PDA

View Full Version : *Calling Jack Bauer fans*

JudynTX
01-09-2012, 03:24 PM
'24' movie scheduled to begin shooting this spring

Kiefer Sutherland says the ’24′ movie remains set for a Spring 2012 production start date and reveals when it take place, with respect to the TV show’s finale.

Sutherland spoke about the 24 movie during the Fox panel at the Broadcasting Company Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour (there’s a mouthful) this past weekend and confirmed that the project is set to begin shooting by “the end of April, beginning of May” in 2012 – which also seems to indicate that Bomback made his end-of-2011 deadline and the final script draft is (basically) all ready to go.

On that note: Sutherland also revealed that the 24 movie will take place six months after the show finale and is plot-wise a “relatively direct continuation” of that concluding episode. While the actor was (naturally) mum concerning details about what exactly will happen next to his onscreen terrorist-fighting counterpart in the film, he did clarify that the 24 movie (like each season of the show) takes place over the course of a 24-hour day.

While Sutherland refrained from revealing what other actors might be returning from the original show, TV Guide‘s William Keck recently Tweeted that 24 producer Howard Gordon revealed to him that brilliant programmer/hacker Chloe O’Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub) will figure into the plot, alongside a “new cast.”

There’s stil no word about who will be directing the 24 movie, but that should change in the near future; likewise, expect there to be more official casting announcements for the project over the next couple of months.

http://screenrant.com/24-movie-production-plot-details-sandy-146501/

cantthinkofanything
01-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I missed getting into this show when it came on. How good a show was it? What are some shows that are on the same level? Breaking Bad > 24 > ????

lefty
01-09-2012, 03:34 PM
24 is an overrated POS

JudynTX
01-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Tbh just recently started re watching the season on Netflix, out of order :lol

Season 4 and 5 were amazing, 6 was pretty shitty. Just started 3 and it's pretty slow..

I'll have to go back and watch S6 to remember what happened. :lol

JudynTX
01-09-2012, 03:37 PM
I missed getting into this show when it came on. How good a show was it? What are some shows that are on the same level? Breaking Bad > 24 > ????

You can't compare it to Breaking Bad. :td

cantthinkofanything
01-09-2012, 03:39 PM
You can't compare it to Breaking Bad. :td

I'm just looking for a point of reference. Not that the shows are anything alike. I want someone to put in in a scale based on what I watch and like/dislike. So I'll know if it's worth the time.

JudynTX
01-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm just looking for a point of reference. Not that the shows are anything alike. I want someone to put in in a scale based on what I watch and like/dislike. So I'll know if it's worth the time.

Hmmmm, gonna have to think about this for a minute.

Spurminator
01-09-2012, 03:55 PM
I have a hard time comparing 24 to other TV shows, but if you like James Bond or Bourne movies, it's worth giving a shot.

You have to suspend disbelief a lot (which I couldn't do anymore by season 6 because the twists and cameos got far too ridiculous), but Jack Bauer is a really good character.

I'll give the movie a shot. I hope it's more Homeland than later-season 24, though.

cantthinkofanything
01-09-2012, 04:00 PM
I gave Homeland a shot because of the reviews from Spurstalk and really like the show. About halfway through the first season and from what I understand, it picks up from here.

cantthinkofanything
01-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Sounds like the show is so-so. I think I've heard enough.

cantthinkofanything
01-09-2012, 04:20 PM
At least watch 4 & 5 tbh.

Yeah, I don't know. Other shows that I'd probably try to catch up before 24 are Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, and maybe Walking Dead.

And I'll probably never get to those.

TBH, the only shows that I went back to catch up on and stayed with it were Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, and The Wire.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-09-2012, 04:35 PM
First 3 season are ruined a lot just by Elisha cuthbert and her lame scenes. She may be hot but she is an annoying terrible actor imo

Damn straight. Most of the actors were good enough that they could carry off any of their ridiculous lines and plots believably enough. If the season finale called for Jack to disarm a nuke by hate fucking the uranium core into submssion Kiefer Sutherland would have made me believe it. For some reason they saddled the worst actress on the show with the most insane character arc: from troubled teen to live-in nanny to CLASSIFIED INTELLIGENCE ANALYST. The show would fly along at a break neck pace and then she'd show up and just suck the energy right out of the episode.

