PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge appears headed for U.S. team tryouts

tlongII
01-11-2012, 11:44 AM
http://portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=132624913676362300

Portland’s LaMarcus Aldridge is likely to be added to the national team roster that will be submitted to FIBA next month.

“I haven’t talked to anybody yet, but I think it’s going to happen,” Aldridge said Tuesday night before the Trail Blazers’ game against the Los Angeles Clippers. “I think I’m going to be invited to the tryouts.”

The Clippers’ Blake Griffin and Aldridge are expected to be added to the group that will try out to represent the U.S. at the Olympic Games in London next year.

Blazer coach Nate McMillan is an assistant coach under Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski with the national team.

“I’m excited,” Aldridge said. “I’ve had opportunities previously in my career to play with the USA team, and it just didn’t work out. This time it fits perfectly in where my career is and my family is. “

USA Basketball is expected to announce a preliminary 19-man roster. A 12-man roster, with six alternates, must be submitted in mid-June.

TDMVPDPOY
01-11-2012, 12:11 PM
the griffin hype has got to stop man.....they have no bigs atm that plays any form defense

lefty
01-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Is Greg Oden going too ?

Killakobe81
01-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Cwebb and Anthony were calling him the best PF in the game ...for the early part of the season ...i agree. But way to early to take title from dirk, who just rang.

lefty
01-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Dirk is just a big SG

8FOR!3
01-11-2012, 12:25 PM
the griffin hype has got to stop man.....they have no bigs atm that plays any form defense

He'll dominate for the US, a lot of foreign bigs have such a hard time with athletes like him. Even the good ones.