PDA

View Full Version : Pistons Defense looks good but...

wsdp
06-17-2005, 12:54 PM
As all Spurs fans proudly proclaimed from the day the Pistons beat the Heat until Tuesday night .... Yeah, you have a nice Defense Detroit, but we had the #1 DEFENSE IN THE REGULAR SEASON...

And those Pistons fans don't get it... they play in the weak East and haven't run into teams as good as the Nuggets, Sonics, and Suns... after all, west basketball is the king, right?

Yeah, all that and $1.00 will buy you a Double Cheeseburger @ McDonalds right now!

For $700 round trip, you can book a reservation to witness the Parade down Woodward too! See you there Thursday morning if you can make it (Pistons will take Wednesday off to make their now annual visits with Letterman, Leno, Kimmel and the like).

GrandeDavid
06-17-2005, 12:55 PM
?

mavsfan1000
06-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Nice post. Spurs in 6.

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 12:57 PM
(Pistons will take Wednesday off to make their now annual visits with Letterman, Leno, Kimmel and the like).

Don't forget 'Sheed needs to visit his dealer and Ben might need more berry juices for his fro. :lol

MadDog73
06-17-2005, 12:58 PM
For $700 round trip, you can book a reservation to witness the Parade down Woodward too! See you there Thursday morning if you can make it (Pistons will take Wednesday off to make their now annual visits with Letterman, Leno, Kimmel and the like).

Geez, a little early for that, isn't it?

And isn't your Head Coach leaving or something? How many Piston fans really expect to follow the Lakers to a three-peat?

mavsfan1000
06-17-2005, 12:59 PM
I don't see how the Pistons could beat the Suns because of the matchup and Detroit struggles with teams that like to run.

MadDog73
06-17-2005, 01:20 PM
I don't see how the Pistons could beat the Suns because of the matchup and Detroit struggles with teams that like to run.

What are you talking about? In case you haven't noticed, the Pistons are beating two of the fastest players in the NBA (Manu and Tony) everytime!

I think this series disproves any notion that the "Pistons can't run."

No, Pistons would have swept the Suns, just like the Spurs almost did.

Medvedenko
06-17-2005, 01:24 PM
The Pisterns are playing very well...I thought too last year that they would get smoked...but they are greater as a whole than the sum of their individual parts. They basically keep running the same plays over and over again and their D is suffocating... I haven't see that much D since the Bulls days with the Dobermans...They rotate very well and put a hand in the face of all the shooters...that's how they beat the Lakers last year.

baseline bum
06-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Do you actually think winning the last 2 is going to be as easy as the first 2?

mavsfan1000
06-17-2005, 01:28 PM
What are you talking about? In case you haven't noticed, the Pistons are beating two of the fastest players in the NBA (Manu and Tony) everytime!

I think this series disproves any notion that the "Pistons can't run."

No, Pistons would have swept the Suns, just like the Spurs almost did.
I doubt Detroit could average 110 points a game against the Suns. Detroit can run when they get steals but Nash is very good at protecting the ball. San Antonio is the only team that can run with the Suns. The only weakness that San Antonio is they don't have a pure point guard and Phoenix does. Detroit doesn't have that low post big man that would force Phoenix to double team which is why San Antonio won.

Hassdabballman
06-17-2005, 01:40 PM
"Yeah, you have a nice Defense Detroit, but we had the #1 DEFENSE IN THE REGULAR SEASON..."

Hey buddy u can have the number one defense in the regular season, just as long as my Pistons have the #1 DEFENSE IN THE PLAYOFFS.....

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 01:41 PM
I see another troll has joined our midst.

mavsfan1000
06-17-2005, 02:25 PM
"Yeah, you have a nice Defense Detroit, but we had the #1 DEFENSE IN THE REGULAR SEASON..."

Hey buddy u can have the number one defense in the regular season, just as long as my Pistons have the #1 DEFENSE IN THE PLAYOFFS.....
The Spurs have played better offensive teams in the playoffs than Detroit has. Right now it is an even series but I expect San Antonio to win game 5 because Ginobili and Parker get 2 days off which make them quicker.

manu = balki
06-17-2005, 02:30 PM
this thread make no sense to manu. i no like it. it is ridikalus.

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Balki best basket-ball player in all of Mipos.

wsdp
06-17-2005, 03:40 PM
The Spurs have played better offensive teams in the playoffs than Detroit has. Right now it is an even series but I expect San Antonio to win game 5 because Ginobili and Parker get 2 days off which make them quicker.

Listen to the Thompson Brothers on Fox Sports Radio tonight when they fill in for JT ... Rob Thompson joined Cedano this morning on Fox Sports Radio and spoke of entering the shower area w/ one of the non-playoff roster guys ... turning, seeing Ginobli's knee and seeing the thigh contusion cover a very large portion of his thigh and was completely black and blue ...

During all the intereviews they've done with the media, Manu and Pop have blown off the thought of him being injured... as Rob mentioned last night (and you'll hear again tonight when they fill in for Brick) - Ginobli's FAR worse off then coaches and Manu are admitting.

Without Manu @ 90% or above, Spurs offense doesn't operate (now that Duncan's a non-factor)... Sorry San Antonio, but there's good news... go to the betting sites now and you can make money... Pistons are +190 to win the series... you can triple up if you lay your money down now!