PDA

View Full Version : Pop needs to give Manu the keys...

SWC Bonfire
06-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Pop needs to call Manu into his office (if he has one on the road) and tell him that he expects him to take this team to the next level. He needs to let Manu get on some guys and just stand back. He needs to call open ended plays for him - and let him make the decisions and ad lib a bit. Manu has proven that he can take over this team at times this year, and has proven that he can get it done at the highest levels.

I think a lot of the frustration that he has had would be gone, because he would be thinking about leading the team, not what has happened to him as an induvidual.

Pop says at the next film meeting, "we're going with Manu, and this is what we're going to do," etc. The Spurs are professionals, respect Manu and his ability and leadership, and I think Timmy & TP would be all for it.

We'd just have to get a Argentina English to Alabama English translator for Horry. :lol Jimmy Chang still available?

spur219
06-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Manu would have to be the motivator out their becuase he is the one that expresses himself the most.

smeagol
06-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Not sure this is the key. But something need to be done, that's for sure.

King
06-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Why? So Manu can hold the ball at the top of the key and not drive before throwing it away?

SWC Bonfire
06-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Why? So Manu can hold the ball at the top of the key and not drive before throwing it away?

I think Manu should get a free pass to blow a play up whenever he feels like it. Screw passing the ball down to Tim or trying to kill time to set a double screen on the baseline, if Manu see something he wants, or some immediate mismatch that may develop, he needs to be going for it.