection of Media during that event. They sheepherded him thru that and preemptively so---so there would be absolutely no sharp shooting from the knoll, grassy or not.

Killakobe81
01-09-2012, 01:15 PM
And any of you guys that played competitively at a high level don't tell me your HS or college records didn't matter.

Koolaid_Man
01-09-2012, 01:21 PM
i mean, really? how is this relevant? including last year, there were 2 finals appearances that lebron had that kobe "didn't show" for either.

the difference is Kobe won his finals ( - 08) Lebron never won any of his...:lol

Koolaid_Man
01-09-2012, 01:22 PM
And any of you guys that played competitively at a high level don't tell me your HS or college records didn't matter.

You're doing a fine job Killa...and moving up the ranks of the underground kings which include myself, Luva, and Cully :lol

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 01:22 PM
the difference is Kobe won his finals ( - 08) Lebron never won any of his...:lol

You are soooooooo right, daddy...

Fuck!!! I saw it, Kool, but, I couldn't even get the bat off my shoulder this morning.

Spur_Fanatic
01-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Thing is, few will jump here to defend Lebron from the Laker fanbois.
So don't expect much till the Miami guys wake up.

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 01:28 PM

Please. You cocknockers stepped in and claimed the Mav's Title last June. Like ya's deserved it.

tee, hee.

Killakobe81
01-09-2012, 01:32 PM

What is there to defend? Kool and cully pointed out he is ringless. I mentioned that obviously stats matter to him, because he griped this year about a triple double the league took aways over 2 seasons ago. :rollin

they can't defend facts. Lebron is the most dominant player in the game today even Laker fans will admit that. But until he rings or comes up clutch in a Finals game he will have his detractors ... :wakeup

BTW, Lebron when he said he could have durant's (scoring titles) "if he wanted" proved that it does matter to him, more than if he just admitted that it does. I'm glad he chose trying to win with Wade over staying with cavs and chasing stats ...but if it truly didn't matter he would of said nada ...:lol

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 01:35 PM
& then he and Wade take the easy way with this 7 second or less knock off offense. Why? Well, because June is a long way away and they don't have to worry about it now.

Killakobe81
01-09-2012, 01:39 PM
& then he and Wade take the easy way with this 7 second or less knock off offense. Why? Well, because June is a long way away and they don't have to worry about it now.

Cully trust me they still have holes, I just dont see the team that will be poised to expose them like the Mavs did. On paper a title should be a foregone conclusion ...but we shall see. IF rose could find one more scorer for that team I would give the Bulls a decent shot ...their offense relies on him too much though and I have very little faith in Boozer ...he always crapped the bed in the playoffs against us or the spurs.

Ace
01-09-2012, 01:41 PM

It just try he regular season and they have the number one without trying..

Spur_Fanatic
01-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Please. You cocknockers stepped in and claimed the Mav's Title last June. Like ya's deserved it.

tee, hee.

1 title? You complain some Spurs fan claim 1 (one) title from the Mavs?

That's your comeback?

You are a Cavs fan, and you claimed 16 (sixteen) titles from the Lakers!

What is there to defend? Kool and cully pointed out he is ringless. I mentioned that obviously stats matter to him, because he griped this year about a triple double the league took aways over 2 seasons ago. :rollin

they can't defend facts. Lebron is the most dominant player in the game today even Laker fans will admit that. But until he rings or comes up clutch in a Finals game he will have his detractors ... :wakeup

BTW, Lebron when he said he could have durant's (scoring titles) "if he wanted" proved that it does matter to him, more than if he just admitted that it does. I'm glad he chose trying to win with Wade over staying with cavs and chasing stats ...but if it truly didn't matter he would of said nada ...:lol

Again, no one cares. Mind you, you make some good points. It's not you. We just don't care. Look, wait till Ace wakes up, and fight it with him. Or if you want, I'll pretend I'm a Lebron fanboi, and try to troll you with "6/28"'s in culby style.

Spur_Fanatic
01-09-2012, 01:43 PM
:corn:Ah, there is Ace.

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 01:46 PM
1 title? You complain some Spurs fan claim 1 (one) title from the Mavs?

That's your comeback?

You fuckin' eh.

Just because the Mavs Fan didn't show up last June to claim the prize didn't give you license to abscond with the damn thing. And fuck me,,,we stood there and let ya's. I still can't get the right of it seven months later.