Damn that fucking mountain lion for not finishing her off.

CosmicCowboy
01-09-2012, 05:34 PM
First 3 season are ruined a lot just by Elisha cuthbert and her lame scenes. She may be hot but she is an annoying terrible actor imo

However, if she gets naked in the movie sequel it would probably be OK...

Viva Las Espuelas
01-09-2012, 06:26 PM
However, if she gets naked in the movie sequel it would probably be OK...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rNN4bmi7rNE/TaXQd4i7dUI/AAAAAAAAAbU/9iSOAOKMQJs/s1600/facebook-like-button.jpg

shyne
01-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Can't remember did tony die? I mean really die cause I know he faked it like a million times.

oh crap
01-09-2012, 08:29 PM
cuthbert was bad but she didn't really bother me. i really hated the bitch president though, well except for when she threatened war with the widow if her peace treaty wasn't signed. other than that, i couldn't stand the whore. anyway, this show goes from really good to just plain bad. i thought the first few seasons were pretty good but the last 2 were fucking hard to watch, I mean i had to force myself and it was painful.

Leetonidas
01-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Best show ever, especially if you tune out the bullshit plot twists and just focus on Jack's badassery. I watched the season with Dubaku and then Juma which leads into Jon Voight getting fucked and then Tony getting so close to his revenge only to be cockblocked by Jack. Good season, though the final season I watched the first couple episodes and it wasn't as good imo. But yeah 4 and 5 are the shit, I forget which one it is where Jack bites out the jugular of that one habib but that shit was cash

CuckingFunt
01-10-2012, 12:11 AM
A show that succeeds only when things are exploding is a show that doesn't succeed, in my opinion.

I know a lot of people who loved it, several of whom are people whose taste I usually trust, but I just couldn't get into the show at all. I don't doubt it's the kind of show that needs to be watched in its entirety to fully appreciate (hell, that's the case with most shows), but I saw nothing in the handful of episodes I've caught that made me even the least bit curious enough to put in the time.

Leetonidas
01-10-2012, 12:12 AM
It's not always about shit exploding...

CuckingFunt
01-10-2012, 12:19 AM
No. Apparently it's also about jugular biting.

blkroadrunners
01-10-2012, 02:12 AM
24 is an overrated POS

:nope Bite your tongue lefty!

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-10-2012, 09:14 AM
cuthbert was bad but she didn't really bother me. i really hated the bitch president though, well except for when she threatened war with the widow if her peace treaty wasn't signed. other than that, i couldn't stand the whore. anyway, this show goes from really good to just plain bad. i thought the first few seasons were pretty good but the last 2 were fucking hard to watch, I mean i had to force myself and it was painful.

She was the reason I didn't bother with the last season. I could stomach Kim Bauer for the sake of the rest of the show because even at her worst she was only fucking up maybe 10 minutes out of most episodes she showed up in and after season three that wasn't many. I hated the president almost as much and couldn't stand the thought of having to put up with her eating up a quarter or a third of every episode for another whole year.

Which I guess means that someone needs to catch me up on what the hell happened in the final season if I'm going to go see this thing.

JudynTX
01-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Ok, that does it. I'm gonna have to rewatch the entire series. :lol

CYcGJnOXv9E

Spurminator
01-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Which I guess means that someone needs to catch me up on what the hell happened in the final season if I'm going to go see this thing.

Shit, I didn't even think about that. I hope seasons 7 and 8 aren't essential background for the movie.

Leetonidas
01-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Tbh wtchun it stoned now, good shot :tu

:tu

Leetonidas
01-10-2012, 12:31 PM
She was the reason I didn't bother with the last season. I could stomach Kim Bauer for the sake of the rest of the show because even at her worst she was only fucking up maybe 10 minutes out of most episodes she showed up in and after season three that wasn't many. I hated the president almost as much and couldn't stand the thought of having to put up with her eating up a quarter or a third of every episode for another whole year.

Someone told me she dies, not sure if that's true though

101A
01-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Sounds like the show is so-so. I think I've heard enough.

No it's not; just some haters; watch first couple of episodes of Season 1 - you'll either be hooked, or not. I can't think of a comparable TV series.

101A
01-11-2012, 12:20 PM
"I'm going to need a saw". Worth watching for JUST that line.