PDA

View Full Version : Schools in the FBS should only include the following:

Blake
01-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Imo, except I need to cut another few teams to get to 48. (4 12-team conferences)

In no particular order, top 50+ that have reason to get in:

1. LSU
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma State
4. Stanford
5. Oregon
6. Arkansas
8. Kansas State
9. South Carolina
10. Wisconsin
11. Virginia Tech
12. Baylor
13. Michigan
14. Oklahoma
15. Clemson
16. Georgia
17. Michigan State
18. TCU
19. Houston
20. Nebraska
22. Penn State
23. West Virginia
24. Texas
25. Auburn
26. Texas A&M
27. Florida st
28. BYU
29. Georgia Tech
30. Cal
31. Iowa
32. Missi St
33. Florida
34. Washington
35. Ohio st
37. Miami
38. Arizona St
39. NC St
40. Pitt
41. UCLA
42. Illinois
43. Tennessee
44. Texas Tech
45. Purdue
46. Arizona
47. Syracuse
48. Boston College
49. Washington St
50. Kansas
51. Oregon St
53. Colorado
54. Ole Miss

Giuseppe
01-10-2012, 06:27 PM
You'd have to have Media spearhead such a notion, and daddy, they wouldn't do that for all the rice in China.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Why would Texas Tech be included?

ChumpDumper
01-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Media!

Blake
01-10-2012, 06:35 PM
You'd have to have Media spearhead such a notion, and daddy, they wouldn't do that for all the rice in China.

Nothing to do with Media.

The impending lawsuit from the remaining 60+ schools would kill my dream before it starts

Blake
01-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Why would Texas Tech be included?

I figure if you are just one win away from being in the title game just a few years ago, I think heavy consideration should go your way if the conferences were to reform today.

I also think enrollment, fan attendance and recent tv appearances should also be a factor.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I figure if you are just one win away from being in the title game just a few years ago, I think heavy consideration should go your way if the conferences were to reform today.

I also think enrollment, fan attendance and recent tv appearances should also be a factor.That's adorable.

Blake
01-10-2012, 07:26 PM
That's adorable.

Thanks

Those were some of my own reasons, but tbh, I don't see any reason Tech wouldn't make the top 48 in the real world.

Do you?

ChumpDumper
01-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks

Those were some of my own reasons, but tbh, I don't see any reason Tech wouldn't make the top 48 in the real world.

Do you?I just think it's curious that Tech would make it over teams that have actually gone to BCS bowls.

Blake
01-10-2012, 08:50 PM
I just think it's curious that Tech would make it over teams that have actually gone to BCS bowls.

The best/ better teams don't always get to go to a BCS bowl.

This year was no exception.

JayTheClown
01-10-2012, 08:54 PM
You should have added Arizona State in there so Texas Tech could have a academic partner.

Blake
01-10-2012, 08:57 PM
You should have added Arizona State in there so Texas Tech could have a academic partner.

#38 :tu

they're in automatically because they've been in a title game that I can recall watching.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2012, 09:20 PM
The best/ better teams don't always get to go to a BCS bowl.

This year was no exception.But Texas Tech was never one of those teams.

Blake
01-10-2012, 09:42 PM
But Texas Tech was never one of those teams.

2008, Tech was ranked higher in the BCS standings (#7) than Penn St, Ohio St, and Cincinnati heading into the bowl season

Sisk
01-10-2012, 09:50 PM
But Texas Tech was never one of those teams.

Gosh you're an idiot.

NFO
01-10-2012, 10:01 PM
2008, Tech was ranked higher in the BCS standings (#7) than Penn St, Ohio St, and Cincinnati heading into the bowl season

Cincinnati was the Big East automatic bid and both Penn St and Ohio St travel significantly more than Red Raider fans, not to mention they bring more eyes to televisions than Texas Tech could ever dream of.

The goal of the BCS was to stage a 1 vs 2 matchup, the remainder of the bowls are there to make money, and Texas Tech can't bring in anywhere near the coin the traditional schools can.

Blake
01-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Cincinnati was the Big East automatic bid and both Penn St and Ohio St travel significantly more than Red Raider fans, not to mention they bring more eyes to televisions than Texas Tech could ever dream of.

The goal of the BCS was to stage a 1 vs 2 matchup, the remainder of the bowls are there to make money, and Texas Tech can't bring in anywhere near the coin the traditional schools can.

OU and UT were ranked higher.

Seriously, this guy is a fucking idiot.

