PDA

View Full Version : El Presidente Romney

cheguevara
01-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Turns out Mitt is Mexican :lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/08/mitt-romney-mexican_n_1192694.html
Mitt Romney's Mexican Roots; His Father Was Born In Mexico, Could Choose Dual Citizenship

Four years after electing its first black president, the U.S. could soon have its first presidential nominee whose father was born in Mexico.

It's already been published: Mitt Romney's father is Mexican. George Romney was born in 1907 in an American colony in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.

This could could make his son, Mitt, today's favorite to be the GOP presidential candidate, a potential Mexican citizen, with full rights.

Check out any official Mexican guide for "paisanos" - those living in the U.S. - that now appear to have been written with Romney's father in mind: "Dear Paisano: If you are Mexican and have children born in the United States, by registering them in any Mexican consulate they will have dual nationality."

In fact, the GOP front runner has deep roots in Mexico, including his second cousin Leighton Romney, and about 40 other relatives descended from religious pioneers who first traveled to Mexico 125 years ago, according to report airing tonight on NBC's "Rock Center with Brian Williams." The Romneys of Mexico live in Colonia Juarez and Colonia Dublan, two remaining settlements just 175 miles south of the border. They said they support the candidate and are proud of their family history. Romney has never come to visit.

"He's got a great pioneer heritage starting with people that crossed the plains going from Illinois to Utah, and then on from Utah down to Mexico," Leighton Romney told NBC's Mike Taibbi. "So there's a great heritage there of people that had to fight for what they believed in and for people that had to travel to different places and learn different things. I think there's a vast amount of experience that he could draw from there."

Of course, Romney never considered himself Mexican. He has said little about this part of his life. His family moved to that country fleeing American laws against polygamy, then considered a crucial pillar of his church.

The Romneys are Mexican since Miles Park Romney crossed the border in 1884, rejecting the Edmund Act that in 1882 declared polygamy a felony.

:lmao

101A
01-11-2012, 10:30 AM
That plot twist there at the end TRULY caught me off guard.

Thinkin' somewhere, somehow that whole only two generations removed from polygamists thing makes it into the national consciousness.

Romney is not electable. Obama '12 = Bush '04 = Clinton '96: ridiculously weak opponents.

cheguevara
01-11-2012, 10:59 AM
the mexican great grandson of felons has as much right to be president as a Kenyan Muslim called Hussein IMO

101A
01-11-2012, 11:08 AM
the mexican great grandson of felons has as much right to be president as a Kenyan Muslim called Hussein IMO

It's not so much they were felonious, but HOW they were felonious :toast (just piling on the anti-mormon bias that exists is a large swath of the Republican base). If Romney is a Catholic former governor of Massachusetts, I think he would have a chance. He, however, is not, and he doesn't. I am married to a (reformed) Southern Baptist raised in the buckle of the bible belt - I know of what I speak.

Winehole23
01-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Romney is not electable. Obama '12 = Bush '04 = Clinton '96: ridiculously weak opponents.we do know Romney could not beat a woefully underfunded John McCain in 2008.

JoeChalupa
01-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Romney tiene muncho dinero, es verdad.

hater
01-11-2012, 11:36 AM
:lmao the son of a taco eating burrito breath

Viva Las Espuelas
01-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Donde esta la biblioteca?

gameFACE
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
What's the pinche birther movement going to do now? They should ask to see his green card!

CosmicCowboy
01-11-2012, 12:19 PM
So how many wives did Romney's grandfather have?

cheguevara
01-11-2012, 12:20 PM
"While Mitt Romney condemns polygamy and its prior practice by his Mormon church, the Republican presidential candidate’s great-grandfather had five wives and at least one of his great-great grandfathers had 12."

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/mitt_romneys_great_great_grandfather_had_12_wives/

CosmicCowboy
01-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Well that's one way of increasing your odds that your great grandson will be President...have a lot of them...:lol

Oh, Gee!!
01-11-2012, 01:17 PM
anchor president?

RandomGuy
01-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Donde esta la biblioteca?

:lol

Thanks.

baseline bum
01-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Romney is not electable. Obama '12 = Bush '04 = Clinton '96: ridiculously weak opponents.

Awful incumbents too.

z0sa
01-11-2012, 01:59 PM
did they cross the border legally in 1884?

Viva Las Espuelas
01-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Awful incumbents too.

GASP. '96 Clinton?? I thought he was the modern day Moses.

4>0rings
01-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Fuck yeah... WE DID IT WE DID IT!!! Suck on it whitey!