PDA

View Full Version : Barry Larkin only new HOFer, McGwire denied again

DeadlyDynasty
01-09-2012, 04:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7443141/ex-reds-great-larkin-elected-hall-fame

Palmeiro was snubbed too.

Looks like the committee is insistent upon denying the juicers. I'm curious how long they'll make these guys sweat it out.

JMarkJohns
01-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Probably until they die. They get in but aren't honored.

Spurminator
01-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Well I guess this opens up the possibility of Bagwell and Biggio going in together, which would be cool. But it probably wouldn't be next year.

monosylab1k
01-10-2012, 11:00 AM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7443141/ex-reds-great-larkin-elected-hall-fame

Palmeiro was snubbed too.

Looks like the committee is insistent upon denying the juicers. I'm curious how long they'll make these guys sweat it out.

:lmao Larry Walker got more votes than McGwire. Hitting the ball in Colorado is basically like playing on steroids.

rascal
01-10-2012, 12:24 PM
I heard Ron Santo also got in.

baseline bum
01-10-2012, 08:48 PM
McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, Palmeiro, and Clemens all need to be in. In baseball you're supposed to cheat and Selig saw no reason to test when McGwire and Sosa were bringing the game back after the fans were pissed with the strike. The Hall of Fame should have an exhibit dedicated to how shitty Bud Selig has been.

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2012, 11:43 PM
McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, Palmeiro, and Clemens all need to be in. In baseball you're supposed to cheat and Selig saw no reason to test when McGwire and Sosa were bringing the game back after the fans were pissed with the strike. The Hall of Fame should have an exhibit dedicated to how shitty Bud Selig has been.

+1...however you feel personally about the juicers--Bud Selig, the baseball writers, and everyone else should be culpable for turning a blind eye to it. Baseball was pretty much dead and buried after the strike, but a few things brought it back:

-Cal Ripken breaking Lou Gehrig's record
-The Yankees winning their 1st WS in nearly 20 years...exciting series.

-and most importantly, STEROIDS. McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, A-Rod, Clemens, etc...they all made BB more popular than its ever been in its 150+ year history. The bigwigs knew what was going on, but the money was rolling in so they didnt give a fuck. To deny these guys for something that everybody involved is responsible for is petty and vindictive....but then again baseball bureaucracy's always been that way.

Sean Cagney
01-12-2012, 02:38 AM
Too damn bad my boy Eric Davis could not stay healthy a few years in his career or else they would have been inducted as two Reds together! Great team they had.