NFO
01-11-2012, 09:08 AM
OU and UT were ranked higher.

Seriously, this guy is a fucking idiot.

There are a handful of ways you can guarantee a BCS bid. If Tech was ranked #7 and OU an UT were ranked higher one of them got the autoamtic bid, which was OU. Texas was ranked #3 so they were guaranteed a BCS slot. If Texas was ranked either #5 or #6 the Fiesta Bowl still would have selected Texas and Ohio State even though Tech was ranked higher than Ohio State and Texas wasn't guaranteed a BCS slot for finishing in the top 4.

Face it dude Tech doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant an at large selection. The sooner you realize that the sooner people can stop spoon feeding you basic imformation that most 5 year olds can grasp.

Blake continues to leave out important facts and is a complete moron. I sure hope you were looking in a mirror when you said, "guy is a freaking idiot"

You make Sisk look like a fucking genius and that is damn near impossible to do.

Blake
01-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Face it dude Tech doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant an at large selection. The sooner you realize that the sooner people can stop spoon feeding you basic imformation that most 5 year olds can grasp.

Blake continues to leave out important facts and is a complete moron. I sure hope you were looking in a mirror when you said, "guy is a freaking idiot"

You make Sisk look like a fucking genius and that is damn near impossible to do.

Rofl.

I have some tangible evidence that Tech would most likely have received an at-large bid to the Fiesta Bowl had UT and OU not been ahead in the rankings, taking up the two Big12 spots.

If you would like me to confirm how much of a fucking idiot you really are right in front of your face, just say the word.

The Gemini Method
01-11-2012, 12:38 PM
No USC?

Sisk
01-11-2012, 01:06 PM

http://i42.tinypic.com/21eb33q.jpg

Blake
01-11-2012, 01:15 PM
No USC?

They aren't on the list?

Shame, but I'm sure they'll dominate in the FCS.

The Gemini Method
01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
They aren't on the list?

Shame, but I'm sure they'll dominate in the FCS.

Can't wait for those Appalachian St. vs USC barnburners!!! I may need to make a trip to Boone, NC to watch the away game!

DeadlyDynasty
01-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Can't wait for those Appalachian St. vs USC barnburners!!! I may need to make a trip to Boone, NC to watch the away game!

Fun fact: I bought a GameGear at a Pawn Shop in Boone, NC about 15 years ago. I don't know why I remember this, or why anyone would give a shit, but I felt it pertinent to the discussion.

The Gemini Method
01-11-2012, 01:58 PM
GameGear was a nifty hand-held...if it had better marketing and development team and SEGA didn't start its notorious ADHD development, it might've spawned something bigger.

Altered Beast on the thing was dopeness!

I think, though, this is a great idea--maybe add somewhat of a EPL twist to it and have like the bottom quarter of teams relegated on a yearly basis...that way you'll have incentive to improve your team.

jgome21
01-11-2012, 02:40 PM
This past yr was the first time Tech didn't make a bowl game in the entire Big XII's existence. I may be a homer, but Tech belongs. And in 2008, Tech would have gotten an at large BCS bid if they had a higher BCS standing than UT and OU. We didn't therefore we were left out. BTW, just wait till the Michael Brewer era begins.

elbamba
01-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Utah has two BCS wins. One over Alabama and another over Pitt. I think they automatically qualify.

Blake
01-11-2012, 05:25 PM
updated list:

1. LSU
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma State
4. Stanford
5. Oregon
6. Arkansas
8. Kansas State
9. South Carolina
10. Wisconsin
11. Virginia Tech
12. Baylor
13. Michigan
14. Oklahoma
15. Clemson
16. Georgia
17. Michigan State
18. TCU
19. Houston
20. Nebraska
22. Penn State
23. West Virginia
24. Texas
25. Auburn
26. Texas A&M
27. Florida st
28. BYU
29. Georgia Tech
30. Cal
31. Iowa
32. Missi St
33. Florida
34. Washington
35. Ohio st
37. Miami
38. Arizona St
39. NC St
40. Pitt
41. UCLA
42. Illinois
43. Tennessee
44. Texas Tech
45. Purdue
46. Arizona
47. Syracuse
48. Boston College
49. Washington St
50. Kansas
51. Oregon St
53. Colorado
54. Ole Miss
55. Southern Cal
56. Notre Dame
57. Utah

can't seem to get it down to 48, so it will have to go 60, which means 5 12-team conferences.

