PDA

View Full Version : U-Verse FSSW blackout in houston

Fireace22
01-10-2012, 08:05 PM
I am from SA, but have been in Houston for a couple years going to school at UH. Anyway, I switched to At&T this year mainly for access to FSSW to watch Spurs games... However, after getting back from Christmas break all three games have been blacked out since I returned.

I assumed one game had to do with it also being on NBAtv and the others have both taken place during Rockets games.... Are they being blacked out because the rockets are also playing? Basically I'm wondering if I will only be able to watch games through streams/LP or when they are nationally televised.

Any help or knowledge with the situation is appreciated, thanks.

cantthinkofanything
01-10-2012, 08:12 PM
I am from SA, but have been in Houston for a couple years going to school at UH. Anyway, I switched to At&T this year mainly for access to FSSW to watch Spurs games... However, after getting back from Christmas break all three games have been blacked out since I returned.

I assumed one game had to do with it also being on NBAtv and the others have both taken place during Rockets games.... Are they being blacked out because the rockets are also playing? Basically I'm wondering if I will only be able to watch games through streams/LP or when they are nationally televised.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to see any Spurs games on Fox unless they play Houston. I'm in the exact same situation in Ft. Worth.

Fireace22
01-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Unfortunately, you won't be able to see any Spurs games on Fox unless they play Houston. I'm in the exact same situation in Ft. Worth.

Well that sucks.... It is pretty ridiculous that I have both fox sports houston and fox sports southwest (which they call fox sports san antonio here). Spurs insider well be shown before the game, but as soon as game time hits the broadcast is blacked out.

baseline bum
01-10-2012, 08:39 PM

You can see Spurs/Rockets matchups in Ft. Worth? Wow.

cantthinkofanything
01-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Well that sucks.... It is pretty ridiculous that I have both fox sports houston and fox sports southwest (which they call fox sports san antonio here). Spurs insider well be shown before the game, but as soon as game time hits the broadcast is blacked out.

yeah...it's bullshit. Up until this season, Att didn't even offer League Pass. Not that the blackout issue is their doing.

jermaine
01-10-2012, 08:51 PM
I guess he hasn't read all the other problems we've been talking about in the other topic. But I feel ya. We're all fucked, not just you.

cantthinkofanything
01-10-2012, 08:59 PM
You can see Spurs/Rockets matchups in Ft. Worth? Wow.

now where's that middle finger smiley...

YoMamaIsCallin
01-11-2012, 12:09 AM

RSNs (regional sports networks) like Fox Sports Net will only show live games on your local RSN. If your provider carries the other RSNs, live games are blacked out. That's because they are, by contract, regional networks only for live games. It has nothing to do with AT&T, nor NBA TV.

If you want to see Spurs games in Houston you will have to get NBA League Pass. otherwise you'll only see nationally televised games, and games against the Rockets.

jimo2305
01-11-2012, 05:36 AM
lol at blackouts..

if y'all wanna see spurs games.. just IM me whenever they're playing..

Seventyniner
01-11-2012, 05:21 PM
I have League Pass, and am in the Houston area, and the Spurs/Rockets games get blacked out for me too. I have to watch them on Fox Sports Southwest.

jermaine
01-11-2012, 05:34 PM
I hope I get to watch a spurs game today. It's not on my league pass channel 953.

DPG21920
01-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Jermaine, I was told about channel 953 that the reason it's blacked out is because the game isn't sold out so they requested a black out. That doesn't make any sense however since we aren't in that market and all the games on this channel are blacked out all the time. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor so they put me on hold and hung up.

jermaine
01-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Jermaine, I was told about channel 953 that the reason it's blacked out is because the game isn't sold out so they requested a black out. That doesn't make any sense however since we aren't in that market and all the games on this channel are blacked out all the time. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor so they put me on hold and hung up.
:rollin thats the same thing that happened to me. :ihit

birdy219
01-13-2012, 09:02 PM
:rollin thats the same thing that happened to me. :ihit

Same thing with me. I only bought league pass for the Spurs and they are also blacked out.:bang I am no where near San Antonio. :flag:

jermaine
01-13-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm watching online. But its choppy. But I didn't know we wasn't pose to ask about where to watch games soooo I'm sorry Mr Timvp.

DPG21920
01-13-2012, 10:44 PM
I have 2 other channels on NBA LP blacked out as well like the Hornets game??? WTF

jermaine
01-13-2012, 10:55 PM
i watched it online tonight. But I havent looked at those other channels. I only watch Spurs games(which I never really get to see).

DPG21920
01-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Ya, I watched on LP online but that's not the point. Im calling back.