PDA

View Full Version : Nick Saban..best college ftbl coach??

jgome21
01-11-2012, 10:33 AM
I think Saban has just solidified himself as the best headcoach in the game right now. He's won 3 BCS titles since 03, not to mention he spent two seasons with the Miami Dolphins in between. Pretty impressive for anyone just to win mutliple championships in the SEC alone. Imagine if he didn't leave LSU after his first title with them.

leemajors
01-11-2012, 11:07 AM
No one else has 3 active, hard to argue against it.

Fabbs
01-11-2012, 01:55 PM
He's won 3 BCS titles since 03, not to mention he spent two seasons with the Miami Dolphins in between.
Ballgame. He's the best right now.
Ex Florida guy can jump right up even with him should he title soon at Ohio State.

The Gemini Method
01-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Right now he is the best in the college ranks...can't knock what he's done in the past decade. Got LSU their first title in 45 years in 2003 and resurrected the superpower program in Tuscaloosa, AL with two National Championships in 3 years. Don't see anyone besides the aforementioned Urban Meyer that can even come close to what Saban's done. The question I have is this: Will Saban retire saying Roll Tide or will he get the itch and ascend back to the pros or a different top-tier college program?

leemajors
01-11-2012, 03:05 PM
I think going back to the pros would be a mistake.

DeadlyDynasty
01-11-2012, 03:21 PM
The Bama job is paying him a shitload and he's basically a god in Tuscaloosa now. I agree with lee--'twould be stupid to make the jump back up the pros.

stretch
01-11-2012, 03:26 PM
do heisman candidate quarterbacks get

dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow n

when they see nicky saban?

nope i dont think so. only for...

stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops

jjktkk
01-11-2012, 03:33 PM
The Bama job is paying him a shitload and he's basically a god in Tuscaloosa now. I agree with lee--'twould be stupid to make the jump back up the pros.

I think Saban, after a cup of coffee with the Dolphins, figured out that the NFL is not for him. Too many pro athletes would want to choke the shit out of him.

jgome21
01-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Here are my top 10 head coaches in no particular order

-Saban
-Stoops
-Chris Petersen
- Les Miles
- Frank Beamer
- Bobby Petrino
-Mark Dantonio
-Gary Patterson
-Urban Myer
- Mike Leach (just being a homer here)

stretch
01-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Here are my top 10 head coaches in no particular order

-Saban
-Stoops
-Chris Petersen
- Les Miles
- Frank Beamer
- Bobby Petrino
-Mark Dantonio
-Gary Patterson
-Urban Myer
- Mike Leach (just being a homer here)

You definitely are a homer, but not about Mike Leach. Dude is a damn good coach.

The Gemini Method
01-11-2012, 04:28 PM
I'd add Chip Kelly to that list--getting the Ducks to win their first Rose Bowl in 95 years is quite the accomplishment (chrome helmets notwithstanding)

I'd say the up-and-comers would be:

-Kirby Smart
-Brady Hoke
-Art Briles
-Mike Gundy

I'd put Kiffin here, but I'm still not entirely sold on his longevity and whether or not he'll be able to sustain anything once Barkley concludes his senior year.

stretch
01-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Mack Brown - unquestioned #1 coach...

:rollin

cant even type that without laughing

Blake
01-11-2012, 04:57 PM
1. Saban
2. Urban
3. Stoops
4. Bill Snyder
5. Gary Patterson
6. Mike Gundy
7. Beamer
8. Leach
9. June jones
10. Les Miles

Blake
01-11-2012, 04:58 PM
11. Chip kelly

jgome21
01-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Mack Brown - unquestioned #1 coach...

:rollin

cant even type that without laughing

Yeah, I wouldn't consider Mack Brown in the top 15 coaches....IMO he never was a great x's and o's guy. He's a really great recruiter tho. With all that talent he's had, he should have multiple national titles.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't consider Mack Brown in the top 15 coaches....IMO he never was a great x's and o's guy. He's a really great recruiter tho. With all that talent he's had, he should have multiple national titles.
He coaches at UT, he SHOULD be a great recruiter

stretch
01-12-2012, 01:12 PM

Would definitely have 2, if it wasnt for Brad McCoy being a faggot and forcing his son out of the NC game against Bama, and fabricating that gay-ass story.

Still should have more though. Rather disappointing...

Blake
01-12-2012, 02:24 PM
He coaches at UT, he SHOULD be a great recruiter

It's an easy selling point to be sure, but don't underestimate Mack's salesman abilities.

He was able to get players to come to North Carolina. On the flip side, the two coaches at UT before Brown sucked ass.

leemajors
01-12-2012, 02:52 PM
It's an easy selling point to be sure, but don't underestimate Mack's salesman abilities.

He was able to get players to come to North Carolina. On the flip side, the two coaches at UT before Brown sucked ass.

I met him once before a UT BBall game a few years ago behind the Erwin Center next to the Fox SW truck (my buddy does camera work). Came off as incredibly nice, remembered my name a minute later too. I can only imagine he instantly puts parents at ease, especially on an in home visit.

Greg Oden
01-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Hugh Freeze

watch out faggots

Blake
01-12-2012, 03:15 PM
I met him once before a UT BBall game a few years ago behind the Erwin Center next to the Fox SW truck (my buddy does camera work). Came off as incredibly nice, remembered my name a minute later too. I can only imagine he instantly puts parents at ease, especially on an in home visit.

Tech commit, WR Dominique Wheeler said Mack sent him a Valentines day card.