58. SMU
59. Louisville
60. North Carolina

conference winner with the highest bcs rating gets a first round playoff bye

the 4 BCS bowls rotate games.

playoff game
playoff game
3rd place game
NC game

the other 60 schools left out would form another FBS level and have a similar system.

perfect college football world, imo

Blake
01-11-2012, 05:27 PM
BTW, just wait till the Michael Brewer era begins.

meh... Scotty Young might be better.

Either way, I'm still waiting for a defensive era to begin.

Bill_Brasky
01-11-2012, 05:44 PM
This past yr was the first time Tech didn't make a bowl game in the entire Big XII's existence. I may be a homer, but Tech belongs. And in 2008, Tech would have gotten an at large BCS bid if they had a higher BCS standing than UT and OU. We didn't therefore we were left out. BTW, just wait till the Michael Brewer era begins.

3rd highest winning % in a conference with UT and OU ain't bad IMHO

Wish we could play some D though.

The Gemini Method
01-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Washington St. perhaps in the 90's would be there--I would put them in the 2nd tier...

The Reckoning
01-11-2012, 06:59 PM
this list will be 115 by tomorrow

NFO
01-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I have some tangible evidence that Tech would most likely have received an at-large bid to the Fiesta Bowl

Way to go out on a limb there "would most likely" :rollin

I would love to see "some tangible" evidence. :corn:

Blake
01-11-2012, 08:12 PM
this list will be 115 by tomorrow

Definitely no room for Akron or Buffalo

Blake
01-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Way to go out on a limb there "would most likely" :rollin

I would love to see you post more rumors of UT going to the Big 10.

I'm going to miss those. They were fucking hilarious.

JayTheClown
01-11-2012, 09:34 PM
updated list:

1. LSU
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma State
4. Stanford
5. Oregon
6. Arkansas
8. Kansas State
9. South Carolina
10. Wisconsin
11. Virginia Tech
12. Baylor
13. Michigan
14. Oklahoma
15. Clemson
16. Georgia
17. Michigan State
18. TCU
19. Houston
20. Nebraska
22. Penn State
23. West Virginia
24. Texas
25. Auburn
26. Texas A&M
27. Florida st
28. BYU
29. Georgia Tech
30. Cal
31. Iowa
32. Missi St
33. Florida
34. Washington
35. Ohio st
37. Miami
38. Arizona St
39. NC St
40. Pitt
41. UCLA
42. Illinois
43. Tennessee
44. Texas Tech
45. Purdue
46. Arizona
47. Syracuse
48. Boston College
49. Washington St
50. Kansas
51. Oregon St
53. Colorado
54. Ole Miss
55. Southern Cal
56. Notre Dame
57. Utah

can't seem to get it down to 48, so it will have to go 60, which means 5 12-team conferences.

58. SMU
59. Louisville
60. North Carolina

conference winner with the highest bcs rating gets a first round playoff bye

the 4 BCS bowls rotate games.

playoff game
playoff game
3rd place game
NC game

the other 60 schools left out would form another FBS level and have a similar system.

perfect college football world, imo

Better list now my school is on there now.:king

Blake
01-12-2012, 09:34 AM

Fiesta Bowl keeping eyes on Red Raiders

......Texas Tech advanced to No. 7 in the BCS standings Sunday, a day after the Red Raiders whipped a ranked team with a couple of BCS bowl reps looking on.

Steve Whiteman, a Fiesta Bowl board member and part of the game's selection committee, couldn't help but be impressed with Tech during its 63-21 rout of Kansas on Saturday in Lawrence, Kan.

"Obviously, Texas Tech looks like a fabulous football team - offensively, just extremely good and defensively they came to play,'' said Whiteman, one of two Fiesta Bowl reps in attendance. "Very impressed with Texas Tech. I'm sure we'll be out there for a couple games over the next few weeks and obviously they're one to keep an eye on.''

"We're excited to see how they're playing,'' Whiteman said. "Clearly, they'll be a major factor in our game and, in general, the BCS they'll be a factor definitely. Tough next three weeks, though. Good thing two are at home. If they get through, they'll have earned it; that's for sure.''

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/102708/spo_348687276.shtml

Fiesta Bowl officials were also in Lubbock for the Tech/UT game.

You've been proven stupid. Again.

JoeTait75
01-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Definitely no room for Akron or Buffalo

As a Kent State alum, I'd be delighted if the entire Mid-American Conference got demoted to FCS status.

NFO
01-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Fiesta Bowl officials were also in Lubbock for the Tech/UT game.