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 01:47 PM
It just try he regular season and they have the number one without trying..

It's chickenshit, fraidy cat avoidance of the goods. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, whistlin' past the graveyard.

Ace
01-09-2012, 01:49 PM
At least Kobe shows up and plays through the pain unlike Wade and Lebrick who is often sitting comfortably court side in street wear.

What do your prefer? the real thing (whatever it takes) or the Prima Donna (I don't play if it hurts).

Yet they will be healthy when it matters. Kobe playing through the pain for the regular season, while Miami holds the number record sitting games out...

Spur_Fanatic
01-09-2012, 01:50 PM
You fuckin' eh.

Just because the Mavs Fan didn't show up last June to claim the prize didn't give you license to abscond with the damn thing. And fuck me,,,we stood there and let ya's. I still can't get the right of it seven months later.

I don't know what you just said, but I forgive you.

For I set trends. :hat

cheguevara
at least he ain't chasing hotel maids no mo

Giuseppe
Yet they will be healthy when it matters. Kobe playing through the pain for the regular season, while Miami holds the number record sitting games out...

...& Wade is Dallas & Forever.

Killakobe81
01-09-2012, 01:51 PM
You fuckin' eh.

I dont get that either ...they war with spur fans over trifles, then win the whole enchilada only to barf it up seconds later ...:(
Im just as confused myself. Maybe they are waiting for those Dwight + Dwill fantasies to come true ...

Giuseppe
For I set trends. :hat

Please.

Ace
It's chickenshit, fraidy cat avoidance of the goods. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, whistlin' past the graveyard.

Sitting games out and still atop. Lakers barely above .500...

Ace
01-09-2012, 01:53 PM
...& Wade is Dallas & Forever.

Score is even for Wade. Kobe is swept under rug to die...

Killakobe81

Kobe knows (deep inside) that right now he aint ringing with this squad. So why shouldn't he go balls deep in the regular season? chances are he will be watching come June ...Just like us, he can rest then.

Spur_Fanatic
Please.

:toast

Killakobe81
01-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Score is even for Wade. Kobe is swept under rug to die...

Please. 5>1 . Dirk evened that score, Wade still has some work to do to catch Kobe.

Ace
01-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Kobe knows (deep inside) that right now he aint ringing with this squad. So why shouldn't he go balls deep in the regular season? chances are he will be watching come June ...Just like us, he can rest then.

Playing hurt doesn't help him next year, a year older.

Ace
01-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Please. 5>1 . Dirk evened that score, Wade still has some work to do to catch Kobe.

Wade still has work to do but atleast he can. Kobe is nearing the end...

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Kobe knows (deep inside) that right now he aint ringing with this squad. So why shouldn't he go balls deep in the regular season? chances are he will be watching come June

Killa

cheguevara
01-09-2012, 02:13 PM
looks like the bag of shit failed again

per ESPN:
But his 276 points through 10 games also rank third all-time for those 33 or older, behind only MJ (288 in '96-97) and my man Bernard King (298 in '90-91).

:lol

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 02:14 PM
bag of shit

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Ace
01-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Killa

:ace

Killakobe81
01-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Wade still has work to do but atleast he can. Kobe is nearing the end...

Oh trust me Wade's decline will be faster and steeper than Kobe's ... :lol

At leats he has Lebron to do the hevay lifting in the regular season. Which will allow Wade to keep hitting the game winners once all the "day labor" has been done by Lebron ...:toast

Killakobe81
01-09-2012, 03:05 PM
looks like the bag of shit failed again

per ESPN:
But his 276 points through 10 games also rank third all-time for those 33 or older, behind only MJ (288 in '96-97) and my man Bernard King (298 in '90-91).

Oh wow, he trails Mj and Bernard ...the travesty!!! :wakeup

Ace
01-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Oh trust me Wade's decline will be faster and steeper than Kobe's ... :lol

At leats he has Lebron to do the hevay lifting in the regular season. Which will allow Wade to keep hitting the game winners once all the "day labor" has been done by Lebron ...:toast

How so? If you think all Wade does is dunk, then you should watch more...

Killakobe81
01-09-2012, 03:20 PM
How so? If you think all Wade does is dunk, then you should watch more...

No, i don't think that. I have watched Wade since Marquette (not full seasons) but plenty.