You've been proven stupid. Again.

That was your tangible evidence :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Bowl officials always travel to college games to scout teams prior to bowl selection to review "potential". That doesn't even come close to proving that if Texas was ranked lower than #4 in the final BCS poll that the Red Raiders would have got the bid over them.

I guess since you stated "would most likely" you have an out. But what a fucking joke.

I was expecting "some tangible" evidence to be a picture of your wife from 2008 giving the CEO of the Fiesta Bowl a blow job as "some" tangible evidence that Tech would most likely have gotten the bid had UT not been eligible.

Blake
01-12-2012, 11:42 AM

If this were true, Fiesta Bowl officials wouldn't waste coin and time traveling to places like Lawrence and Lubbock.

Nate From Ohio continues to provide tangible evidence of being stupid.

NFO
01-12-2012, 12:10 PM
If this were true, Fiesta Bowl officials wouldn't waste coin and time traveling to places like Lawrence and Lubbock.

So you are putting your faith in Fiesta Bowl Officials that (a) had the CEO terminated and had employees commit numeruous non-profit rules, which specficially included bowl lobbying efforts and spending practices?

"John Junker, chief executive officer for Arizona's Fiesta Bowl , was fired Tuesday amid multiple investigations of alleged political campaign-finance violations and other financial misconduct, according to bowl officials."

"In December 2009, The Arizona Republic reported on political contributions by Fiesta Bowl employees who said they were reimbursed by the organization, a potential legal violation as well as a violation of the organization's tax-exempt status. The article also described bowl lobbying efforts and spending practices, both of which could breach federal rules for nonprofits."

Link (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/03/29/20110329fiesta-bowl-report-john-junker-fired.html)

What other tangible evidence do you have? Still waiting for something that is worth a damn.

Blake
01-12-2012, 12:22 PM
The fact that fiesta bowl officials flew to Lawrence, Kansas is enough tangible evidence to prove that Tech was under consideration for an at-large bid.

No other evidence required to prove that you are stupid, but keep throwing out more proof that you are. It's good stuff. :tu

jgome21
01-12-2012, 12:25 PM
meh... Scotty Young might be better.

Either way, I'm still waiting for a defensive era to begin.

When I went to last yr's spring game, Brewer outperformed Young. Should be interesting to see who starts after Doege. I'm just glad we finally got the D-Cord position settled. I hope we can see some progression. I'm also worried about the RB situation with all the knee injuries.

NFO
01-12-2012, 12:31 PM
The fact that fiesta bowl officials flew to Lawrence, Kansas is enough tangible evidence to prove that Tech was under consideration for an at-large bid.

So now under consideration means "most likely would have selected Tech" :rollin

Still no "tangible evidence" that Fiesta bowl officals would have selected Tech over Texas had Texas finished lower than #4.

is enough tangible evidence to prove that Tech was under consideration

Not what you initiallly proclaimed. :lmao

Blake
01-12-2012, 01:09 PM
So now under consideration means "most likely would have selected Tech" :rollin

Still no "tangible evidence" that Fiesta bowl officals would have selected Tech over Texas had Texas finished lower than #4.

Not what you initiallly proclaimed. :lmao

Right, I initially said "most likely would have". Had UT and OU not been ranked ahead, Tech would "most likely" have gone as an at-large.

Fiesta Bowl officials visiting confirm Tech was under serious consideration.

Nobody ever said it was a guarantee.

Face it dude Tech doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant an at large selection.

You're stupid.

It's been confirmed.

NFO
01-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Right, I initially said "most likely would have". Had UT and OU not been ranked ahead, Tech would "most likely" have gone as an at-large.

Pretty sad you still don't get IT. If UT was ranked lower than fourth and higher than 10th they were going to the Fiesta Bowl and Tech was going to another bowl.

Yeah you said "most likely would have". Once again you went way out on a limb there with an opened statement. Congratulations, what next the weather is going to be different tomorrow.

You also had said you had "some tangible" evidence and only provided quotes from corrupt bowl officials and that corrupt bowl officials went to Tech games. Very lame "tangible" evidence.

I never said Tech wasn't under consideration, just refuting your lame point that Tech would have gone if UT was ranked between 5 and say 10.

You're stupid.

It's been confirmed.

If you confirmed it then there is a 100% there was an error, I mean you couldn't even identify the last time the Big 12 only had one team in the BCS and that was last year.

Blake
01-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Pretty sad you still don't get IT. If UT was ranked lower than fourth and higher than 10th they were going to the Fiesta Bowl and Tech was going to another bowl.

Yeah you said "most likely would have". Once again you went way out on a limb there with an opened statement. Congratulations, what next the weather is going to be different tomorrow.

right, because at-large bids are not guaranteed to any school. We both know this, so there's no reason to go on a limb and guarantee Tech would have gotten in.

Ftr, closed statements like "Face it dude Tech doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant an at large selection" are what stupid posters say.

You also had said you had "some tangible" evidence and only provided quotes from corrupt bowl officials and that corrupt bowl officials went to Tech games. Very lame "tangible" evidence.

Whether the officials are corrupt or not has absolutely nothing to do with whether they were going to invite Tech or not.

You are stupid for implying such.

I never said Tech wasn't under consideration

:lol That's exactly what you said:

Tech doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant an at large selection

You are too stupid to realize how stupid you are.

Blake
01-12-2012, 05:29 PM
If you confirmed it then there is a 100% there was an error, I mean you couldn't even identify the last time the Big 12 only had one team in the BCS and that was last year.

I have confirmed your stupidity on multiple occasions.

A memory lapse on my part doesn't equal stupidity, especially when I start the phrase with "I don't recall off the top of my head".

Your continued ignorance and poor reading comprehension is what makes you stupid.

NFO
01-12-2012, 05:45 PM
I have confirmed your stupidity on multiple occasions.

:lol Only in your own mind, which is pretty much worthless. Better make that totally worthless.

A memory lapse on my part doesn't equal stupidity, especially when I start the phrase with "I don't recall off the top of my head".

Nice excuse.

Your continued ignorance and poor reading comprehension is what makes you stupid.

:rollin whatever you have to tell yourself to make you feel better.

Blake
01-12-2012, 05:58 PM
:rollin whatever you have to tell yourself to make you feel better.

I'm talking to you, stupid.

That's what the "you" in "you are stupid" means.

lebomb
01-19-2012, 02:44 PM
boise st ???

Obstructed_View
01-21-2012, 03:48 PM
What exactly has Baylor done to deserve to be on this list?

BUMP
01-21-2012, 06:16 PM
As of now I would say Tech doesn't belong anywhere near the list.

We're probably the worst athletic program overall in the Big XII. You know it's bad when you become Iowa State's bitch in every sport

Bill_Brasky
01-21-2012, 07:10 PM
As of now I would say Tech doesn't belong anywhere near the list.

We're probably the worst athletic program overall in the Big XII. You know it's bad when you become Iowa State's bitch in every sport

Just finished watching that game.....we are so fucking shit at basketball it's ridiculous. Nobody wants to take a shot it seems, and when they do it's always a brick. We have a fucking 4'11" white deaf kid playing for fuck's sake.

Blake
01-21-2012, 09:13 PM
What exactly has Baylor done to deserve to be on this list?

hard to exclude a school that just had a Heisman winner, imo.

BUMP
01-22-2012, 02:26 AM
Just finished watching that game.....we are so fucking shit at basketball it's ridiculous. Nobody wants to take a shot it seems, and when they do it's always a brick. We have a fucking 4'11" white deaf kid playing for fuck's sake.

:lol

i see that kid at the rec all the time. To his credit the guy is an incredible shooter but then again what else are you gonna be able to do when you're built like he is

Obstructed_View
01-22-2012, 02:41 AM
hard to exclude a school that just had a Heisman winner, imo.

Fair enough, and I hope the retard coach carousel of the last 25 years is finally over so they can be decent again. I was just pointing out the inequities of the proposal. TCU thought they deserved to be in the big 12 more than Baylor, ridiculous as that was, so there's always someone who feels screwed.

vander
01-27-2012, 09:01 PM
boise st ???

they needed to make 2 more field goals to make the list, or one more field goal and one less fumble by the 4th string RB while running out the clock

:bang

Girasuck
01-28-2012, 03:12 PM
LMAO at Utah not on the original list. Great work there.

blackfire12
01-28-2012, 09:44 PM

Quality here :rolleyes

Blake
01-30-2012, 03:12 PM
they needed to make 2 more field goals to make the list, or one more field goal and one less fumble by the 4th string RB while running out the clock

:bang

no idea what you are referring to.

Blake
01-30-2012, 03:14 PM

Lmao anyone outside of Utah noticing

dirk4mvp
01-30-2012, 04:54 PM
We're in and we're staying in.