Im just speaking to the relentless way he drives to the hoop. Im not saying he is all athleticism or anything but guys that play like Wade and Manu dont usually last long. Kobe is a freak of nature but who knows he may flame out soon as well. But I doubt wade is smilarly effective at the same number of years in ... is all iM saying ...

Ace
01-09-2012, 03:27 PM
No, i don't think that. I have watched Wade since Marquette (not full seasons) but plenty.

Im just speaking to the relentless way he drives to the hoop. Im not saying he is all athleticism or anything but guys that play like Wade and Manu dont usually last long. Kobe is a freak of nature but who knows he may flame out soon as well. But I doubt wade is smilarly effective at the same number of years in ... is all iM saying ...

Kobe adapted. Lebron will help extend his career with doing all the "day work" and Wade can easily adapt as well...

cheguevara
01-09-2012, 03:30 PM
he trails Mj

always has, always will

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 03:31 PM
always has, always will

But, he's got that tired old shit bag Duncan down 5-4.

z0sa
01-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Kobe, desperate???

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Kobe, desperate???

He got Daddy into a hole, just like that.

lefty
01-09-2012, 03:35 PM
You are a dumbass if you believe that MJ didnt give a shit about scoring titles. Did you not catch his HOF speech? Im not saying he didnt care about winning more ... but stop with the deifying of MJ. the man is widely considered the GOAT no need to Tebow his ass on top of it ...
:lmao

Killakobe81
01-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Kobe adapted. Lebron will help extend his career with doing all the "day work" and Wade can easily adapt as well...

Wade can adapt I actually think his game may mature better than Lebron's ...but Lebron has that physique and has not had anything but minor injuries.

He has been remarkably healthy for a guy that does as much as he does ...tbh.

Ace
01-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Wade can adapt I actually think his game may mature better than Lebron's ...but Lebron has that physique and has not had anything but minor injuries.

He has been remarkably healthy for a guy that does as much as he does ...tbh.

Wade has been playing in the post, not a whole lot given his driving ability. Lebron has started changing his game as well. He has been in the post this year more than ever in his career...

Killakobe81
01-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Wade has been playing in the post, not a whole lot given his driving ability. Lebron has started changing his game as well. He has been in the post this year more than ever in his career...

Lebron has been in the post and his FG% reflects that ...I think Lebron has been amazing this year EXCEPT when facing zones ...

He really should be the MVP if he keeps up this pace, but politics may dictate otherwise ...again, the award is horseshit.

ChrisRichards
01-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Kobe's amazing though

lefty
01-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Kobe's amazing though
Not really

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Kobe's amazing though

He so wanted that 5th ring. Those repeated suicide drives into the Boston paint were astonishing. He'd panicked earlier when Fisher had to scold him.

But, when he panicked again late in the 4th it was okay then, and appropriate. He went for the victory instead of hoping for it by "standing still" and praying something good would happen, or, something bad would not happen. Rampaging around the court just prior to that late 3 by Rondo was Kobe's most honest court presence I can ever recall.

ChrisRichards
01-09-2012, 08:31 PM
He so wanted that 5th ring. Those repeated suicide drives into the Boston paint were astonishing. He'd panicked earlier when Fisher had to scold him.

But, when he panicked again late in the 4th it was okay then, and appropriate. He went for the victory instead of hoping for it by "standing still" and praying something good would happen, or, something bad would not happen. Rampaging around the court just prior to that late 3 by Rondo was Kobe's most honest court presence I can ever recall.

@giuseppe, sorry dude I wasn't done typing.

"Kobes amazing @ raping people though" That the original message. Damn samsung phone.

lefty
01-09-2012, 08:37 PM

"Kobes amazing @ raping people though" That the original message. Damn samsung phone.

ChrisRichards
01-09-2012, 08:41 PM
:rollin

Giuseppe
01-09-2012, 08:42 PM

That's okay. I acknowledge his rape.

NRHector
01-09-2012, 09:34 PM

Girasuck
01-09-2012, 11:51 PM
I think that MJ could have passed Kareem but he went to play baseball two seasons, then he retired in 98 with plenty in the tank. Malone could have surpassed Kareem, he was still good in his last season. Those players didn't gave much for the all time scoring list.

Malone would be the all-time scoring leader today if it wasn't for the Lakers front office and training staff screwing him over. A one year Laker in a Laker uniform wasn't going to break the record held by one of the greatest Lakers of all-time.